Fyreon

Fyreon's replays | 5k+ recent

On 27-10-2016 at 9:09 PM, DirtyACE7 said:

Thank you for posting your replay packs @Fyreon!

I'm currently trying to learn the Russian Med play and am currently on the T-54 with all modules researched.

Do you any good tips regarding this type of play?

I played the T54 a long time ago, but I think you should still play it like every other russian medium. Try to go hulldown wherever possible. Even though the turret armor isn't that great as it used to be, it is still reliable against most tier 8s and below. Most tier 9s and 10s will just pen you in the turret if they hit the correct spots. The hull and side armor is good for its tier so if you can't go hulldown just try and sidescrape etc.

Try to avoid 1 on 1 trades with other people. Your alpha damage is usually lower which means you are likely to lose in the end. Try to keep your gun firing as much as possible only then you will get some damage out. Don't forget to load some HEAT shells and use them when needed. There is no point in trying to hit lower plates etc of most tier 9 and tier 10 heavies and the like.

Also don't forget to use your mobility. If you noticed a flank is getting overrun or you have to leave your position, just leave. You can get away in the T54. It is mobile enough.

I might actually retrain my 430 v2 crew to the T54, since I am done with tank now, and get the 3 MoE.

Having written this, I feel like you should kinda do this with every (medium) tank though. Avoid bad trades, expose as a little as possible of your tank and watch your minimap and react to it.

On 10/29/2016 at 0:17 PM, Fyreon said:

I played the T54 a long time ago, but I think you should still play it like every other russian medium. Try to go hulldown wherever possible. Even though the turret armor isn't that great as it used to be, it is still reliable against most tier 8s and below. Most tier 9s and 10s will just pen you in the turret if they hit the correct spots. The hull and side armor is good for its tier so if you can't go hulldown just try and sidescrape etc.

Try to avoid 1 on 1 trades with other people. Your alpha damage is usually lower which means you are likely to lose in the end. Try to keep your gun firing as much as possible only then you will get some damage out. Don't forget to load some HEAT shells and use them when needed. There is no point in trying to hit lower plates etc of most tier 9 and tier 10 heavies and the like.

Also don't forget to use your mobility. If you noticed a flank is getting overrun or you have to leave your position, just leave. You can get away in the T54. It is mobile enough.

I might actually retrain my 430 v2 crew to the T54, since I am done with tank now, and get the 3 MoE.

Having written this, I feel like you should kinda do this with every (medium) tank though. Avoid bad trades, expose as a little as possible of your tank and watch your minimap and react to it.

Hi Feryon,

Thanks for the tips! This is kind of confirms my own ideas about how it should be played. However, even though I typically have good games as far dealing damage, my main problem with the T-54 (and I imagine it will also be with the tier 10 Russian meds) is that I can't seem to get a good WR. I originally did start with a 40% WR and was eventually able to raise it to about 57% but then lately it just been going down more and more and now at around 54%. I know that some of that is dependent on my teammates as well but I just feel like I'm not quite doing something because I feel like I should be doing at least 60% in it.

I would love to see some more replays from you using the T-54 if you decide to transfer your crew over to it from the Obj 430 v2.

Anyways, thank you for the tips again :)

21 hours ago, DirtyACE7 said:

Hi Feryon,

Thanks for the tips! This is kind of confirms my own ideas about how it should be played. However, even though I typically have good games as far dealing damage, my main problem with the T-54 (and I imagine it will also be with the tier 10 Russian meds) is that I can't seem to get a good WR. I originally did start with a 40% WR and was eventually able to raise it to about 57% but then lately it just been going down more and more and now at around 54%. I know that some of that is dependent on my teammates as well but I just feel like I'm not quite doing something because I feel like I should be doing at least 60% in it.

I would love to see some more replays from you using the T-54 if you decide to transfer your crew over to it from the Obj 430 v2.

Anyways, thank you for the tips again :)

You are welcome! :)

There is, I think, a couple of things you should do to get like 60%+ win rate. Damage isn't everything in a game. Of course the more damage you, the more likely it is to win. The damage done in the early and mid game is way more important than the late game which tends to be most clean-up damage when the game is already won. During the early and mid game I feel like you should look for positions where you either can support your teams mates or positions where you can control a part of the map and preferably you go to positions where you can do both. Sand River mid ridge is a good example on assualt. Always try to be in a position where you can actively have an influence.

Relocating is also very important. If you see your flank will get overrun soon, just leave it. It is better to keep your gun alive and still have an influence on the game, then to die needlessly defending a useless flank. Also when you see another flank is getting overrun, you should push the flank you are on. The enemy team is likely to have less tanks on your flank and this allows you to regain some map control and then later deal with the other tanks.

Finally, try to limit your hp loss in the early and mid game while maximizing damage. HP becomes more important the longer the game lasts. Although you should take a shot just to be able to get into a more superior position or push a flank.

Basically I think it comes down to always be in a position where you can actively influence the game. This is the thing, I think, that seperates the best players from the rest. They don't look for opportunties to do damage, they create those themselfs.

4 hours ago, Fyreon said:

You are welcome! :)

There is, I think, a couple of things you should do to get like 60%+ win rate. Damage isn't everything in a game. Of course the more damage you, the more likely it is to win. The damage done in the early and mid game is way more important than the late game which tends to be most clean-up damage when the game is already won. During the early and mid game I feel like you should look for positions where you either can support your teams mates or positions where you can control a part of the map and preferably you go to positions where you can do both. Sand River mid ridge is a good example on assualt. Always try to be in a position where you can actively have an influence.

Relocating is also very important. If you see your flank will get overrun soon, just leave it. It is better to keep your gun alive and still have an influence on the game, then to die needlessly defending a useless flank. Also when you see another flank is getting overrun, you should push the flank you are on. The enemy team is likely to have less tanks on your flank and this allows you to regain some map control and then later deal with the other tanks.

Finally, try to limit your hp loss in the early and mid game while maximizing damage. HP becomes more important the longer the game lasts. Although you should take a shot just to be able to get into a more superior position or push a flank.

Basically I think it comes down to always be in a position where you can actively influence the game. This is the thing, I think, that seperates the best players from the rest. They don't look for opportunties to do damage, they create those themselfs.

Thank you again!

Everything that you have just written is exactly what I know that should be done. It's the same things that I've read/heard from other great players such as yourself. I guess it's all about how successfully you implement  these concepts. Personally I feel like I've gotten better at doing early game and mid game damage and just staying dynamic with my overall approach as far as where to go and relocating or pushing but it's like something is just not there for me or perhaps I simply need to stay persistent and keep practicing these concepts.

What would you say was the defining thing that allowed you to break through to start performing as you are right now?

On 1-11-2016 at 1:46 AM, DirtyACE7 said:

Thank you again!

Everything that you have just written is exactly what I know that should be done. It's the same things that I've read/heard from other great players such as yourself. I guess it's all about how successfully you implement  these concepts. Personally I feel like I've gotten better at doing early game and mid game damage and just staying dynamic with my overall approach as far as where to go and relocating or pushing but it's like something is just not there for me or perhaps I simply need to stay persistent and keep practicing these concepts.

What would you say was the defining thing that allowed you to break through to start performing as you are right now?

Consistency is the hardest thing to master. You'll only get better by playing. Even though randoms are still like the name says random, a lot of things remain the same. Knowing these patterns I think will help you be somewhat succesful.

Not sure if there is one thing that allowed me to perform at the level I am playing currently. After my first couple of hundred games, when I had no clue how to play this game, I have been improving my game and still am. When I started playing this game I always got wrecked without having any impact whatsoever on the game and probably losing most games in the process. I don't really like to play games at which I am not very good at. So if I had to name one thing it would be a (somewhat) competative mindset.

On 11/3/2016 at 4:59 PM, Fyreon said:

Consistency is the hardest thing to master. You'll only get better by playing. Even though randoms are still like the name says random, a lot of things remain the same. Knowing these patterns I think will help you be somewhat succesful.

Not sure if there is one thing that allowed me to perform at the level I am playing currently. After my first couple of hundred games, when I had no clue how to play this game, I have been improving my game and still am. When I started playing this game I always got wrecked without having any impact whatsoever on the game and probably losing most games in the process. I don't really like to play games at which I am not very good at. So if I had to name one thing it would be a (somewhat) competative mindset.

I can certainly agree with having a competitive mindset. That is something very true with me as well. I really hate not being good at something I'm truly interested in, whether it's video games or something else. For me to feel enjoyment is to be good at whatever it is I'm doing. Simply being decent or ok is not good enough and not much fun.

9 hours ago, DirtyACE7 said:

Thanks for posting that!

Could you also post a replay pack or even two? Pretty please :)

Yes, I can since I actually got 3 MoE on the M60 two days a go, but I will do so tomorrow. Might also upload some of Leo games of today as they were pretty good.

19 minutes ago, Fyreon said:

Yes, I can since I actually got 3 MoE on the M60 two days a go, but I will do so tomorrow. Might also upload some of Leo games of today as they were pretty good.

That would be awesome! Looking forward to them!

gQXlM11.png

So I got 3 MoE on the M60 two days ago. After the campaign ended, I thought it would give it a go since the requirements would be slightly lower due to more people playing it. Still it was the hardest 3 MoE I ever did as the requirements were still way higher than other (normal) tier 10 tanks. Got to 94%+ two times before, but always got terrible games aftwards which drops the percentage really quickly. To give you an example: after the 11.2k damage game I got to 94.97% on the marks and then next 2 games dropped me to 91%. Took me another set of games to get the 3rd mark.

This replay pack contains 91 of my last 100 games played in the M60. I left some games, because they were games where I did not do much or anything at all. I average 5.1k damage with 1.4k assistance during those games.

https://www.mediafire.com/?8rthal47du6u566

7 hours ago, Fyreon said:

gQXlM11.png

So I got 3 MoE on the M60 two days ago. After the campaign ended, I thought it would give it a go since the requirements would be slightly lower due to more people playing it. Still it was the hardest 3 MoE I ever did as the requirements were still way higher than other (normal) tier 10 tanks. Got to 94%+ two times before, but always got terrible games aftwards which drops the percentage really quickly. To give you an example: after the 11.2k damage game I got to 94.97% on the marks and then next 2 games dropped me to 91%. Took me another set of games to get the 3rd mark.

This replay pack contains 91 of my last 100 games played in the M60. I left some games, because they were games where I did not do much or anything at all. I average 5.1k damage with 1.4k assistance during those games.

Thank you very much sir!

Do you ever stream by chance?

On 6-1-2017 at 2:34 AM, DirtyACE7 said:

Thank you very much sir!

Do you ever stream by chance?

You are welcome! :) No I don't stream currently. I could consider it, but I don't think I'd be the most entertaining streamer.

I played the 121 this weekend in between the Swedish tanks that I am grinding this weekend, which are absolute trash - gotten to tier 8 so far - and got the highest damage game I've ever gotten even topping my M60 game.

11.5k damage 121 - http://wotreplays.eu/site/3235218#swamp-fyreon-121

2 hours ago, vernl said:

+1 on the streaming, you don't have to entertain viewers if you play on this level, just play with maybe some music :doge:

Absolutely agree! Don't have to be a dancing monkey, sort of speak ;) You can just play music or nothing at all, just the game sounds. There are many great WoT streamers out there that do exactly this. Your FAME teammate DechaPL does this for example and I really enjoyed watching X3N4's streams and he also mainly just played music but sometimes he would turn the mic on and talk about things he is doing during each battle. Most of all we want to see your play and I imagine that's what people who are watching you will be after as well. We want to see your skillz ;)

On 05/01/2017 at 6:16 PM, Fyreon said:

gQXlM11.png

it's so beautiful man.

Well given your positive reactions I might as well give streaming a try. I installed OBS today and configured it, so might stream on Friday or Saturday if it all works.

Also got some more replays to post. I bought the 121 a while ago and I like it a lot. Three-marked it a few days ago and I'll probably upload some more games later this week.

13 games in 121 - 5.5k average damage

https://www.mediafire.com/?iiv478aav2eqwfc