Fiaura The Tank Girl

Elite: Dangerous - Anyone Out there?

3 hours ago, Unavailebow said:

If you check the canonn spreadsheet they have all the info about what types they are, and what will they get, which obelisk is active so on, also site map to correlate the info. FSD booster is relatively easy I think? Don't need any of the pattern data is a gift. I was trying to get all the required 114 Epsilon pattern because I want to unlock everything including 3 close to useless fighters. I don't pay particular attention on Palin cuz currently I don't feel the need of going very quickly (?) More jump range? Always welcome, just looking at my 17Ly Vette makes me want ask FD to let me stack guardian boosters.

I have G3 Dirty Drag Drives on my Chieftain at the moment and I really want G5 for some reason, not to mention I have a couple fun builds of cheap ships that kinda need them.

It was my mistake just jumping headfirst into Guardian stuff.  Found the location in the Codex, figured I'd just go and see what module it gives, turns out I needed something else from somewhere else first.  Oh well.

I ended up going back to Exigeous's youtube video, copying down the location of the site he went to, went there, found a DBX parked there doing nothing, and just ran through the site doing what I needed.  No Sentinels, maybe he had killed them all?  Got what I needed but there were very few destructible panels to get.

Kinda got frustrated and annoyed, and since I was already 1k LY out I just headed out in the opposite direction from home.  I was gonna wait to get the FSD booster before doing Palin's 5k LY deal, but said fuck it last night and just headed out.  Might not have been the best decision, since I wasn't and am still not in the mood for an exploration trip, and I'm not really taking my time as such and seeing the sights, I'm just jumping, scanning any metal rich bodies, high metal content planets, water worlds, and ELWs, and then jumping again.  Might be a recipe for getting burned out of the whole exploration deal by turning it into a grind for now, but it is what it is.

I have to say, as much as I enjoy this game, I really didn't enjoy the Guardian site at all, despite it being easy.  There's no actual ramp up to the dais where you access the computer thing, so you kinda have to hop your SRV up there with the thrusters, which seems kinda stupid; it turns the site into some sort of platformer, and that seems a little cheesy.  Different strokes for different folks, but it seems like an un-fun time sink grind to me.

Unfortunately whenever I decided to turn my sights to Thargoids I'll probably have to do it some more.

7 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

I have G3 Dirty Drag Drives on my Chieftain at the moment and I really want G5 for some reason, not to mention I have a couple fun builds of cheap ships that kinda need them.

It was my mistake just jumping headfirst into Guardian stuff.  Found the location in the Codex, figured I'd just go and see what module it gives, turns out I needed something else from somewhere else first.  Oh well.

I ended up going back to Exigeous's youtube video, copying down the location of the site he went to, went there, found a DBX parked there doing nothing, and just ran through the site doing what I needed.  No Sentinels, maybe he had killed them all?  Got what I needed but there were very few destructible panels to get.

Kinda got frustrated and annoyed, and since I was already 1k LY out I just headed out in the opposite direction from home.  I was gonna wait to get the FSD booster before doing Palin's 5k LY deal, but said fuck it last night and just headed out.  Might not have been the best decision, since I wasn't and am still not in the mood for an exploration trip, and I'm not really taking my time as such and seeing the sights, I'm just jumping, scanning any metal rich bodies, high metal content planets, water worlds, and ELWs, and then jumping again.  Might be a recipe for getting burned out of the whole exploration deal by turning it into a grind for now, but it is what it is.

I have to say, as much as I enjoy this game, I really didn't enjoy the Guardian site at all, despite it being easy.  There's no actual ramp up to the dais where you access the computer thing, so you kinda have to hop your SRV up there with the thrusters, which seems kinda stupid; it turns the site into some sort of platformer, and that seems a little cheesy.  Different strokes for different folks, but it seems like an un-fun time sink grind to me.

Unfortunately whenever I decided to turn my sights to Thargoids I'll probably have to do it some more.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uVmIjZMYC0DOjHYgWsuvJefdocLK-7iZl1Q81JlQ3es/edit#gid=1924304618

https://imgur.com/a/GWQ4w

I always do research before I head out, because the forerunners did all those for good sake. Also I don't go open, relog to another instance everything will be back, again, the drop will not change its location as well as item required to open an obelisk. Also if I go Guardian scavenge I don't do any exploration in between, finish the job and head back.

About going up to the alter, it depends on how high the gravity you are at, my ideal G would be somewhere between 0.20 - 0.50, lower than that are very jumpy, higher than not enough thrust. But anything 0.2 you can probably do very long jumps by shooting yourself up from a tiny slope, which can be handy. It is more of a traditional grind, repeat and so on. This is why I would rather re-log hundreds time, simply not willing to stay in there for no benefit.

Maybe the only reason for me to Dirty 5 is a 489m/s Cutter :triggered:

@FlorbFnarb

Forgot to give you the handy systems. These two systems are close to each other.

Module BP will be SYNUEFE PX-J C25-8 7A, Turtle

D07 obelisk only requires items onsite (maybe not for everybody, need clarification), recommend approach from up slope facing BD, alter to the right. No sunlight. 0.14G. System Pristine reserve, its twin planet has 2.7% Arsenic.

Weapon BP will be SYNUEFE GV-T B50-4 B1, Bear

Good Lord, if you've never put Enhanced Thrusters on a ship, I recommend you do so ASAP.

10 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Good Lord, if you've never put Enhanced Thrusters on a ship, I recommend you do so ASAP.

Only up to Class 3. 640m/s is no joke, capped tho.

3 hours ago, Unavailebow said:

Only up to Class 3. 640m/s is no joke, capped tho.

Yeah, pretty zoomy.  I have a Hauler that I use as a personal car because it's cheap to transfer, and I slapped some Enhanced thrusters on it for fun, and even with just G1 Dirty on it, it's really zoomy.

However, don't be me.

Do not:

1. Get a Hauler

2. Put 2A Enhanced Thrusters on it

3. Engineer the thrusters to be Dirty

4. Have LOOOOOOOADS of fun boosting

5. Put four pips in ENG

6. Boost towards your hyperspace trajectory

7. Charge the FSD while at full boost velocity

8. End up at 100% heat in hyperspace

9. Pop out in the environs of a star while already at 100%

The COVAS starts sounding extra-constipated when you do that.

13 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Yeah, pretty zoomy.  I have a Hauler that I use as a personal car because it's cheap to transfer, and I slapped some Enhanced thrusters on it for fun, and even with just G1 Dirty on it, it's really zoomy.

However, don't be me.

Do not:

1. Get a Hauler

2. Put 2A Enhanced Thrusters on it

3. Engineer the thrusters to be Dirty

4. Have LOOOOOOOADS of fun boosting

5. Put four pips in ENG

6. Boost towards your hyperspace trajectory

7. Charge the FSD while at full boost velocity

8. End up at 100% heat in hyperspace

9. Pop out in the environs of a star while already at 100%

The COVAS starts sounding extra-constipated when you do that.

It appeared to be you entered hyperspace from a planet surface with flight assist using all non-main thrusters trying to fight gravitational pull.

16 hours ago, Unavailebow said:

It appeared to be you entered hyperspace from a planet surface with flight assist using all non-main thrusters trying to fight gravitational pull.

Oh, I just pulled a Yeager, and got a little cooked, but you're damned right I'm a man so I came through it just fine.  :awyeah:

14 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Oh, I just pulled a Yeager, and got a little cooked, but you're damned right I'm a man so I came through it just fine.  :awyeah:

That is because a lot of power was demanded by non-main thrusters to maintain orientation and altitude, thrusters facing the ground will always fire. Face the trajectory with FA-off or charge FSD while pointing directly upward should get rid of those excessive heat.

8 hours ago, Unavailebow said:

That is because a lot of power was demanded by non-main thrusters to maintain orientation and altitude, thrusters facing the ground will always fire. Face the trajectory with FA-off or charge FSD while pointing directly upward should get rid of those excessive heat.

Oh, I was pointed straight up if I remember right.  I think the thing just runs super-hot the way I have it built.

Or maybe not.  I'll have to try it again.

It is about time I started learning how to do FA-off though.  I haven't touched that yet.

17 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Oh, I was pointed straight up if I remember right.  I think the thing just runs super-hot the way I have it built.

Or maybe not.  I'll have to try it again.

It is about time I started learning how to do FA-off though.  I haven't touched that yet.

Its super easy for me cuz I run a Naga with all thumb buttons bound with something, logically even more convenient than a HOTAS unless running dual stick, I just drift and fly backwards with FA-off mostly in larger ships, minimising profile and continuously firing. AI recently has been stupid enough to ram my ships and get stuck at close proximity, also having a large bi-weave didn't feel hurting when ramming something slightly heavier hull mass.

8 hours ago, Unavailebow said:

Its super easy for me cuz I run a Naga with all thumb buttons bound with something, logically even more convenient than a HOTAS unless running dual stick, I just drift and fly backwards with FA-off mostly in larger ships, minimising profile and continuously firing. AI recently has been stupid enough to ram my ships and get stuck at close proximity, also having a large bi-weave didn't feel hurting when ramming something slightly heavier hull mass.

I'm using my old Saitek X45, just grabbed it out of storage yesterday and hooked it up.

yqRJvJv.jpg

It feels totally different than the Xbox controller I was using and I'm having to relearn the game all over again.

I made the mistake of jumping into my Python to test it out before I realized I needed to calibrate the thing (been a while since I hooked up a joystick) and I started spinning fast as hell.  Ended up blowing up in the station because I was too stupid to just unplug it, now I'm out the 5 mil rebuy and I got sent to a penal station somewhere.  Why do I have to calibrate my joystick, yet my Xbox controller is plug and play, works right out the box?

I'm actually thinking of picking up Voice Attack and using that as well.

Turns out Voice Attack is pretty sweet.  You can use the free version which gives you one profile with 20 commands, and the full version is only $10.

Flight assist off lets you pull some awesome stunts (in everything except a Cutter anyways). Small ships become amazing when FA-off and dirty drive modded. Anacondas and Corvettes become very similar in maneuverability to ships much smaller, the Corvette more so but the Conda is no slouch.

Corvette has more turning power, Conda has more stability, Cutter is for perma boost drift and requires more technique for constantly switching between FA on/off, or just drift backwards at 400 tanking whatever on the hud. Also has stronger yaw, turns better diagonally and can run away from anything if it must. Not so much in the Battle Cattle... :eww:

As for why do calibrate joystick, same reason you calibrate any other input axis, because these controllers offer much larger modulation and control, and not all are forcing default positions, off-centre is more likely to occur if not stored properly.

I just won a ship in a game of sabacc: the Aeon Hawk.  She's the ship that made the Robigo Run in less than twelve parsecs.  I've outrun Imperial cutters, not the local bulk-cruisers, mind you. I'm talking about the big Gutamaya ships now.  She'll make point five past hyperspace. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

nslOJe3.png

Now I just need to get to work flying totally legitimate cargoes and definitely not contraband or people evading the law.

11 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

I just won a ship in a game of sabacc: the Aeon Hawk.  She's the ship that made the Robigo Run in less than twelve parsecs.  I've outrun Imperial cutters, not the local bulk-cruisers, mind you. I'm talking about the big Gutamaya ships now.  She'll make point five past hyperspace. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

nslOJe3.png

Now I just need to get to work flying totally legitimate cargoes and definitely not contraband or people evading the law.

My sincere apology for my inappropriation of not learning to differentiate Krait Mk.II and Krait Phantom through visual features with a sole exception of the distinctive main thruster, please kindly inform, Commander.

2 hours ago, Unavailebow said:

My sincere apology for my inappropriation of not learning to differentiate Krait Mk.II and Krait Phantom through visual features with a sole exception of the distinctive main thruster, please kindly inform, Commander.

I don't have a Phantom, so I honestly couldn't say what else distinguishes them.  I think that the cockpit canopy is a bit different because the Phantom only has a single copilot and I don't think they get the panoramic view that the copilots on the Mk II do.  Other than that I couldn't say what distinguishes them.  Well, the stock paint is different: this is the stock paint for the Mk II and the Phantom has a silver-gray paint scheme with some red markings.

12 hours ago, Never said:

I'm part of this now. Holy shit this game is fun.

I KNOW.

Are you on PC?

14 hours ago, Never said:

I'm part of this now. Holy shit this game is fun.

Also, my go-to description for ED is "this is the Star Wars game we're never gonna get."

I'm currently smuggling by zooming into ports at 200 and up.  :dealdog:

20 minutes ago, Never said:

Yep, on PC! Just got a second Asp X to outfit for mining.

Sweet.  What's your username in the game?  Mine is Hal Quartermain.  I wanted something that sounded like a pulp SF hero.

I have way too many videos of asteroids exploding.  It's a very satisfying way to make money, really.