_ScrubLord_

Info about IS-5 & campaign

Looks like we've got some leak from SEA server (may or may not be accurate).

http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/19853-info-about-is-5-campaign/?p=512454 here for the event regulation details,thx for sharing(and digging) :D.

As each of the servers are announcing the news one by one,

finally we're getting clear idea of it.

any thoughts?

And some interesting numbers,IS-5 appears to be purchasable with in-game gold,for a limited amount though.

RU server: 10k as rewards; 20k for sale.

EU server: 4.5k as rewards; 6.5k for sale.

NA server: 1k as rewards; 1.5k for sale.

SEA server:kek

waow.

The RU news post doesnt contain much more info than the EU;

World Events "Armageddon" will start on June 11 and will last 11 days. 

But that is probably server specific.

gawd wheres the one for SEA server.

Probably in a day or three, I mean, we're still waiting for the announcement on who won C3.

Edit: NA has a picture of the IS-5 with the "special" camo:

cw_armageddon-obj730_00t2_bqfo80l.png

How many M60/907/VKs were given out last campaign? Would like to see if I have the slightest chance at one without being in the strongest of clam.

I got the distinct impression that there would be no choosing allowed this time, it's that crummy is3 clone and stfu.

Probably in a day or three, I mean, we're still waiting for the announcement on who won C3.

Wait a minute,you're implying that they do realize they've forgot about it?

Well,i'm guessing less than a day,and all we need is a specific time of it.

I got the distinct impression that there would be no choosing allowed this time, it's that crummy is3 clone and stfu.

Very constructive response, I appreciate your ability to answer my questions and I applaud your reading comprehension skills.

Very constructive response, I appreciate your ability to answer my questions and I applaud your reading comprehension skills.

Very constructive response. I appreciate your ability to consider the possibility that people sometimes misunderstand what is written. I applaud your understanding of the human mind and your forgiving nature.

:)

On topic: I think people that show up for at least 9 out of 11 days will be somewhat safe of getting the tank. That was how it was during the two last mini-campaigns.

I'm down...

I like tanks as rewards for constructed competitive play. I like it more than gold, actually.

I'm a bit confused as to why it will also be offered as a purchasable item, limited or not. But, if the last campaign is similar, I'll throw the reward camo on the IS-5 and that will make it special.

I'm down...

I like tanks as rewards for constructed competitive play. I like it more than gold, actually.

I'm a bit confused as to why it will also be offered as a purchasable item, limited or not. But, if the last campaign is similar, I'll throw the reward camo on the IS-5 and that will make it special.

The real question is. Who's controlling the chips this time?

So what's the point of it being a 'reward' if it's gonna be available as a sale?

On the plus side it's a minicampaign.

I'm down...

I thought only 1,000th through the 1,500th places have the option to buy the tank. You still have to place in the campaign to get it. The top 1,000 get it for free with the special camo. The explanation is that they wanted to allow more people the chance to get one without just giving away more of them for free.

Here is the NA post.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/cw/cw-armageddon/

How many M60/907/VKs were given out last campaign? Would like to see if I have the slightest chance at one without being in the strongest of clam.

Do we have any final stats on the IS-5? Is it in TI?

Yes the tank's stats are in the live server client for TI to view. Can't guarentee WG not doing a last minute, middle-finger nerf, but expect stats in that ballpark.

I thought only 1,000th through the 1,500th places have the option to buy the tank. You still have to place in the campaign to get it. The top 1,000 get it for free with the special camo. The explanation is that they wanted to allow more people the chance to get one without just giving away more of them for free.

IIRC it's 1-1000 getting the tank for free, and 1001-2500 that can buy it.

1500 can buy, 1000 get for free. Adds up to a potential 2500 total getting it.

The true explanation is that they want money... Look at the number they're selling on the RU server... Assuming the tank is about $50, thats a million bucks if everybody that can buys one.

Also, in order to increase the number of IS-5 owners and taking into account the increased interest in it, we'll provide the top 1,500 participants who did not win an opportunity to purchase the IS-5 with Gold. Thus the total number of tank winners will be increased from 1,000 to 2,500.

Thats kinda like pay2win? Maybe Im wrong...

Also, in order to increase the number of IS-5 owners and taking into account the increased interest in it, we'll provide the top 1,500 participants who did not win an opportunity to purchase the IS-5 with Gold. Thus the total number of tank winners will be increased from 1,000 to 2,500.

It's more like win2pay tbh.

Basically if you don't get into a position for a free tank, SerB dangles the opportunity to let you have it... if you shell out $$$ out of your bank/wallet. Also kinda shoehorns the wallet warriors (me being one RiP) into participating in the event if they want one.

Also, in order to increase the number of IS-5 owners and taking into account the increased interest in it, we'll provide the top 1,500 participants who did not win an opportunity to purchase the IS-5 with Gold. Thus the total number of tank winners will be increased from 1,000 to 2,500.

You are wrong, since it will only be available for purchase to people who put in the effort, hence not pay2win. I also imagine most people will buy it with gold earned from skirmishes, cws, tourneys and such.

You are wrong, since it will only be available for purchase to people who put in the effort, hence not pay2win. I also imagine most people will buy it with gold earned from skirmishes, cws, tourneys and such.

Ya, but its 11k gold or more, and thats 1,500 IS5.

Ya, but its 11k gold or more, and thats 1,500 IS5.

You can't simply buy the IS-5 off-the-shelf, so to say. Needs participation in an event where you're stacked against others also going for the tank, so it's more of a competition prize then anything.

Albeit, a really shitty prize that costs money to get. Kinda like forcing the 2nd place guy to spend $$$ to get his silver medal.