Fiaura The Tank Girl

Elite: Dangerous - Anyone Out there?

12 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

You're right that trading is the only way to get some things, at least in reasonable quantities.  I'm just saying it has a cost that makes some G1/2 mats effectively G4/5 compared to other lines, and some G4/5 mats the equivalent of a theoretical G6/7.

Hell, there are some lines where I have very few G1 and more G3 in the same line.

True. Pharmaceutical Isolators are impossible to trade for. It's always something like six G5 mats for one isolator.

10 minutes ago, Never said:

True. Pharmaceutical Isolators are impossible to trade for. It's always something like six G5 mats for one isolator.

Fortunately, the flip side of that is that they're used for almost nothing.  G5 Dirty Drives is basically it, so you might need something like six total for each ship you intend to get to G5 Dirty Drives, and most people only have a couple that they manage that with.

Alright, I'm officially in love with this ship. It's my new "multipurpose" ship I use to gather mats and just move around in general. It's my daily driver, if you will.

It's a beast, does everything I need and does it damn well. Well armed, well protected, good jump range, stupidly high speed / maneuverability, packs a bunch of utility... And I barely got started engineering it.

Highly recommend the Mk II as a multipurpose ship.

7 hours ago, Never said:

Alright, I'm officially in love with this ship. It's my new "multipurpose" ship I use to gather mats and just move around in general. It's my daily driver, if you will.

It's a beast, does everything I need and does it damn well. Well armed, well protected, good jump range, stupidly high speed / maneuverability, packs a bunch of utility... And I barely got started engineering it.

Highly recommend the Mk II as a multipurpose ship.

It's replaced my AspX for sure as a multirole ship.  I use it for missions.  Only missions I pull out another ship is if there's a cargo load too big for the Krait I grab the Python, and for assassinating pirate lords or slaughtering pirates in general, I use the Chieftain.  The Krait does about 95% of the missions though.

Still the fastest ship I own, although the Vulture might soon pass it, and it sounds like a muscle car when I run the engines up.

FYI, I've been looking to stop using this username in other games since I found out I've been doxxed under it. I sent in a support ticket and Frontier was kind enough to change my CMDR name. I'm now CMDR Joels.

2 hours ago, Never said:

FYI, I've been looking to stop using this username in other games since I found out I've been doxxed under it. I sent in a support ticket and Frontier was kind enough to change my CMDR name. I'm now CMDR Joels.

How did you get doxxed by use of that username?  Just because your real name is known here?  Did they stuff like your home address and everything?

People are nuts. Doxxing is illegal in the states; alert the proper authorities if it seems to be somebody doing it in the U.S.

2 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

How did you get doxxed by use of that username?  Just because your real name is known here?  Did they stuff like your home address and everything?

People are nuts. Doxxing is illegal in the states; alert the proper authorities if it seems to be somebody doing it in the U.S.

They weren't stupid enough to go that far. It was that wonderful blog dedicated to shitting on everyone even remotely connected to World of Tanks. They just posted my name and a few of my social media profiles.

To be fair, I don't care much about my real name being out there. I just rather not give it more publicity, because I know you can get at least a part of my address if you dig enough. I don't think anyone cares enough to do it though.

1 minute ago, Never said:

They weren't stupid enough to go that far. It was that wonderful blog dedicated to shitting on everyone even remotely connected to World of Tanks. They just posted my name and a few of my social media profiles.

Oh shit.  The one with Vlad and that crowd?  *Never* sign on at that place.  They had that deal where you sign in with your WoT username, and it takes you to the WG site for validation.  Seemed to be the usual deal, so I thought nothing of it.  Posted a couple things laughing at them because they literally had videos and articles bitching about me personally, somehow, which was doubly hilarious because I'm not anybody in the world of WoT and never was, apart from being "that guy that used to post a lot at the official forums."

Didn't play WoT for about a month, and logged in to find a couple of my tanks sold, including one premium tank and the E 100, my recent WR and WN8 tanked, plus several posts made under my username at the official forums.  Deleted the bogus forum posts, filed a ticket with WG letting them know about that blog and their forum, and got the premium tank restored.

If I were more internet-savvy and actually cared, I'd have found some legal recourse, but I said fuck it and just laughed at them for it.

1 minute ago, Never said:

To be fair, I don't care much about my real name being out there. I just rather not give it more publicity, because I know you can get at least a part of my address if you dig enough. I don't think anyone cares enough to do it though.

Don't underestimate the salty sorts.  I've observed this sort of thing in various entertainment industries, from video games to comics to fantasy role playing gaming, and there's idiots out there that will get serious about it.  An indie comics publisher recently got swatted, and it all started because he retweeted somebody about a year ago.  I'm nobody and I still work to keep my real name 100% separate from this username because of people like that...and as the creator of Wotlabs, you never know what asshat baddie is gonna carry a grudge against you personally.

Comes with the territory :P But yeah, I'd rather keep this identity contained to WoT and use others elsewhere, just to be safe.

In other news, I just made Post Commander. Soon™ I shall have my Corvette!

Just now, Never said:

Comes with the territory :P But yeah, I'd rather keep this identity contained to WoT and use others elsewhere, just to be safe.

So much for my idea you should carve out a new section here and call it EDlabs!  :awyeah:

Just now, Never said:

I thought I was advancing swiftly, but you're leaving me in your dust.  I still bet the Daisy Duke could take your Corvette though.  :trump:

3 hours ago, Never said:

Better dead than Fed.

I wish the next QoL update includes a way to vent passengers into space or kick them out back into the burning hell hole. Swear to god, some of these fuckers don't even manage to get to their seats before deciding that they just HAVE to send me a message to let me know just how much in a hurry they are. Nevermind the fact that I still have 130 seats open for people to evacuate, MISTER IMPORTANT HAS PLACES TO BE.

2 minutes ago, Never said:

Well, technically we are speaking at my workplace :P

Not to pry into your personal business, but surely the few ads displayed here aren't actually putting a roof over your head?

I mean, if it is a significant source of income, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to try and attract some of the Elite crowd here.

15 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Not to pry into your personal business, but surely the few ads displayed here aren't actually putting a roof over your head?

I mean, if it is a significant source of income, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to try and attract some of the Elite crowd here.

Brazil has considerably lower costs of living compared to the US. With a US minimum wage, you'd be easily able to rent a decent sized apartment (over 1000 ft²) in a medium-large city (downtown) with high speed internet and all the attached costs (electricity, water, etc...), food for the month, gas for your car, private health care (although we have universal health care, so it's not an absolute requirement. It's much better though) and still have around 1/3 of your income left over for whatever you want.

2 minutes ago, Never said:

Brazil has considerably lower costs of living compared to the US. With a US minimum wage, you'd be easily able to rent a decent sized apartment (over 1000 ft²) in a medium-large city (downtown) with high speed internet and all the attached costs (electricity, water, etc...), food for the month, gas for your car, private health care (although we have universal health insurance, so it's not an absolute requirement. It's much better though) and still have around 1/3 of your income left over for whatever you want.

Be right back, learning Portuguese... 

Just now, FlorbFnarb said:

Be right back, learning Portuguese... 

Although beware of the caveats, especially if you're into tech and gadgets. Brazil has some of the highest import taxes in the world. Our electronics usually cost twice as much as they do in the US. You'd have to pay an entire month's salary to buy a good gaming rig.

4 minutes ago, Never said:

Although beware of the caveats, especially if you're into tech and gadgets. Brazil has some of the highest import taxes in the world. Our electronics usually cost twice as much as they do in the US. You'd have to pay an entire month's salary to buy a good gaming rig.

Always a catch!  Are import tariffs a significant part of the Brazilian government’s revenue?

5 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Always a catch!  Are import tariffs a significant part of the Brazilian government’s revenue?

Nope. It was basically an attempt to protect the national industry (which barely exists) from evil foreign competition.

Thankfully our new president, for all his flaws, recognizes how much damage protectionism causes to the economy and is looking to greatly reduce taxes and bureaucracy for foreign companies to start operating on Brazil. A few years back IKEA gave up opening a store in Brazil because of the bureaucracy. We only got Amazon last year.

12 minutes ago, Never said:

Nope. It was basically an attempt to protect the national industry (which barely exists) from evil foreign competition.

Thankfully our new president, for all his flaws, recognizes how much damage protectionism causes to the economy and is looking to greatly reduce taxes and bureaucracy for foreign companies to start operating on Brazil. A few years back IKEA gave up opening a store in Brazil because of the bureaucracy. We only got Amazon last year.

Protectionism gives me a migraine.  The economic arguments defending it are just awful.  

Welp, bought my Vette. Thankfully I could port over all the core internals and most other modules from the Anaconda. Now I'm debating whether I should dump a VERY large chunk of cash into Reactive Surface Composite bulkheads or go for something cheaper. Any ideas?