InvictaVultis

E-25 - German premium tier VII

the key to play e-25 is to constantly tracked the opponent. then let your team mates focus fire or you can always set them on fire. 2K+ DPG is normal

Has anyone played both the SU-122-44 and the E-25?

I would really be interested in a comparison (I will dump my SP and am considering buying one of these 2 TDs instead).

I have both but trying to compare an E-25 to an SU-122-44 is like trying to compare a T71 to a T-34-1. 

Both are good but very different - the E-25 is like the T71 of TD's - fast,  sneaky, fragile,  pew pew.

The E-25 is harder to play well, but you can have a lot more fun in one when you do play well.

To he who just reported a post in this thread (I will leave you unnamed):

How is that post deserving of a report? There's nothing wrong here. Please use the report function for rule violations or shit posters only.

based on how it was worded I think the dude thought the report button would send a message to the user, not to us.

I think it's the first TD in the game that can double as an active scout.

The T49 and M18 are looking at you, puzzled. 

Any super unis bought this tank and have input on it?

Kinda wanna get it cuz it's kawaii as hell, but not sure it's actually good for 7k gold.

I don't know if I qualify as a super-unicum really, but I am at least regular flavor (I think peers have to make that judgement, not self or non-super-unis)

HOWEVER, I have input on it. See bottom of the post for full thoughts. 

Just wanted to chime in to say that this tank is so much fun! It easily equals my AMX ELC in terms of how enjoyable the tank plays. I feel they perform a very similar role as a hybrid of passive scouting and active TD-ing. My second game in it already gave me the Mastery badge as well, going for the ELC-style. I don't feel like it requires premium shells at all as well! And since I regularly empty my complete stash of shells in a good game in the E-25, I'd even go so far as to advise to not bring to many premium shells with you (=more regular shells)!

I just blindly bought the tank upon release (uncontrollable enthusiasm of having a second ELC), without ever starting the German TD line, so my crew still sucks at 85% camouflage now, without sixth sense. But fun is to be had and the money was spend well.

Are the base camouflage values of this little tank known? I feel it's not quite as good as the ELC, but I'd love to see some numbers and further optimize my safe shooting distances.

22% still, 13% moving, 8% firing. Thats as high as anything in the game on the sitting and firing values. Its got T49 camo, albeit a little worse when moving. 

I'm pretty sure I have never bounced against one.

They don't seem like a problem to me.  What is your DPG?  

My DPG is weak. Jacg is over 2k, I am at a poor 1500. I think that will rise to settle around 1750, as I grow accustomed to non-turreted play and don't get Fjords 4x in my first 12 games. 

Easily the best premium tank I've played.

I'd agree. This equals the golden era of the Type 62 (when it was a tier 7 with tier 6 LT MM : BT7-10)

Has anyone played both the SU-122-44 and the E-25?

I would really be interested in a comparison (I will dump my SP and am considering buying one of these 2 TDs instead).

Jacg has played and excelled in both. He bought the E-25 with his SP gold. He tempted me very badly and I caved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The E-25

What happens when the ELC and T49 have a baby tank who is adopted by household of StuGs ? 

Reasons this tank is awesome:

L/70 with 1.5 aim-time, 0.30 accuracy, 3 second reload

With 3 second base reload

Which turns into 3k dpm with a rammer

At tier 7

With limited MM, seeing only BT7/8

26.6 hp/ton means LT like accel and top speed

Camo values of 22% sitting, 13% moving, 8% while firing are top notch

In a tier where few tanks can see beyond 360-380m

Hill dispersion value is 0.18 which is excellent, especially with a base accuracy of 0.30

-8 degrees of gun depression

12 degrees on gun arc in either direction

Minor drawbacks:

Poor ground resistance values - get off-road driving for 2nd driver skill

Lowish HP - all mid tier TDs have to deal with this, but it has the same HP as tier 7 LTs, which have much much worse MM

No turret 

No armor

Can't platoon with anything except the warcrimes Panther/M10

Has HT MM weight (32.4 instead of 27)

Why I bought it:

Now if you've read much on this forum, you will know I freaking love LTs, but I am also I got an inkling about this tank, because the last 5 or 6 times I've run into jackquerudo/absoluteroyal/friction in pubs...its been in triple E-25 platoons. But I didn't act, because I fear non-turreted play. Almost all my TD play has been M8A1/T49 which are just LTs with good MM and slow turrets. I did a little on the FR and RU lines when I was a noob, but nothing since. 

However, yesterday jacg123 messaged me to insist I buy an E-25, because the fun factor was through the roof. I did my research, and found out most of the hard facts I listed above. The E-25 on paper has superb soft stats (except ground resistance) and excellent MM. The gun handling, camo, mobility are all superb.  

What is TD?:

The E-25 is essentially a LT, with the most excellent MM in the game. Its skill ceiling is high, like a LT, but it doesn't suffer terribad MM and being forced into the scout role or seeing a bunch of tanks that can cripple it for making 1 mistake.

Some folks won't like this tank because it doesn't have "TD pen". I understand that because TDs are often forced into frontal engagements, having high pen, on par with a HT 1 tier above, is important. This tank has pen on par with a tier 5 TD! However...its not a TD, its a LT without a turret. Because I have no habits whatsoever from playing TDs (less than 60 games), this was not a problem for me. The mobility and camo let it do LT things, and the accuracy, aim-time, low dispersion, high depression and good gun arc make up for the lack of turret. With a turret this thing would be insanely OP. 

How to equip it?:

You could literally play this thing without any equipment, and it would be good. 135 dmg * 20 rpm = 2700 dpm, which is insane at tier 7. I added a rammer to push that to 3k dpm. Tier 5 tanks will die in 5 seconds. Getting the drop on an 8 HT means you can take off half their HP before they can turn their turret. 

I added binocs and a camo net, because I was being cheap. Also Binocs on 360 view range puts you over the spotting limit (360 * 1.25 = 450 > 445), so you can see anything. Combined with your camo advantage (22% sitting, 8% firing) means you are HARD to find. In a bush I was able to DPM down a T20 from 200m. Shooting Tiger H's from 190 without being seen. I don't even have a full camo crew yet...

Ultimately, I expect I will run Optics + Rammer + Net. Having Situational Awareness and Recon would give more than enough with Optics to exploit vision advantage over anything in this MM bracket, and give the advantage of on the move spotting at over 400m. In the meantime, the binocs and camo net synergize nicely in the Hackurai T49 playstyle. 

45 AP, 15 APCR. I can see an argument for 40-20 or even 35-25, but 150 pen on this chassis is plenty. If you can't pen, relocate...its a LT! The Type 62's best games are when its in BT8, where it has vision advantage. The Type 62 has 145 pen and 2/3rds of the DPM of the E-25. If you can't relocate, then switch it APCR, 194 should do the trick, especially with 0.30 accuracy. 

Crew - 6th and camo. Get Off-road driving to help it accel better because ground resistance values are bad. Vision skills and possible Designated Target once camo is done. Don't bother with BiA. I expect everyone and their brother has a better German TD crew than I do, so I don't really think I can give much more advice here. 

Consumables - I use Large Med kit for the passive bonus. Its also common to lose both the driver and gunner. The gunner you can do without, but the driver is crucial. Normal repair. I've been running AFE, but might experiment with Chocolate or gas? I dunno, AFE is the safe bet, Chocolate is fun, but I like making big net profits each game!

How to play it?:

Like light tank, dummy. 

Passive early if there is a good bush. You can be a little more aggressive than in tier7/8 LTs because nothing in your tier can see all that far. Stay near the middle of the map when possible. Learn firing lanes. You have over 3k dpm, so try to keep your gun active. Don't take early damage, you can win games late if you've got all your HP left to spend. If sitting still, shoot anything that is over 320m away! Aim for engines and fuel tanks, because 0.30 acc lets you and you're firing constantly. Try not to waste ammo on bad shots because running out is a legitimate concern. Relocate, relocate, relocate. You have enough traverse and camo to turn and run, so turn and run when its time. Don't get suicide scouted! Stay alive to the end, and use your mobility to be where you need to be, multiplying forces with your team-mates or platoon-mates. Invisitank tier 5s and 6s while cackling to yourself. 

Conclusions:

I've had more fun in 14 games in the E-25 than I have in a long time in WoT. And my crew is bad, and I don't know how to play tanks without turrets. 

1500 dpg, 2.4 kpg, 2600 WN7 in my single session in it so far. I played horribly in at least 3 or 4 of those games due to inability to cope with no turret or the shortness of the tank (it cannot shoot out of a single window in Himmelsdorf lolololol). Jacg is running over 3k WN7 in his, because he isn't a TD newb and has like a 5 skill crew. 

Damn. Highflyer makes this td look like allot of fun.

I'll have to start playing the stug more to get used to the gun.

It would be nice if there was a discount on this soon, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

It is german, do you guys think it'll get nerfed any time soon?

rof or mobility?

I did a more extensive marked up version for the WGNA forum, because I was feeling generous. http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/284962-e-25-review-with-references/

The E-25

What happens when the ELC and T49 have a baby tank who is adopted by household of StuGs ?

e25_5_tumb_zps24003f2c.jpg

Reasons this tank is awesome:
  • L/70 with 1.5 aim-time, 0.30 accuracy, 3 second reload
  • With 3 second base reload
  • Which turns into 3k dpm with a rammer
  • At tier 7
  • With limited MM, seeing only BT7/8
  • 26.6 hp/ton means LT like accel and top speed
  • Camo values of 22% sitting, 13% moving, 8% while firing are top notch
  • In a tier where few tanks can see beyond 360-380m
  • Hill dispersion value is 0.18 which is excellent, especially with a base accuracy of 0.30
  • -8 degrees of gun depression
  • 12 degrees on gun arc in either direction

Minor drawbacks:
  • Poor ground resistance values - get off-road driving for 2nd driver skill
  • Lowish HP - all mid tier TDs have to deal with this, but it has the same HP as tier 7 LTs, which have much much worse MM
  • No turret
  • No armor
  • Can't platoon with anything except the warcrimes Panther/M10
  • Has HT MM weight (32.4 instead of 27)

Why I bought it:
Now if you've read much on these forums or WoTLabs, you might know I freaking love LTs, but I am also  I got an inkling about this tank, because the last 5 or 6 times I've run into jackquerudo/absoluteroyal/friction in pubs...its been in triple E-25 platoons. But I didn't act, because I fear non-turreted play. Almost all my TD play has been M8A1/T49 which are just LTs with good MM and slow turrets. I did a little on the FR and RU lines when I was a noob, but nothing since.

However, yesterday jacg123 messaged me to insist I buy an E-25, because the fun factor was through the roof. I did my research, and found out most of the hard facts I listed above. The E-25 on paper has superb soft stats (except ground resistance) and excellent MM. The gun handling, camo, mobility are all superb. 

What is a TD?:
The E-25 is essentially a LT, with the most excellent MM in the game. Its  high, like a LT, but it doesn't suffer terribad MM and being forced into the scout role or seeing a bunch of tanks that can cripple it for making 1 mistake.

Some folks won't like this tank because it doesn't have "TD pen". I understand that because TDs are often forced into frontal engagements, having high pen, on par with a HT 1 tier above, is important. This tank has pen on par with a tier 5 TD! However...its not a TD, its a LT without a turret. Because I have no habits whatsoever from playing TDs (less than 60 games), this was not a problem for me. The mobility and camo let it do LT things, and the accuracy, aim-time, low dispersion, high depression and good gun arc make up for the lack of turret. With a turret this thing would be insanely OP.

How to equip it?:
You could literally play this thing without any equipment, and it would be good. 135 dmg * 20 rpm = 2700 dpm, which is insane at tier 7. I added a rammer to push that to 3k dpm. Tier 5 tanks will die in 5 seconds. Getting the drop on an 8 HT means you can take off half their HP before they can turn their turret.

I added binocs and a camo net, because I was being cheap. Also Binocs on 360 view range puts you over the spotting limit (360 * 1.25 = 450 > 445), so you can see anything. Combined with yourcamo advantage(22% sitting, 8% firing) means you are HARD to find. In a bush I was able to DPM down a T20 from 200m. Shooting Tiger H's from 190m without being seen. I don't even have a full camo crew yet...

Ultimately, I expect I will run Optics + Rammer + Net. Having Situational Awareness and Recon would give more than enough with Optics to exploit vision advantage over anything in this MM bracket, and give the advantage of on the move spotting at over 400m. In the meantime, the binocs and camo net synergize nicely in the Hackurai T49 playstyle.

45 AP, 15 APCR. I can see an argument for 40-20 or even 35-25, but 150 pen on this chassis is plenty. If you can't pen, relocate...its a LT! The Type 62's best games are when its in BT8, where it has vision advantage. The Type 62 has 145 pen and 2/3rds of the DPM of the E-25. If you can't relocate, then switch it APCR, 194 should do the trick, especially with 0.30 accuracy.

Crew Skills - 6th and camo. Get Off-road driving to help it accel better because ground resistance values are bad. Vision skills and possible Designated Target once camo is done. Don't bother with BiA. I expect everyone and their brother has a better German TD crew than I do, so I don't really think I can give much more advice here.

Consumables - I use Large Med kit for the passive bonus. Its also common to lose both the driver and gunner. The gunner you can do without, but the driver is crucial. Normal repair. I've been running Auto Fire Extinguisher, but might experiment with Chocolate or gas? I dunno, AFE is the safe bet, Chocolate is fun, but I like making big net profits each game!

How to play it?:
Like light tank, dummy.

Passive early if there is a good bush. You can be a little more aggressive than in tier7/8 LTs because nothing in your tier can see all that far. Stay near the middle of the map when possible.  You have over 3k dpm, so try to keep your gun active. Don't take early damage, you can win games late if you've got all your HP left to spend. If sitting still, shoot anything that is over 320m away! Aim for engines and fuel tanks, because 0.30 acc lets you and you're firing constantly. Try not to waste ammo on bad shots because running out is a legitimate concern. Relocate, relocate, relocate. You have enough traverse and camo to turn and run, so turn and run when its time. Don't get suicide scouted! Stay alive to the end, and use your mobility to be where you need to be, multiplying forces with your team-mates or platoon-mates. Invisitank tier 5s and 6s while cackling
to yourself.

Qualifications:
1500 dpg, 2.4 kpg, 2600 WN7 in my single session in it so far. I played horribly in at least 3 or 4 of those games due to inability to cope with no turret or the shortness of the tank (it cannot shoot out of a single window in Himmelsdorf lolololol). Jacg is running over 3k WN7 in his, because he isn't a TD newb and has like a 5 skill crew.

Conclusions:
I've had more fun in 14 gamesin the E-25 than I have in a long time in WoT. And my crew is bad, and I don't know how to play tanks without turrets. Hopefully you learned something from this review, or from the extensive mark-up and referencing I tried to include. The original post was on  If you're new and reading thing, hopefully you can take the time to explore all the links, and learn just how deep and fun this game is! 

Brilliant post Crab. This tank has been on my to-buy list as soon as I have enough gold from tournaments.

As for the nerf question, its stats on RU are pretty middle-of-the-road, so I doubt it'll get nerfed. SerB doesn't like touching premiums.

I'll be buying this tank as soon as it goes on sale.  Could be a while with the way WGNA runs discounts these days.  I've been waiting to buy the Excelsior on discount since it came out months ago.

Anyways, I generally suck at turretless TDs, but since I can play a light tank respectably I think I'll be able to handle this one pretty well.

I'll be buying this tank as soon as it goes on sale.  Could be a while with the way WGNA runs discounts these days.  I've been waiting to buy the Excelsior on discount since it came out months ago.

Anyways, I generally suck at turretless TDs, but since I can play a light tank respectably I think I'll be able to handle this one pretty well.

As noted in above, I literally have no meaningful experience in turret-less TDs, but since it swings well and depresses far and aims fast with little penalty for whiffing a shot, the gun makes it pretty easy on the user. 

As I posted on WOTNA:

The 0.3 accuracy is tied for the best in game, and the accuracy/aim time combination is also best in-game (tied with the 20 pounder Type B on the Tortoise)

The camo while sitting and firing is third-best in game, after the UE57 and Alecto.

Agreed that this is a foolish tank.

65.3% WinRate

2804 WN7

2052 Avg Damage

Virtually all solo pubs, any platoons with other 7s have oddly put me in Tier9 battles exclusively - as you can imagine thats not much fun.

But like you Crab I am not a TD player, having only really played the turreted American line, and muddling up the french line.  So yes, playing this tank was quite an adjustment.

If anyone is interested I would love to try this in a platoon as I have never platooned with a pref 7 tank before.

Agreed that this is a foolish tank.

65.3% WinRate

2804 WN7

2052 Avg Damage

Virtually all solo pubs, any platoons with other 7s have oddly put me in Tier9 battles exclusively - as you can imagine thats not much fun.

But like you Crab I am not a TD player, having only really played the turreted American line, and muddling up the french line.  So yes, playing this tank was quite an adjustment.

If anyone is interested I would love to try this in a platoon as I have never platooned with a pref 7 tank before.

I bought the Panther/M10 this weekend just so I can get tier 7 pref mm. Small sample size, but I am not loving that tank. Maybe I should just break down and get the E-25.

I've platooned double 25 and a warcrimes panther before.

It's pretty much full yolo mode as the 2 e25s run loops around the panther laughing at it.

Almost gotten a crucial doing the legit lakeville encounter double 25+ warcrimes panther valley rush.

A 48% WR scrub like me can make this tank work then the good players can easily clean up.

I don't have my detailed stats right now but 53% WR in E25 after 134 battles.

Looks like a few wishes will be granted.  As of tomorrow (the 27th),  the E-25 will be part of the Change of Pace bundle #2.  Gives the E-25, a garage slot, and 280k credits for USD 31.49.  Even though I am not past Tier 5 yet, I'm seriously considering buying it so that I can play it later.

Looks like a few wishes will be granted.  As of tomorrow (the 27th),  the E-25 will be part of the Change of Pace bundle #2.  Gives the E-25, a garage slot, and 280k credits for USD 31.49.  Even though I am not past Tier 5 yet, I'm seriously considering buying it so that I can play it later.

Please don't, we need to punish WG for their shitty gift shop bundles.

It's less than $27 of gold normally, a garage slot is slightly over a dollar, and 280k isn't really worth $3.50 especially with the credits you'll make on the E-25. It's a better deal than they normally post up, almost worth its gold equivalent, but not quite.

Also don't promote WG's bad gift shop practices they need to learn to give better ones.

It's less than $27 of gold normally, a garage slot is slightly over a dollar, and 280k isn't really worth $3.50 especially with the credits you'll make on the E-25. It's a better deal than they normally post up, almost worth its gold equivalent, but not quite.

Also don't promote WG's bad gift shop practices they need to learn to give better ones.

I love how the SU-122-44 is half off and they're selling it for $30+.