Sign in to follow this  
cheesyhoney

Wotlabs mouse grip thread

Grip  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Mouse grip

I use a lazy palm.

Loose palm grip on mouse, wrist anchored on mouse pad. To move the mouse left/right, pivot the wrist; to move up and down, use fingers to push/pull mouse.

Less than 1cm of total hand movement required to get to anywhere on the screen.

For my Razers (work and home): palm

For my tiny travel mouse: tips

palm can be so much more comfortable though.  Give it a try if you haven't yet.

I have giant hands so it's tip grip most of the time (hue).

Mionix Naos 8200 at home is the only mouse that more or less fits my hand that I've owned and I can palm grip.

Hybrid... Left side of my right palm lightly rests on the mouse and I "squeeze" the body of the device between that and the base of my thumb when moving. My finger are in a somewhat "claw" position throughout the process.

Do people with claw grips hands get tired?

I used to have my DPI high, now it's very low (600)

A lot of it depends on the kind of space you have: I have a tiny corner desk, so I can't really use low DPI settings due to lack of space to move the mouse. When I had a very small standard mouse, I was more fingertip because my hand is much bigger than said mouse.

Not sure, i can't place my hand flat over the mouse (or the desk) without raising my elbow since i broke my arm in 2006, my palm rests on the left side of the mouse and it's a mix of palm/fingertip grip.

I like palm grip, but find vertical movement taxing when doing so. I'm a fingertip guy, it might not be quite as comfortable but it takes a lot less effort to move the mouse.

Used to use the claw grip till I got my naga, now it's limp wristed palm all the way.

Having hands the size of your local yowie (Sasquatch to you 'Muricans) bigger mice help a crap load for tanks, flying in WT I swap to a smaller mouse for the claw/finger combo plus the smaller mouse has on the fly adjustable dpi so I can smooth out my actions for different planes.

Palm doesn't touch my mouse, almost all of the contact is through my fingers. For side to side movement I pivot my wrist. For up and down, I just curl/stretch my fingers. 5000dpi, hardly have to move the mouse to go anywhere on my screen.