Which guns? KV-3 and KV-85

Gun Selection KV-85 and KV-3  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which Gun for KV-85?

2. 2. Which gun for KV-3?

• 100mm D-10T
    • 122mm D-25T
    • 107mm Zis-6

I took advantage of the Soviet Steel discounts and moved up into the KV-85 and the KV-3.  Now I just need to know which guns work best on these things. I like a big alpha as much as anybody but long. long reloads can be an issue. I'm not a sniper hang back kind of tank driver, I prefer in your face, up front supporting or flank supporting as fits the situation and vehicle.

Thanks in advance for your advice

kv85 has a shit 122 and a good 100 whilst the kv3 has a shit 100 and a good 122

nuff said

Once you get to the IS, the 122 is already unlocked -- should you use that crap 122 until you lock the better one or go with the 100 on the IS as well?

kv85 has a shit 122 and a good 100 whilst the kv3 has a shit 100 and a good 122

nuff said

It looks like people agree with this in landslide numbers.  I'll run with it.  Thanks!

The IS should use the first 122 while grinding the top one.

The IS should use the first 122 while grinding the top one.

Right now the KV-3 and the KV-85 are both using the first 122 while the KV-3 grinds the top 122 and the KV-85 grinds the 100.

I used 122mm on KV-85. It's unreliable yes, but not like it was reliable before. Pop out, blap someone for 400 and back to reload. Repeat 3 times and you have good game.

I can't deal with that reload. What's the RoF now - 3 rpm or something ridiculous? The DPM was bad before, now it's like 1200 or something equally absurdly bad.

Plus they killed the top speed, and the only reason to play the old Tier 6 KV-1S was the combination of speed and alpha. It still turns well, but I liked the speed and alpha.. This is how WG balances things: nerfs them stupidly. All the old tank needed was nerfing the gun depression to -5° or -3° instead of the absurdly good -8° it had for no good reason, and maybe a small nerf to reload. Instead the 122 got raped into being stupidly useless, a novelty gun, and the speed got eliminated.

Mine has gathered dust in the garage since it got changed. I played one match with the 122mm, and one or two with the 100mm, and it's been parked ever since. I don't know if I'll keep it or not. I'm running into a situation with Russian heavies where might have more crews than keeper tanks. I have a KV-1, KV-85, T-150, IS, and IS-2b, all with dedicated crews. The KV-1 is a keeper. Unless something drastically changes, I won't keep the T-150; I get pissed playing the thing and angling perfectly only to have my entire turret face be a weakness I can't protect with wiggling because it makes my reticle blow up to the size of the Moon. I'm not even sure if I'm gonna continue up the T-150 line at this point; the KV-3 no longer looks attractive, and seems to only bounce random shots, nothing consistent, the KV-4 looks good but the armor is quasi-useless against 9s and is too sluggish to use aggressive traversing to consistently present bad angles to the enemy like an SP or IS-6 can, and the ST-I...I'm not sure I wanna pursue a line of trash just to get a good Tier 9 that is followed by an apparently bad Tier 10.

The IS is a keeper...except I have the IS-2b, which is functionally identical, so the IS will get sold as soon as I can afford an IS-3 to move the crew to. The IS-2b crew needs a tank as a permanent home.

So if I sell the T-150 and abandon that whole line, and sell the KV-85 and IS, that means I have crews in the KV-1, KV-85, T-150, IS, and IS-2b, but only have the KV-1 and IS-2b to place them in, plus an IS-3 in the near future. Five crews for three Russian heavies. That would be all I ever need even if I end up buying and keeping the IS-8 and IS-7.

I guess I could retrain one crew to a medium tank...but I already have crews in the T-34, T-34-85, and Rudy, and the -85 is getting sold (I have the Rudy) as soon as I Ace it, and the T-34 might disappear too. Also, I have my old T-28 crew twiddling their thumbs in the barracks for years now, and that's a lot of crews. If I buy back the T-28 to fix the embarrassing WR then resell it...that's four Russian med crews without a permanent home. I don't expect the T-43 to be a keeper. Fortunately there seem to be a lot of Russian meds that are keepers, so one of my heavy crews may move to a med.

It's sad that the Russian heavies seem to be so hit or miss, but maybe I'll end up persisting until I get a KV-4, and the Tier 5 KV-1S is always a possibility.

...looks like you will have to break down and get the IS-6 to train all those heavy crews!    :verysmug:

AND, with the domination mode, we will get 3 additional crews after the event? (and another Russian medium crew to your barracks)