Fiaura The Tank Girl

Elite: Dangerous - Anyone Out there?

Is it normal for FDev to be so silent on upcoming patches? I don't think I've ever played an online game where there has been such a long radio silence regarding upcoming stuff. I've been playing for almost 2 months now and the last we've heard from them was over a month ago saying we would get more news about the smaller patches "over the coming weeks". It's been 5 weeks now and not a peep.

Yeah, with an extra class 1 slot I'm putting that on almost everything. I like to alt tab and do some quick reading while traveling inside a system, resulting in many loops of shame.

On 4/10/2019 at 5:24 AM, Never said:

Is it normal for FDev to be so silent on upcoming patches? I don't think I've ever played an online game where there has been such a long radio silence regarding upcoming stuff. I've been playing for almost 2 months now and the last we've heard from them was over a month ago saying we would get more news about the smaller patches "over the coming weeks". It's been 5 weeks now and not a peep.

Normally they pop up to give no details but say they're Very Excited about it.

Nothing of much substance to be honest, if it's real at all. Personally I hope it isn't, I just started playing Planet Coaster and I'd be surprised that a 2 year old game is already in maintenance mode. Especially when it could use so many improvements.

In other news, April Update's here. A bunch of great bug fixes (including fixes for a few bugs I reported, so yay), but what the fuck was Frontier thinking (if they were at all) by making Drag Munitions disable boost. That's a ganker's wet dream.

If any of you find it a lot bigger pain to farm raw materials than manufactured or data, follow this guide:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/how-to-fill-all-of-your-raw-materials-bins-using-crystalline-shards.481235/

I had somebody point it out to me when I asked out finding raw mats.  G4/5 is like finding needles in a haystack compared to G4/5 manufactured or data mats, IMO, since nobody gives them out as rewards for missions.  Wasn't really keen on the idea of heading that  far out of the Bubble, but it basically only took me two sessions to get out there, farm all the materials listed in the guide, and get back, so not all that terrible.  I generally prefer the ability to take a few missions now and then to get mats as rewards, but it is what it is; this seems to be the least painful way to collect G4/5 raw materials, then trade down for G1-3 raw mats as needed.

Now I just have to figure out what ship to develop next.  Chieftain is mostly finished, at least as far as running it as a PvE bounty hunter, and the FDL is nearly finished.

Starting to retool my Krait Mk II to kill Thargoids.  If they ever revamp smuggling and its rewards, I'll switch it back, but right now I need a challenge.

Okay, so kitting out the Krait Mk II to swat Thargoids cost me a lot of materials for re-engineering everything under the sun, but it seems to have worked well.

This is an AX combat guide I was directed to by somebody on Reddit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1loy4TRNhM07Azf_ib01OIurujTcNX-L1Y1NYFy59i4M/edit

I'm retooling the Aeon Hawk to meet this standard: https://s.orbis.zone/3980

I've gotten pretty far: https://s.orbis.zone/3p4k

As you can see, all I lack right now are:

1. Guardian module reinforcements packages,
  2. the Guardian shield reinforcement package,
  3. and boosting my shield generator to G5.

Everything else is up to standard.

Haven't tried tackling Interceptors yet, but it's really good at swatting Scouts.  Scouts can be hard to hit, but when you hit with the Gauss Cannon, it really hurts them badly.

The Gauss Cannon are also fairly good against human NPCs, although they seem a bit lacking against good shields; you'll knock the hell out of a lot of things, but a Python might take you a minute to get its shields down.  Haven't tried it versus many large ships though.  I've tried targeting power plants too see if the good penetration kills power plants faster than just killing HP, but they lose all hull points before the PP is near dead.

Also, fixed weapons are not nearly as difficult as I had found them the last time I tried.  Just not giving up and plugging along at it, you get a lot better very quickly, and I'm flying with HOTAS.

Man oh man, fixed guns are fun.  Two rails don't seem to knock shields down all that fast, but then I'm just practicing and haven't engineered them at all.  I also haven't messed around with subsystem targeting to see if they kill power plants faster than they do hull damage.

Might have to try plasmas again tomorrow.  I have no idea why I gave up on them so fast a couple months ago.

Fun fun fun.  I don't remember any big changes, although apparently Thargoids are pulling out of some systems in the Bubble, and nobody knows why.  If this means no bugs to swat just as I'm gearing up for reliving my *Starship Troopers* fantasies, I'mma get pissed.  If it's because they're gearing up for a big fight, so much the better.  More targets for me.

They announced that fleet carriers are coming, though, so get hopping on that deep core mining.  I broke the 1 billion mark recently.  Also picked up Elite in both exploration and trade, after deliberately delaying them with the aim of getting Elite in combat first.  Got tired of the grind, finished off the two easier ones.

Exactly 3 months after I last login, 15,007 light years away now I am half way back to my garage, possibly adding new modules and make credits to prepare fleet carrier, 8*C3 4*C2 4*C1 can almost haul my entire collection away.

So a 15k light year trip where I FSS all systems and surface scan all Earth-liked world and Terraformable Water world, back to back given me a profit of 280mil, just enough to rocket from Pathfinder to Elite.