Sign in to follow this  
Umek_RS

What's going on with Tank Inspector?

My version of TI got bugged (i could get into the app but it wont load 3D models of tanks so it's useless for tank inspection), and i tried to redownload it from their link, it kept redirecting me to a page written in Chinese (which i do not understand ofc) and by the looks of it i concluded that the download link is down.

Then i found some links on file sharing pages with the last version, extracted it, but when i try to log in, it says "Failed to connect: out_of_quota", tried with two different accounts and no luck.

What's happening with TI then, does anybody know something?

I redownloaded TI the other day (had the same problem). Seems like we may have to do so for every patch. I had no problem finding the proper link.

Having said that, looks like there's a problem with the site right now: http://tankinspector.sinaapp.com/. Some redirection maybe?

Apparently their website ran out of juice, if you had previusly logged in with it on your computer it will open (in "offline mode" lol), if not then you're out of luck

That's probably a good thing, there's no reason they make you register to use a program with zero online features, my tinfoil hat tells me they use it to phish logins/passwords for ungentlemanly purposes so use a trash password for it that you don't use anywhere else

It does have an online feature, it pulls live data from wotnews (or some site like that, cant confirm right now). Certainly not nearly enough to require a registration/login, though. Both for the program and their server's performance, the decision to do that made no sense.

I finally made it work, i had to download the latest version from http://www.worldoftanks-wot.com/mods/tank-inspector/ (since the link on the official site is down). In my curiosity i had to find out what's going on and here's the issue with the TI...

Tank Inspector 1.4.0 Released

Hi guys,

Sorry again but our server didn’t survive the tremendous network traffic and went out of quota, and actually there is a bug on our service provider side, which keeps our service hanging even after the bill is paid. Now the server is back online.

As I wrote in the last post, the developers are extremely busy working on their own stuffs, and the server pressure keeps increasing. Finally we realized that if we don’t increase our quota plan (~$15 per month, we temporarily increased it to ~$30 in recent months), there will be a monthly server halt. However, Tank Inspector don’t make money for us, although we do accept donations and can receive several bucks every month (much appreciated to the donators, it’s you who keep this program alive), it is still far from enough to handle the current traffic. On the other hand, we did have some big plans to enrich the online part, but due to resource limit, only a few of them (e.g.the Live Stats) are implemented, which diminished the overhead of requiring a connection and valid login. So we decided to drop the online part of Tank Inspector, which means:

• Neither a network connection nor an account is required to use Tank Inspector
  • Online features, like Live Stats, are removed from Tank Inspector

For some users who can’t access our server (i.e. blocked by their ISPs), this could be a good news. And for those who liked the Live Stats, we are really sorry for not being able to keep them. You can always query those stats from VBAddict, which was the data source of Live Stats.

We will keep updating Tank Inspector to ensure compatibility, and our website will keep running.

Here is the new release.

>>> GO TO DOWNLOAD PAGE <<<

• Tank Inspector is an offline program now, network connection and account are no more required
  • Live Stats feature is removed due to the offlinization

STABILITY

• Tank Inspector is now compatible with 9.10 ST client