Lord_Met

About to buy Rust, anyone want too play with me?

With recent changes to Rust, and the way the game looks in its current version i have decided too buy the game. But like most survival games Rust is better played with a group.

I have lots of experience with Dayz and a fair amount in 7d2d, if that helps make the choice any easier.

I've been interested in choosing one of these games recently... was looking at Rust, H1Z1 or even DayZ.. Which would you recommend? If I pick up Rust I'll be glad to play.

I've been looking at Rust for a while now but haven't gotten it for the same reason as you (nobody to play with).  I'm curious to know if other people have played it and what their experience has been.

I'm just going to pick up Ark when it comes out this Tuesday, was thinking about getting Rust though.

I've been interested in choosing one of these games recently... was looking at Rust, H1Z1 or even DayZ.. Which would you recommend? If I pick up Rust I'll be glad to play.

H1z1 will be f2p at some point, so i wouldn't buy it and is currently infested with hackers(youtube evidence and the like) Dayz mod is great spent hours apon hours playing it, the stand alone is lack luster to say the least.(granted i haven't played it just going by youtube videos)

I've been looking at Rust for a while now but haven't gotten it for the same reason as you (nobody to play with).  I'm curious to know if other people have played it and what their experience has been.

this is a review on steam, i think it sums up what i have seen on youtube nicely 

A game where you can build a nice house, and look out you window only to see a naked man chasing another naked man with a rock. 

Rate 420/10 would be naked again

Also, something too take into consideration, the game seems too have some performance issues from people with good rigs, will it ever be fixed? idk, but i think that is the common theme in survival games atm.

Edited by Lord_Met

Well fellas, i made the purchase anyone wanting to play the game with me hit me up :)

That being said if my old PC can't run it well enough itll be a moment before i can play it lol. My system specs seem good enough for the most part exceeding the recommended stuff so it shouldn't be an issue.

So i downloaded the game and it plays really well for an alpha survival game, forest and the like have me at a min of 40 fps(mid range settings for the lowest quality) My GPU is likely the only reason why i have to run on those settings :).