Jump to content
It's_Matra

[DISCONTINUED] MatraMod Customisable DamageLog

Recommended Posts

After i ping the map, the chat works. Also when i use a quick command (Attack, Defend, ...) the chat is working. Note these commands also write something in the chatbox.

And of course you can press enter and click the chat box (while holding ctrl) like sr360 found out.

Are you scanning for any keypresses or input strings? Seems like the Input String from the keyboard is fetched somewhere else and not in the chatbox IO stream.
Maybe you have to define the standard io stream?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SchwarzerPeter said:

After i ping the map, the chat works. Also when i use a quick command (Attack, Defend, ...) the chat is working. Note these commands also write something in the chatbox.

And of course you can press enter and click the chat box (while holding ctrl) like sr360 found out.

Are you scanning for any keypresses or input strings? Seems like the Input String from the keyboard is fetched somewhere else and not in the chatbox IO stream.
Maybe you have to define the standard io stream?

I think I might be looking in the wrong place and it may be the shockwave/flash code that I should be looking at. No part of the DamageLog should look at or even use the chat box... the flash overlay however might be causing a conflict - the same as some of the XVM bits do from time to time... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, It's_Matra said:

I think I might be looking in the wrong place and it may be the shockwave/flash code that I should be looking at.

Was what I was thinking too.

Aslo while you customizing (haven't seen that in the decompiled code) you may as well handle the switch-over to stats screen whereby the damage log components do not disappear from screen when doing so. Just add a FULL_STATS event listener and hide flash object if true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I found the issue but also tweaking another bit to remove the dependancy on the font being installed... as the game is funny with how it handles fonts now

 :damn:

4 hours ago, juhaas said:

Was what I was thinking too.

Aslo while you customizing (haven't seen that in the decompiled code) you may as well handle the switch-over to stats screen whereby the damage log components do not disappear from screen when doing so. Just add a FULL_STATS event listener and hide flash object if true.

Not doing much customisation other than fixing stuff that is broken. I'm hoping GambitER makes a return to modding one day!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated with working version that should also be XVM compatible (even at nightly build level)

  • Various bug fixes - some of which I had not noticed before!
  • Repair display fixed for Domination/Rampage modes (if they ever return)
  • Collision display bug fixed (now should differentiate between environmental collisions and rams)
  • Font issue fixed - still requires the font to be installed for now though
  • Chat bug fixed
  • Fog of war bugfix and upgrade - now shows a 'person' icon in place of the previous ? when shot by an unknown tank

Think that's about it...

 

Working on a new version that will remove the dependancy on the font too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

@It's_Matra is it possible to put names in log?

Yesterday 2 E5 platoon, and one idiot shot me (look at noob, stat padder <1k 260... bla bla) and decide to shot me. And i hit wrong one back. 

 

Thanks

Yes it is possible but I deliberately disabled this feature for this very reason.

Don't be a dick and stoop to their level

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry to be such a dumbass, but I've tried to get this to work 4 times now. Did it the way I thought it had to be done, then actually read the directions and followed them. Can not get it to work. I usually use a mod pack that installs it all but I like your damage log and can't for the life of me figure out how to install it. Thought something might be really wrong so I installed Aslains mod pack but all those features are working. please help a computer programmer illiterate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WIKD said:

I'm sorry to be such a dumbass, but I've tried to get this to work 4 times now. Did it the way I thought it had to be done, then actually read the directions and followed them. Can not get it to work. I usually use a mod pack that installs it all but I like your damage log and can't for the life of me figure out how to install it. Thought something might be really wrong so I installed Aslains mod pack but all those features are working. please help a computer programmer illiterate.

Well as it currently stands you will have to copy the files from the 9.15.1 folder (that you downloaded) to the 9.15.1.1 folder. I will be releasing an update today to reflect the folder structure change.

Double click the included font to install it and that should be it :)

(New version with correct folder names will be available in 5 minutes)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Matra. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, did exactly as you described, but it doesn't work. I'll try again once the new version is up. I have to be missing something, just don't know what. Hopefully starting from scratch again will show me. 

On a different note, will the Aslain mod pack screw with loading this? It does have a version Gambiters hit log

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WIKD said:

Thanks Matra. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, did exactly as you described, but it doesn't work. I'll try again once the new version is up. I have to be missing something, just don't know what. Hopefully starting from scratch again will show me. 

On a different note, will the Aslain mod pack screw with loading this? It does have a version Gambiters hit log

It is up, and yes that could screw it up which is why I suggest removing your entire res_mods folder and starting again, far too much shite in Aslains pack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE FOR NA PLAYERS

You no longer need to use the NA safe options, you can use the default options without fear of getting banned. WG are implementing the equivalent of the/my 'standard settings' into the game therefore it is 100% legal.

 

SUPPORT NOTICE

As a large portion of this is going to be integrated into the game I may be discontunuing support in the near future. Time is limited for me and family life is more important than gaming life. I get nothing for modding but I get a lot of joy spending time with my little baby boy.

I will try to keep it going (as it's better looking than the proposed in-game option) but updates may become less frequent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From my point of view, the vanilla functions do not replace this.

They only show incoming damage once, but don't display it as a log/list like this mod does.

Only the total figures of damage done and damage blocked, as well as the "message" part are covered by the vanilla options if I am not mistaken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shriv3r said:

Firing souds doenst work properly with the mod. works just fine without

There are a lot of small little 'niggly' issues with 9.15.2 but if/when I have time to fix I shall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ruskies apparently found a fix overnight which MIGHT work. As my time for testing is very limited I have released a test version for you all to try out, please report any bugs/issues so that I can fix them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant download it. With Adblock Plus, I get told to turn it off. If I do, my browser loads a ton of spam. Then I get the 'you have a virus call Microsoft at this number' scam page pretending to look like Facebook like I saw when we discussed this before.

AdFly is unsafe.

For very small files like your damage log, what about a google drive, one drive, dropbox, etc?

EDIT: for the ton of material I hosted when I worked on WN8 I used Screencast.com, if you sign up there you get 2GB free space and 2GB monthly bandwidth and no ads. I used it for literally hundreds of images (still on wotlabs) and data files, etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

I cant download it. With Adblock Plus, I get told to turn it off. If I do, my browser loads a ton of spam. Then I get the 'you have a virus call Microsoft at this number' scam page pretending to look like Facebook like I saw when we discussed this before.

AdFly is unsafe.

For very small files like your damage log, what about a google drive, one drive, dropbox, etc?

EDIT: for the ton of material I hosted when I worked on WN8 I used Screencast.com, if you sign up there you get 2GB free space and 2GB monthly bandwidth and no ads. I used it for literally hundreds of images (still on wotlabs) and data files, etc

It will be shifting across to my Google Drive in the very near future, I have no issues downloading stuff from the links provided :wut: using Chrome and Adblock plus... adfly does push some shitty adverts which is why I'm moving away from it.

 

Adfly does offer some rather handy metrics and means I only have to edit one link to change the download across multiple forums - the later feature I no longer use and only posted on Wotlabs. Thus the motivation behind making it more user friendly. You also have a PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

Yes, cant type in chat with the damagelog running

Why the hell don't I have this problem :/

 

Same fix should be as before, click on the minimap or press F1 twice or other actions that refresh chat. I'll look into what it causing the issue

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back from holiday and applied what looks to be a 'quick fix' so try out the new version and let me know how you get on, should fix the chat bug (even though I didn't have the bug... korean random forums ftw!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE

I have indeed decided to discontinue support on this mod, I barely get time to actually play the game these days - let alone update and tweak multiple mods at the same time. Most of the functionality is now in-game (even if it isn't as pretty) but I have updated the first post with instructions if any of YOU want to keep this mod alive.

The last release works on 9.16 but without your gun sounds 

This has been a fun little project but sadly it now must come to an end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...