MoshiMoshi778

Fallout 4

Am I the only one who was perfectly satisfied with vanilla Fallout 3?

No...

I think it's hilarious that:

f829031546bb0e90d73672f3885f9a84.jpg

...you are all spoiled fucking pieces of shit...

I remember the REAL first FPS:

personally i cant wait to get hold of some remnant power armour. sooo sexy

And... And... And then MODIFY THE SHIT OUT OF IT! 

Love the crafting stuff... And the base-building... I hope you can have endless waves of raiders attack you.

Why do people often aim for graphic. If the game is fun I don't think graphic is that much of a priority. High quality animation is one thing but high quality graph only ends up as aesthetic, like vanity items

Nice graphics are good, and they certainly help the immersion factor, but they definitely aren't necessary. I'd probably complain if Fallout 4 had graphical quality the same as Fallout 3, but that isn't the case, and I think that what we've seen so far is completely acceptable for the current generation. This is coming from someone with a 1440p monitor and a high end graphics card who will see all the polygons and blurry textures.

As for Fallout 4 specifically, the most important thing is probably going to be the world and atmosphere, and neither of those needs advanced shaders or high-poly models.

Why do people often aim for graphic. If the game is fun I don't think graphic is that much of a priority. High quality animation is one thing but high quality graph only ends up as aesthetic, like vanity items

graphics arnt required for a game to be successful (fallout new vegas) but i for one like to be able to stop in a game and have a look around and be genuinely impressed by what i see. it helps with immersion

- Oblivion: hated exploring the world (damned oblivion gates everywhere), fast-traveled literally everywhere, but loved, loved, loved the quests, especially the guild ones, did everything. Combat was boring as heck so that was another reason to fast-travel everywhere. Never bought expansion packs. 70~ish hours total.

you've missed out big time the shivering isle is he only redeeming feature to oblivion which is a simplified pos compare to morrowind(should probaly play that as well)

skyrim simplifies things a bit more but actualy added things to make up for the losses.

I like immersive gameplay. Immersive means to be fully enveloped in the world which doesn't require graphics at all. Anyone who has had a good Dungeons and Dragons game will know this.

The Fallout universe has always enveloped me. I remember playing through the first and second games being completely enthralled and invested. I was living the game. It didn't require modern graphics at all. All the game needed to do was propose a world that was interesting to me in such a way that I wanted to know more and explore.

Fallout 4 looks fantastic as a story alone. You're there to see the bombs drop and wake up the lone survivor of Vault 111 over 200 years later amid the ruins of the Greater Boston area? Base-building, an extensive crafting system, and whatever other bells and whistles they throw in there is just lipstick on an already delicious Brahmin. I would gobble that shit up in narrative RPG form. I would play this game if it were text-based like the game of the 1980s. 

As long as the graphics aren't immersion-bustingly terrible then I'm usually fine with them not being cutting edge outside of a high end sim or a AAA shooter. A bad user interface, on the other hand, will piss me off no matter the game. 

you've missed out big time the shivering isle is he only redeeming feature to oblivion which is a simplified pos compare to morrowind(should probaly play that as well)

skyrim simplifies things a bit more but actualy added things to make up for the losses.

I didn't like some of Skyrim's skill changes but I shouldn't complain to much. And yes, get Morrowind, get the overhaul, a combat mod so that combat doesn't blow and you are good to go. (Or wait for Skywind to release! )

I like immersive gameplay. Immersive means to be fully enveloped in the world which doesn't require graphics at all. Anyone who has had a good Dungeons and Dragons game will know this.

The Fallout universe has always enveloped me. I remember playing through the first and second games being completely enthralled and invested. I was living the game. It didn't require modern graphics at all. All the game needed to do was propose a world that was interesting to me in such a way that I wanted to know more and explore.

Fallout 4 looks fantastic as a story alone. You're there to see the bombs drop and wake up the lone survivor of Vault 111 over 200 years later amid the ruins of the Greater Boston area? Base-building, an extensive crafting system, and whatever other bells and whistles they throw in there is just lipstick on an already delicious Brahmin. I would gobble that shit up in narrative RPG form. I would play this game if it were text-based like the game of the 1980s. 

That story seems most interesting to me.  In Fallout 3 at least, you were part of a relatively normal vault, and got the chance to explore some of the 'experiment' Vaults in the land.  This one seems to me like an experiment one - one dealing with a form of extended aging.  Maybe cryostasis or gene mods, who knows.  Can't wait to find out though!

After reviewing the trailer quite a few times I'm getting the feeling that this is a prequel to the Fallout 3 DC wasteland and the Fallout New Vegas.

Why build a fence of metal sheets when you can build a fence of turrets instead? That's going to be my base building philosophy :doge:

I hope I'll get the ability to mod the Gattling Laser to such an extent the game will be forced to call it the "Super Turbo Gattling Laser Mk III"

Because why the fuck not?

I hope I'll get the ability to mod the Gattling Laser to such an extent the game will be forced to call it the "Super Turbo Gattling Laser Mk III"

Because why the fuck not?

Well, since you can name your weapons whatever you want, you can force that...

In Fallout 3 at least, you were part of a relatively normal vault, and got the chance to explore some of the 'experiment' Vaults in the land.  

Vault 101s experiment was to stay closed forever. Every Vault had some experiment going on.

True, hence why I said 'relatively' normal.  No, that wasn't at all because I couldn't remember 101's experiment.

...anyway, compared to the Gary vault, and the 999 women 1 man vault... yeah, closed forever is pretty normal.