MoshiMoshi778

Fallout 4

Same here - if its more of the same that's fine. I just hope I don't need to play it 4x over to complete the achievements (one of the few Xbox games I play these days)

ITS REALLY FUCKING HARD TO FAIL WITH GAME MECHANIC FORMULA LIKE FALLOUT

DON'T

PLEASE

DON'T

GET
FUCKED

I look forward to collecting so much crap and not being able to fast travel back home and decide to walk across the map for 3 hours :)

This may pull me from tanking :)

Pls.

Sure hope i don't have to buy a new rig for this one, but should it come to that im prepared to eat porridge for a month or kill a few grannies or whatever it takes.

I love Fallout (even Fallout Tactics) but will probably wait a while to pick this up.  Bethesda has got to have the worst qa and it usually takes them a year to get all the bugs worked out.  New Vegas was the only console game I ever had that would constantly lock up on me.  I like to wait for the game of the year edition with all the add-ons included for games like this.

I know that place 'cause I grew up there...

Would love to hunt Super Mutants in my home town.

So looks like all the rumours about it being set in/around Boston are accurate. Nice to have a setting that will be a little greener plus have a bit more civilisation - hopefully this means a few more meaningful, meaty quests, which was the main thing lacking in both of Beth's two most recent games (Fallout 3 and Skyrim).

Also interesting that it seems that the player character will have an actual VA, which I believe is the point of having the Vault character speak at the end of the trailer (plus leak rumours about casting call for both a male and female lead, which wouldn't be necessary for a silent player character). That would be a fairly huge change for Beth games! The engine seems fairly similar to the previous versions (a lot of items, particularly the robots, look very similar) but also notably improved.

It's a nice trailer, and I'll certainly be following with anticipation, but will absolutely have to see more about the actual content of the world before I consider buying. As I said before, I'm not a fan of huge, empty open worlds anymore, as I find I get bored a bit too quickly. I really love how Beth creates world spaces, so no issues there, but really want to see that they've upped their game in terms of filling that world with some more meaningful content.

Although it very likely can't beat Fallout 2, I'm still very hyped for this. I've played through every game of the series (and multiple times). Time to heat up New Vegas again :).

Thx lots for the vid... I own ALL the fallout series and the dlc.

I still play N/V when a want a break from multiplayer...

Gfx look sweet, just up-graded my gpu and monitor.. How lucky was that....

Now if I could only take my G-3 sniper rifle by millenium, the world would be [redacted] perfect...

:thumbup:

Bye money.

Love that graphic bj . . . but I can't help but ask, at the risk of sounding stupid.

Always read and put into practice that the human eye cannot distinguish anything faster than 30 fps (actually 24), so why is it so apparent in your graphic.?

Most Saturday morning cartoons back in the day rendered at 12 to 15 fps, and looked fine.

This is not Google knowledge, this is real life knowledge as I was an animator using AutoDesk 3D Studio and Kinetix for years.

Bye money.

Love that graphic bj . . . but I can't help but ask, at the risk of sounding stupid.

Always read and put into practice that the human eye cannot distinguish anything faster than 30 fps (actually 24), so why is it so apparent in your graphic.?

Most Saturday morning cartoons back in the day rendered at 12 to 15 fps, and looked fine.

This is not Google knowledge, this is real life knowledge as I was an animator using AutoDesk 3D Studio and Kinetix for years.

I was going to try to give you a full answer, but the fact is that I don't know why it is. Probably due to the way the eye decides what information to grab. In 60fps, your eye is actually taking in 2.5 frames worth of information per "frame", and after that, your brain decides how to use the information to create the illusion of motion. In 24fps, there are big holes in the motion, so it looks like it's stuttering.

Here's an explanation, probably.

In this particular case, I think the stuttering is because of the discrete motion of the images. 30 times per second, the 60 fps line moves half a 30-frame ahead of the 30 fps line, and then back one 60-frame later.