InvictaVultis

E-25 - German premium tier VII

I've seen a bunch of people on this thread say they don't have a good crew for this tank ...

FYI - YOU CAN USE ANY GERMAN TD CREW MEMBERS IN THE APPROPRIATE SLOT WITHOUT PENALTY

I've seen a bunch of people on this thread say they don't have a good crew for this tank ...

FYI - YOU CAN USE ANY GERMAN TD CREW MEMBERS IN THE APPROPRIATE SLOT WITHOUT PENALTY

Or, you know, we don't have a good crew for it because we don't have a German TD crew. Mine got converted to something else after I finished the JP II, neither the Jagdtiger nor J-100 hold any interest for me. Additionally, given the vehicle is effectively a light tank, it's quite plausible that purchasers may simply have never driven German TDs, given the virtually nonexistent overlap between how they and how light tanks drive.

I got it on sale and basically will be platooning with it exclusively. I really enjoy it; basically a tier-VII T49 without a turret.

I do feel it's carrying ability is very, very map dependant. I don't like being top-tier on a city map where the enemy has a T29 across from me... Some victories I end up working very, very hard for.

Just one question; what does it feel like to get focused fired upon by 3 E-25s?

I got it on sale and basically will be platooning with it exclusively. I really enjoy it; basically a tier-VII T49 without a turret.

I do feel it's carrying ability is very, very map dependant. I don't like being top-tier on a city map where the enemy has a T29 across from me... Some victories I end up working very, very hard for.

Just one question; what does it feel like to get focused fired upon by 3 E-25s?

B9KF05s.gif

I'd have picked this up but I have misgivings about the ammo count and pen. Also I'm super terrible at TDs.

I'd have picked this up but I have misgivings about the ammo count and pen. Also I'm super terrible at TDs.

Picard can get so angry. "The line must be drawn here!"

Anywho... You can fire all your ammo easily. It IS NOT a TD that sits in normal lanes and tries to penetrate head-on. I was in VIIIs the other day and an ENTIRE 3-man E-25 platoon exhausted almost all of their ammo on my buddy's Tiger II... Use your speed to get into flanking sniping positions... Then use your speed to go away.

I really plays like a light...

That ROF, though. 3 of us sat in a great spot on campinovka and just melted the enemy as they tried to climb the hill. I mean, ~300 damage every 2-3 seconds...

Ammo count can be problematic. Penetrating sometimes so, don't try to kill a KV-4 from 650 meters. Also, don't think of it as a TD. Yes, it's classed as one. Yes, you don't get light tank mobile camo, but it really is just a light tank without a turret (but better matchmaking). Above all, don't be afraid to run the hell away if the situation calls for it. Rarely will you win stand up fights without expending an unacceptable amount of HP, and you certainly don't have the per-shot damage to play corner games with people. Use your mobility to attack from unexpected angles, and on the maps that don't allow for it...well, sell yourself as dearly as possible.

Or, you know, we don't have a good crew for it because we don't have a German TD crew. Mine got converted to something else after I finished the JP II, neither the Jagdtiger nor J-100 hold any interest for me. Additionally, given the vehicle is effectively a light tank, it's quite plausible that purchasers may simply have never driven German TDs, given the virtually nonexistent overlap between how they and how light tanks drive.

True ... but there are persons out there who don't realize that you can use any crew on a Premium Tanks as long as it is same nation and class.

I posted this for their benefit

Also got one yesterday. Just played one battle so far, but I'm impressed by the camo and the speed of this little bugger. It for sure plays not like a regular TD and it offers some unique possiblities and also has its drawbacks. I had El Halluf quite a few times yesterday (with other tanks) and I was asking myself, where would I go with the E-25. Do you have any advice on this map with this tank? There are just few bushes and not many routes you can take.

-gig

Also got one yesterday. Just played one battle so far, but I'm impressed by the camo and the speed of this little bugger. It for sure plays not like a regular TD and it offers some unique possiblities and also has its drawbacks. I had El Halluf quite a few times yesterday (with other tanks) and I was asking myself, where would I go with the E-25. Do you have any advice on this map with this tank? There are just few bushes and not many routes you can take.

-gig

Don't forget... It's ROF is bonkers. Stay out of sight, wait for a target to unload, then turn a corner and put 2 or 3 rounds into it. Run away...

Early game on maps with little cover I try and stay out of VIEW range.

City maps are really hit or miss... You can act as an active scout and really out DPM almost anything on the map. Find arty or other soft targets with limited traverse and go to town.

...then run away... Always run away.

Ok, this isnt fair. I keep trying to ram these things and nothing happens. Turns out they are 27 tons. What the hell? For comparison, the Hetzer, despite being bigger and better armored, is only 16 tons. Where does the extra 10 tons come from, the credit printer?

IMHO they need to reduce the weight (and engine power). This thing should get murdered in rams.

going to pick one up for my EU account, I have aborted NA due to bad habits, and would be looking for a willing toon mate. Also, amazing carry strana, you have me in suspense, joy, and awe.

Ok, this isnt fair. I keep trying to ram these things and nothing happens. Turns out they are 27 tons. What the hell? For comparison, the Hetzer, despite being bigger and better armored, is only 16 tons. Where does the extra 10 tons come from, the credit printer?

IMHO they need to reduce the weight (and engine power). This thing should get murdered in rams.

Hetzer's only armor advantage is 10mm frontal, the sides of the E-25 are 150% the thickness of the Hetzer's, the rear 375%, and the roof 250%. Also keep in mind the E-25's engine is 2.4x as heavy, suspension 3.6x (I'm not sure what kind of suspension the E-25 would've used, but the Hetzer had leaf springs, which are relatively light), and so on.

I won't pretend to know how much weight that would add up to in the real world, but it certainly seems plausible that it would weigh notably more, weight of armor adds up very quickly.

B9KF05s.gif

You should pick it up if you get the chance, even if it is only because of having a pref MM T7.  And yeah, platoons of them really are a joy, people always start reversing and forget about aiming when they are receiving a penetrating hit every second or so.

When platooning, this is tank is a whole new world of fun to play. You and your mates can dart around clicking on things and filling them with holes.

I think my platoon mate and I got accused of hacking twice last night.

When platooning, this is tank is a whole new world of fun to play. You and your mates can dart around clicking on things and filling them with holes.

I think my platoon mate and I got accused of hacking twice last night.

Yeah, had several games with it today and got my WR up from 79% back to 81%. :)

Anyone on EU still considering buying this tank, IT'S ON 30% DISCOUNT !

Guess it will only be for today though...

Tito

My stats in it thus far, I bought it this morning and played it all day hahaha

Played it 90% solo and only managed 64% wins even with 2k dpg and over 2 kills average, it seemed like my teams were evaporating so fast today.

shot_073_zpsd7efc18e.jpg

shot_074_zpsbc1f3df9.jpg

Great little tank,I'm using it to train my Ferdi crew,so far 3rd skill on 45 percent.

I'm only playing it last few days. And it seems I'll be playing it the whole holidays.

I'm using it to train my Ferdi crew,so far 3rd skill on 45 percent.

So you either have camo on a Ferdinand, or no camo on a E25...?

Not optimal.

I keep 2 German TD crews, each dedicated to camo and non-camo vehicles.

Come to think of it, I have a third just reaching 1st skill on the new TD line as well (all camo + 6th sense retrain), trained up in the Dicker Max and Marder 38t.

The E25 is not an ideal crew trainer really imo. You really need to have camo and 6th sense already to really make it shine, cfr. the SU122-44.

Tito

To quote Claptrap from Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragons Keep:

"Mad I say, maaaad!"

Would love to have a platoon of 3 of those but none of my friends have it...

So you either have camo on a Ferdinand, or no camo on a E25...?

Not optimal.

I keep 2 German TD crews, each dedicated to camo and non-camo vehicles.

Come to think of it, I have a third just reaching 1st skill on the new TD line as well (all camo + 6th sense retrain), trained up in the Dicker Max and Marder 38t.

The E25 is not an ideal crew trainer really imo. You really need to have camo and 6th sense already to really make it shine, cfr. the SU122-44.

Tito

Here is my current setup:

Commander:SS,Camo,Recon

Gunner:Camo,Deadeye,Repair

Driver:Camo,Clutch breaking,Offroad driving

Loader:Camo,Safe Stowage,Repair

And yes i know it's not a good setup for Ferdi,but I'm gonna play E-25 all over holiday purely because the impending siema train on the servers,just to avoid getting frustrated.

This is actually a tank that i REALLY enjoy to play.

But when I'm gonna use them on Ferdi,I'm up for no debating,I'll buy gold and do the gold retrain.Tho my WR is ATM 48 percent purely because it is team dependant.

EDIT: What a loss  not long ago.

Defeat! Mines 17.12.2013. 18:01:06 E 25 Experience received: 1.896 Credits received 81.172 Battle Achievements Top Gun

http://wotreplays.com/site/486462#mines-dewil23cro-e-25

Just shows how team dependat it is.

Tho i maybe made a mistake of staying on the island and not making it for the middle.

Anyone on EU still considering buying this tank, IT'S ON 30% DISCOUNT !

Guess it will only be for today though...

Tito

Again same story: http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/46/winter-surprise-calendar/

30% discount on E25 for today.

Tito

Just picked this baby up last night for my first set of 8.10 games. Despite low FPS from trying to optimize graphics and the new mods, this thing was a little terror on the field. Definitely a keeper for its unique playstyle.  Pen is fine for most of the 6s/7s you see. Have to gold-up for the KV-5 sides from 300 yds though.  Running rammer, camo, binocs (following Jacq's recommendation). This almost guaranteed vision control in the late game. Thought about optics to move the 360m-->~400m, but figured binocs could provide solid, passive scouting and shots at draw, especially in the mid/late game. 

Anyone credit grinding who wants to toon these up or run pref 8s with me this weekend, sing out. That dpm of ~400 above the jagdpanther is saucy. Definitely a top contender in the fun category

Also, that .30 accuracy is nasty. Only problem is that being so low to the ground makes cupolas hard to see...