It's_Matra

[DISCONTINUED] MatraMod Customisable DamageLog

UPDATE

It's with a heavy heart that I am discontinuing support on what I believed to be one of, if not the most, useful mods in the game. Since the introduction of 9.16 it has however been made slightly obsolete. The other reason is that I do not have the time or motivation to decrypt other 'modders' versions to edit/update - they are so heavily protected these days and I don't want to share a mod that has other dubious bits put in that I do not know about. The original creator [GambitER] has discontinued his support for the mod for some time now!

However all is not lost! You can download my configs HERE and a guide on how to use them.

But what use are configs without the actual mod? I hear you ask... Well if you download another butchered variant of Gambit ER's DamageLog then you can use my painstakingly edited/created configs to make it look exactly how my version did. If you want to move things around then I wrote a quick bit of documentation to assist you in doing so. I don't want to be sharing with you guys a mod that I don't trust myself!

[This was my most popular mod by a LONG way, downloaded by players on all of the different regional servers and well over 1000 downloads over the last 3 months alone - which for someone who doesn't gold spam stream stream and only shares mods on WoTlabs - that is a great achievement #filthycasual]

About

The damage panel from my modpack was becoming so large and so much work that it deserved it's own thread dedicated to it. As with my modpack the DamageLog can be easily customised with drag and drop options - no coding required!! Based on GambitER's work

This is a standalone mod that does not require XVM to work. It can be used in conjuction with XVM without any issues (so you can use it as part of your own modpack)

It has alternatives/options to meet most requirements, for the full list see the 'Available Options' section below

• Hit counter (counts the total number of hits received)
  • Log of damage received/bounced etc and type of ammunition used
  • Optional pop-up message when receiving a hit
  • Optional Hitlog counter (counts the damage you do)*
  • Damage bounced counter (counts the potential damage received)*

*Both useful for calculating status of a particular mission etc. README.txt contains installation information etc.

It's a very powerful (and tidy) customisable mod making it a one-stop-shop if you don't want to clutter your folders with other mods. It's also pretty compact in size, even with all of the additional configurations, readme.txt and options it is only about 52KB larger (on disk) than the standard (Russian) damagelog

Screenshots

FEEL FREE TO SUBMIT ME YOUR SCREENSHOTS/VIDEOS

Example of DamageLog (from v1.1.3-dev). NOTE: NA safe settings do not show vehicle name or symbol (this is no longer a 'legal' requirement and you can use standard settings if you so wish.):

Hitlog_example.png

Example of Bounced counter (shield and swords) and hitlog total (optional; crossed swords) from v1.1.3-dev

hitlog.png

On 'Alt' keypress you will see the above change into the following: (from v1.1.7)

Totals.png

The left shield is your 'tanking' total - Combination of damage dealt, blocked and taken. The right (gold swords) is the total damage of your platoon 

Optional configuration can be made to select the 'last shot'. This will display the last damaging shot you made in brackets

Last_Shot.png

Videos
Until YouTube embedding is properly fixed these will unfortunately be inside spoilers
First up is a great mini-review from Perikles who shows the basics of what you can expect to see. He uses the EU/SEA config; those wishing to keep it NA safe need to use the NA server option (which is found in res_mods\configs\DamageLog\Log\NA Server)

Changes [in 1.4.5]

• Fixed chat bug

Known Bugs:

None reported so far

Download (v1.4.5)

Available options

Spoiler

Each option is a config file or a set of config files, to install copy the required file to the res_mods\configs\DamageLog directory

The easy to customise configs are arranged as shown below and found in res_mods\configs\DamageLog

Disabled folder:
Contains a disable config for;
- The damaged blocked counter (Blocked.cfg)
- The damage dealt counter (Damaged.cfg)
- The main log (Log.cfg)
- The pop-up message (Message.cfg)

Enabled folder:
Contains an enable config for:
- The damaged blocked counter (Blocked.cfg)
- The damage dealt counter (Damaged.cfg), option to show last shot too

Log folder:
Contains the enable log configs (Log.cfg) for multiple languages and NA safe version

Message folder:
Contains the enable configs (Message.cfg) for the pop-up message in multiple languages and NA safe version

NA Safe settings do not show details of who shot you, only the damage done and ammo type making it legal for use on NA servers.

Default Settings

The default settings are:

• DamageLog Enabled (EU)
  • Pop-Up Message Enabled - (disable using Alternative Options)
  • Damage Received Counter Enabled - (disable using Alternative Option)
  • Hitlog Total Enabled - (disable using Alternative Option)

FAQ

Spoiler

Q: Can I add my own Macros?
A: Yes you can though I would suggest making your own config if you wish to go down this route. I made this setup to be as easy and efficient as possible for all users.

Q: Do I have to install the included font
A: Yes, though if you don't install it it will still work - only some elements will be missing!

Q: Can I use this in my modpack?
A: Yes you can, not aware of any compatibility issues at the moment

Q: Can I change where the Pop-Up message is shown
A: Yes but this involves some editing using Notepad++ (NOT NOTEPAD THAT COMES WITH WINDOWS!). Open the configs folder and edit the X and Y values inside of Message.cfg to match your desired position

Q: I see lots of words and symbols on the screen, Ricochet, Absorbed, * etc... what do these mean?
A:
Ricochet - This is when you are hit at an auto-bounce angle
Bounce - This is what happens when your armour is not penetrated, due to angling/thickness etc
Absorbed - This is a 0dmg penetration where spaced armour (or tracks) 'eat'/take the dmg preserving your HP pool
Fire - The damage received upon each fire 'tick'
Ram - The damage received as part of a ramming action
Collision - The damage received as part of a 'world collision' - a.k.a falling damage
Repair - The hitpoints restored as part of a repair during a Domination based match
* - Critical hit, crew member(s) and/or module(s) were damaged/destroyed in that hit (usually proceeds dmg received; i.e. 308*)
Symbols are used to help with formatting, the picture below helps explain these, they will be shown with their corresponding 'details':

Symbols.png

Proposed changes

None at the moment

Release History

Spoiler

vx.x.x
Details

v1.4.5
Fixed chat bug

v1.4.4
updated for 9.15.2
removed NA safe options as all options are confirmed NA safe
altered damagelog enabled options (removed alternative enabled log)

v1.4.3
reduced config file size by approx 15%
Fixed issue with French Message config (unreported)

v1.4.2
Updated folder structure for 9.15.1.1

v1.4.1
Updated for 9.15.1
Fog of war, repairs display, collision display bug fixes

v1.4.0
Updated for 9.15 and 'Last Shot' is now enabled by default

v1.3.1
Added option for 'last shot'
updated for 9.14

v1.2.2
Updated for 9.13

v1.2.1
Fixed horizontal spacing issue
Fixed custom background ability

v1.2.0
Updated for v9.12
Optimised code

v1.1.9 
Removed dependancy on cameraNode
Python files renamed and relocated
Fixed error with NA Log file

v1.1.8
Config update and improved README files
- fixed bugs including log vanishing on alt keypress

v1.1.7
Updated for 9.10
Added counter combining damage blocked and hitlog on Alt keypress if blocked counter enabled
Added counter combining damage done by you and platoon on Alt keypress if hitlog enabled

v1.1.7a
Alpha candidate release with new alternatives layout preparing for easy-installer
Ramming, Falling and Fire damage now shown in DamageLog as values with corresponding symbol
Improved config code
Pop-up message now enabled by default

v1.1.6.1
No Data message now fixed making feedback the most comprehensive available;
- Falling damage (world collisions) and Ramming both separated
Richochets, Absorbtions and Armour (bounce) with translations
Improved spacing between hit number and damage recived on log
Improved code efficiency, thus reducing size

v1.1.6
Updated for 9.9

v1.1.5
Fixed display bug with HEAT ammo on pop-up message
Added French and German translations for pop-up messages and log
fixed bug where pop up message could show in post mortem mode
macros now more suitable names
macro formatting changed
Code optimisation

v1.1.4
Removed red shadow
Tweaked log settings
Fixed bugs that incorrectly displayed repairs/collisions and fire etc.

v1.1.3
Fixed spacing issue on Log between APCR/HEAT and vehicle type
Fixed blocked and hitlog counter alignment
Adjusted opacit

v1.1.2
Fixed bug that displayed vehicle types incorrectl

v1.1.1
Rebrand as DamageLog
Config files moved to res_mods/configs/DamageLog
Renamed some options for clarity
message position changed
Removed Log background
Reduced space between damage received and damage type
Moved blocked and hitlog counters to left side near PlayersPanel selectors
reduced background opacity on blocked/hitlog counters
Added repair for compatibility with Domination Mode (0.9.8.1)
No longer shows when switching to other tank in post mortem mode

v1.1
Fixed HEAT/APCR display issues
Enlarged text display on type
Improved NA safe options
New message data for non-NA users
Renamed secondary counter to from received to 'bounced'. Counter displays damaged blocked by armour/autobounce
Included font which needs installing to show symbols
Moved pop-up message position

v1.0
created new Damage Panel

Credits

GambitER

At the moment the text is in English for the hitlog. I'm thinking of doing translator files for:

• French
  • German
  • Spanish
  • any other language if there is a suitable demand

Would anyone be interested in that?

Alpha version of potential next release is available now v1.1.6.1a

Changes mainly include bug fixes

No Data bug fixed, now ramming/collision/fires etc are correctly reported and displayed on the log. This is now the MOST comprehensive Log currently available (See FAQ)

Spacing issue between damage type and number has been fixed, code simplified and as a bi-product more efficient and smaller filesize. 

Alpha version of potential next release is available now v1.1.6.1a

Changes mainly include bug fixes

No Data bug fixed, now ramming/collision/fires etc are correctly reported and displayed on the log. This is now the MOST comprehensive Log currently available (See FAQ)

Spacing issue between damage type and number has been fixed, code simplified and as a bi-product more efficient and smaller filesize. 

Nice to have this clean, put it in place after getting 'only' 7600 damage in my 183 missing the 8k mark.  Could you post what the defaults are (I think by default the damage blocked counter and hitlog are active, but it'd be nice to say it some place).

Also, could you put a list of the icons and what they mean?  I think I understand the silver vs gold, and the damage or 'bounced' etc, but what do the star, bidirectional arrows mean?  I think another icon is for ammo type, but I can't tell for sure.  Also a clock or reload icon.

Also for NA you are only prevented from displaying the tank of unspotted enemies.  For spotted enemies reporting the tank is fine.

Nice to have this clean, put it in place after getting 'only' 7600 damage in my 183 missing the 8k mark.  Could you post what the defaults are (I think by default the damage blocked counter and hitlog are active, but it'd be nice to say it some place).

Also, could you put a list of the icons and what they mean?  I think I understand the silver vs gold, and the damage or 'bounced' etc, but what do the star, bidirectional arrows mean?  I think another icon is for ammo type, but I can't tell for sure.  Also a clock or reload icon.

Also for NA you are only prevented from displaying the tank of unspotted enemies.  For spotted enemies reporting the tank is fine.

Thanks for the feedback

I will look at updating the symbols etc in the FAQ over the coming days (and also list what the default settings are)

There is no option to determine between spotted/unspotted enemies at the moment, the function only looks at shell data/damage data and does not compare against tank visibility data; Thus the option to remove the tank data altogether - making it legal on NA servers

Off the top of my head the * means a critical hit (module or crew damage received)

EDIT: Updated the First post to include default settings information along with extending FAQ to include the symbols

Errr yeah as it's my config... :retard:

(and that screenshot if from an earlier version of my config, the spacing has changed slightly since then to deal with a spacing issue but it still looks the same)

Could you upload and link it somewhere?

So, I updated the damage log today and now it looks like this: 

shot_096.jpg

Any idea what caused this?

Yes, that is a small bug (it is alpha release after all)

I will have that fixed early tomorrow morning as it is an easy fix :)

Could you upload and link it somewhere?

Yes it will be in the first post tomorrow once I squash a few bugs (mainly related around formatting, it's looking in the wrong place for some info at the moment)

The download link in the first post has been rolled back to the last stable release (haven't updated text for the minute). That will work just fine whilst I work on the new version (should be ready tomorrow all going well). Apologies for the poor quality of release! I haven't had much time for testing so forced you guys to do it with an alpha release

Fixed the symbols bug and updated to 1.1.6.1b, shell types should now display properly (it was looking at the wrong font so would display AP, APCR etc in symbols rather than plain text!)

Fixed the symbols bug and updated to 1.1.6.1b, shell types should now display properly (it was looking at the wrong font so would display AP, APCR etc in symbols rather than plain text!)

hah that explains a lot.  I thought you were trying to be superfancy by using an icon instead of text, and I wasn't going to give you grief for that (yet).

Updated to 1.1.7a which is an alpha release, testing changes to be made when 9.10 test starts :P

Alternative configs have changed somewhat and need to update the first post when I get a chance - currently it is a tiny bit more work to make it NA safe (you have to open an extra folder and copy one more file). It's like this to go with the new 'easy-installer' which I am working on (amongst many other things!).

There is now a README file in res_mods/configs/DamageLog which should hopefully explain more! I will look at ways of making it easy to manually set NA safe as well as the 'easy-installer' over the coming days

Cool, I have tested it my end and it seemed to work ok :/

Let me know which configs you are using (they are all built from a 'trunk' config then modified to suit languages and NA servers etc, the issue may be here)

I do have to say thank you as out of the 130+ people who have downloaded it you're one of the very few who have provided feedback/issues so that I can fix them :P

I may look at a way to remove the requirements for the DamageLog font but I do like those symbols :P using something else is possible and will investigate

I do have to say thank you as out of the 130+ people who have downloaded it you're one of the very few who have provided feedback/issues so that I can fix them :P

Matra,

here's  my feedback:

everything I wanted works like it should work! I play WoT with the official "Mac wrapper" of wargaming on my iMac..

thanks again for all the work!

Staf

There shouldn't be any more radical changes in the coming versions so how it looks is how it's going to stay for a while. the only 'new' thing will be the installer once I eventually get that up and running, having to learn new stuff to make it :P

New version being prepped for 10.0, few changes to how everything works. File structure has changed and removed dependency on other scripts.

Fixed bug where (when pressing alt) the log would vanish.

Fixed bug where platoon damage total only showed platoon-mate(s) damage, now shows combined (total platoon damage)

Added the first video to the first post and will be adding another picture later

Edited by It's_Matra