Fiaura The Tank Girl

Elite: Dangerous - Anyone Out there?

10 hours ago, OOPMan said:

My long term goal is to get an Anaconda. It's going to be a while though. I rather like the Asp Explorer and think I may spend the time getting it fully loaded before moving on to getting the Anaconda.

I'd also like to get a Federal Corvette or Imperial Cutter, time permitting :-)

No worries, but I would suggesting going through the Clipper / Python first before touching the Conda.

Conda cost around 280m to 400+m depend on specification. Outfitting a python will get you above the 100m mark.

Remember, always sell all the modules and weapons before selling the ships itself, with that you lose less.

11 hours ago, skyf24 said:

Picked up the Adder after finally figuring out how to find mission critical black boxes and what not. Got some upgrades on it and it seems pretty decent so far. Whats the name of the big hauler that can carry a fighter? I wanna get one of those too

Keelback, Federal Gunship (FGS), Type 9 (Cow), Conda, Vette, Cutter, Beluga.

Theses are the ships that will be able to store a fighter bay, placeholder but unlikely to change.

"No Python?" How terrible.:serb:

I rate Adder a good step before Cobra III, I started mining with it until swapped for Cobra III and Viper III. Enjoy those kind of jump range and very soft control, you will miss it.

3 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

No worries, but I would suggesting going through the Clipper / Python first before touching the Conda.

Conda cost around 280m to 400+m depend on specification. Outfitting a python will get you above the 100m mark.

Remember, always sell all the modules and weapons before selling the ships itself, with that you lose less.

I will probably keep my Asp Explorer so I'm going to have to farm a LOT of credits before even looking at the Anaconda...

1 minute ago, OOPMan said:

I will probably keep my Asp Explorer so I'm going to have to farm a LOT of credits before even looking at the Anaconda...

I am keeping my AspE as well, actually I never sold a ship bigger than AspE. :dealdog:

Just to soften my grind to Conda I brought a Clipper, then a Python. Not only they can carry more, they provide better protection.
I went on Imperial rank in my AspE for Clipper, I will get a Cutter to maximise profit anyway so it make sense to rank up earlier and make use of the Clipper.

Once you get a Python, saving up for Conda should be way less painful.

2 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

I am keeping my AspE as well, actually I never sold a ship bigger than AspE. :dealdog:

Just to soften my grind to Conda I brought a Clipper, then a Python. Not only they can carry more, they provide better protection.
I went on Imperial rank in my AspE for Clipper, I will get a Cutter to maximise profit anyway so it make sense to rank up earlier and make use of the Clipper.

Once you get a Python, saving up for Conda should be way less painful.

Okay, thanks for the advice.

How do you improve you ranking with Federation, Empire, etc?

44 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

Okay, thanks for the advice.

How do you improve you ranking with Federation, Empire, etc?

Currently (post 2.1) Missions tend to provide an amount of value contributed to your ranking.
My speculation goes to Data Delivery provide the most while Donation the least.
However both are as efficient as each other, the difference between them, "$".

Basically we have to save/load our mission boards.
Save to menu, switch game mode. Exit to menu and load game when you see the clock is on 5 past, 10 past, etc..

For Imperial ranks, there are few remote systems famous for doing data delivery, these stations have missions going same destination (or only different ports). HIP 10716, Shu Babassi.
Minor faction states will affect the spawn rate, should check on GalMap and mission board.
Election, Expansion are the best, Boom being okay and the rest not noticeable, Do not spawn in "none".
You can also use the credits earn from data delivery to make donation, details below.

For Federation ranks, you can do data delivery in Tun but it is not very effective due to destination varies.
Unlike Empire, Feds have very few remote systems that meet the require to spawn enough data missions.
Look at Sothis, it does spawns missions to Ceos, just not enough. We are looking at enough missions to make your board full (20). So for the Feds, donation is the way to go. 17 Draconis, a lone remote system close to nothing, even from Sothis its around 400 Ly away, but it spawns endless donations, from 25,000 to 1,250,000.
The trick about donation is, every mission no matter credits, gives the same amount of reputation. So by boringly save-loading and filtering mission the whole trip to Rear Admiral takes around 300 mil, might be wrong.
Good thing is states has nearly 0 affect on 17 Draconis

Unfortunately Alliance currently has no ranking system. 

Once you reach 100%, minor factions will start spawning mission with the term "Navy",
offers vary depend on faction, some might be regular delivery, some might be smuggling.
If you don't like it, you can always leave it and wait it to spawn again, will take some time to refresh to board.

I will find those posts about these system and bring them back here.

Sorry for a long post, here is a space potato

potatoes-in-space.jpg

Imperial, HIP 10716 & Wu Guinagi

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4sguoa/this_imperial_rank_grind_actually_works/

Basically it's 4 stop loop. In HIP 10716 Pick all data delivery to Wu Guinagi,
there will be 3 outposts in Wu Guinagi, so work you way in a triangle.
Pick data delivery from those 3 stations to HIP 10716,
back to HIP 10716, restart.

The risk of mission stacking is inviting interdictions.
Here is how you get rid of them.
You can dodge them or bait them into gravity wells, personally prefer the latter.

Dodging requires you to constantly changing speed and orientation to force NPC overshoot.

Gravity baiting will make him vanish, at least for your SC. This requires you to be familiar with sensor, get real close to bodies, stars or planets.
If you have a landable planet, just get into OC and NPC will drop because they cannot OC.
If planet is not landable, get really close to it and look at your sensor, the highlighted area around the body is where you cannot touch or you drop out of SC, i.e. gravity well. Cut your throttle earlier for deceleration.

When you hit 30km/s, point you ship away from the body or I should say thrusters facing the body, like how you point your escape vector. NPC will always try to get your back for butt sex, but they do not have a sense of crashing into things.
Your orientation is simply driving them into emergency drop.

You can also do this when next to a star, but your risk toasting yourself for aliens,
but you should pack heat sinks with you before trying this at home.
Gravity well size are varies and sometimes you might be able to get too close because you are next to a WR/O.
Neutron stars and white dwarfs want your ship.
WR/O are risky.
B A depends on further classification numbers (you will definitely realise it when next to it, the colour, the size.)
L needs extra caution.
G K M only worry giants.
Black hole, I don't even.
Most of the time you only need 1 heat sink or even none if you the timing is right.

But for some wtf situation. if you see a message on top but no sign on sensor, it might say it was spawned from a further planet, or it will not show up unless you drop out of SC. If this situation occurs, watchout when you drop out of SC, it will spawn in your FACE, so best to pitch or maneuver a bit when drop out of SC because you never know. This might also be applied on mission spawned pirates, because they are considered "never give up" type NPCs

I ran out of potato. Here's from our law maker, Space Pirate, Mark Watney

news-100115a-lg.jpg

i took a mission to massacre the nationals of a certain group but i cant find the ships. any help?

10 hours ago, skyf24 said:

i took a mission to massacre the nationals of a certain group but i cant find the ships. any help?

The "group" term should be ship types / minor faction.

What kind of targets you are looking for ? These mission may get you fined for an assault.

Cargo ? Pirates ? Authority ? Bounty Hunter ? Civilians ?

Opposing political rivals or something IIRC. Either way, i didnt get fined, although i did lose a bunch of credits with how many times i died. The 120k was worth it though. I hope. 

Little bit disappointed in the Adder, want something a bit more fighter like while still having reasonable carrying capacity. Python maybe? :D

2 hours ago, skyf24 said:

Opposing political rivals or something IIRC. Either way, i didnt get fined, although i did lose a bunch of credits with how many times i died. The 120k was worth it though. I hope. 

Little bit disappointed in the Adder, want something a bit more fighter like while still having reasonable carrying capacity. Python maybe? :D

I tend to avoid those kind of missions, If I want credits from vapourising ships I went for RES zones.

Adder is a small multi-purpose so you might not like its maneuverability at high speed.
Eagle II, Imperial Eagle, Viper III, Viper IV, Courier, Vulture.
These are the small "fighters"... obviously land on small pad.
But one thing all of the above ships share, very limited internals.

If you are looking for more combat capabilities, you can try going for larger multi-purpose ships.
Cobra III, the fan favourite because it goes above 400 and simple, DBS and DBE are "explorers" but they are good transitions as well. AspS, personally haven't tried it but I think it is not worth it.

So at the moment you should go for a Cobra III / DBS. Viper IV might be a choice as well but I haven't drove one
For dedicating blowing things up, Viper III has the agility.

The difficulties of defining a "fighter" and a "multi-purpose" increase when ships are getting larger.
Like people still misunderstanding Cutter is a Fighter because the description saying it has a similar role as the Vette in the Imperial Navy.

Speaking of Python, it is a pure breed multi-purpose ship :P
ED forum likes the Python because it is an outstanding, well balanced multi-purpose.

Pros:

• Largest ship to be landed on a medium pad.
  • Has the speed, better than the big boys yet controllable, not being a ludicrous like Cutter
  • Decent jump range, not outstanding but decent.
  • 3 Large 2 medium hardpoints, just enough to not toast itself.
  • Pitch so well in the blue zone, but just the blue zone.
  • Can do reasonable shield tanking
  • Of course cheaper to run than the big boys

Cons:

• Heat dispersion, terribad. You will notice by using a fuel scoop.
  • High speed maneuverability. Can really pitch when going too quickly. (master FA off to fix)
  • Yaw. If you see ships that have similar pointy, flat, fewer side faces designs it might be a sign of having bad yaw (Cobra III, Aspes), neglect the fact that FD deliberately made yaw worse.
  • Modules protection. This is one way to find out a ship being "multi-purpose" or "fighter".
  • Usually multi-purpose ships have bad module protections. As for Python, providing shots are hitting the module there is a high chance the powerplant will blow before the hull is gone.
  • Hull mass at 350T. Although not mainstream but accidentally crashing into ships even FAS that's 4 times cheaper than you do makes you hurt more.

https://coriolis.io/
Always use Coriolis as reference, price is a slightly off tho.

Just pulled off another two 1.7m missions from Newholm. Yum.

I'm not totally sold on the Python. At 50m it's pretty expensive and the jump range looks a little poor :-/

1 hour ago, OOPMan said:

Just pulled off another two 1.7m missions from Newholm. Yum.

I'm not totally sold on the Python. At 50m it's pretty expensive and the jump range looks a little poor :-/

I think that's the reason why people failed to leave the cockpit of an asp. :doge:

AspE has the 2nd highest jump range in the game since released. 1st of course our ever loved Conda, no one hates the Conda, no one dared to! 

Pythons jump range is workable with modification, but carries doubled effective cargo than an Asp. That's also a reason I put Clipper in between. To learn losing the jump range, I'd say around 23-25 is decent. Also started learning how to FA off, drifting.

Python is expensive at our first glance, there's no other multipurpose ship between it and the Asp if you have no naval rank. Once you have upgraded it, it certainly up to its price. Python is about 100 mil, maybe 120, will check. But the ship after it, 250 mil for a trade build :yuefei:

Im up to nearly 600k credits now, which is better for RES farming, the Eagle or Imp eagle? Imp Eagle looks cooler but i think the regular one is better. Thoughts?

Also, when will be able to store ships inside the larger ones?

And is Horizons worth getting? Really enjoying ED just as a relaxing space sim.

31 minutes ago, skyf24 said:

Im up to nearly 600k credits now, which is better for RES farming, the Eagle or Imp eagle? Imp Eagle looks cooler but i think the regular one is better. Thoughts?

I enjoy Horizons, the planetary landings are pretty fun. The missions are a little meh although before @Unavailebow told me about this Sothis/Ceos stuff the juiciest missions I could find were ones to go down to a planet and blow something up. They could yield close to 1m credits for very little effort. It seems that Frontier nerfed those missions a bit though because now most of the bases are guarded by swarms of ships that can actually be rather tough to deal with. You can still do okay by just strafing the ground base with dumbfire missiles though :-)

Wasn't expecting to enjoy this so much so I passed on Horizons during the last sale. Will pick it up next time, multi crew + carrier ships sounds like a lot of fun if I could get some people to do that with me.

2 hours ago, skyf24 said:

Both Eagles are actually few of the ships I haven't driven.:minglee:
But I will try to work it out with stats for you:

Imp Eagle has way better power to mount SCB and other choices.
RES zoning in a tiny ship has very few room for error. Speed, maneuverability, run and gun is what that makes.
I prefer straight up to a Viper. Of if strong desire, Imp Eagle.

Horizon is worth it. Currently we are at 2.1 to 2.2, roughly 2 years plan with possible delay.
Planetary landings ? If you are a passionate explorer you will love the landing. I still having difficulties on landing anything 3.00G+
Engineers added colours to horizon. Some of the materials are found by surface prospecting. Much easier now but you still need to land to get arsenic.

For me ships are all my game is about, and engineers definitely help.
42% increase FSD range, 3x shield strength, 

2 hours ago, OOPMan said:

I enjoy Horizons, the planetary landings are pretty fun. The missions are a little meh although before @Unavailebow told me about this Sothis/Ceos stuff the juiciest missions I could find were ones to go down to a planet and blow something up. They could yield close to 1m credits for very little effort. It seems that Frontier nerfed those missions a bit though because now most of the bases are guarded by swarms of ships that can actually be rather tough to deal with. You can still do okay by just strafing the ground base with dumbfire missiles though :-)

They did nerf it, but with fashions and stories.

Round about 1.5 - 2 years before, somebody found Sothis has good smuggling, very good indeed single mission goes 14mil. I am getting this correctly this time. 14mil for a mission that hauls less than 100T.
People then pile up in their Aspes because smuggling was very easy.
FD then nerfed it, players then found Robigo, just 2 jumps away, similar offers.
FD then made Robigo no longer spawning smuggling mission. The hammer was there.

Then suddenly people found out Sothis is having there kind of missions again. (I am not sure about regular haulage here, just sticking to smuggling) But the profits are way lesser, but still not as bad as we have currently. I remember in my Asp having 7mil per mission and can carry more than one of these, haulage profit was also close.

They have also introduced a new mechanism for smuggling mission, which is mission chaser.
Not only regular pirates spawn and interdict you, you also have to face "never give up" type Security Force in their Eagle trying to interdict and scan you in the destination system. Btw, that's being a must spawn.

Also splitting smuggling into two types. One being your mission insta fail if you get scanned, another being your mission insta fail if you are dead. If you get caught for illicit cargo you get fined (not insta bounty) based on cargo value but no one touches your mission profit, so for the latter kind if you get caught you just lose a bit of your profit and pay for you fines.

People then complain and FD changed to what we have now. Station scanning is more frequent but no longer polices perceive your smuggling act. And I guess no more "mission fail upon death", but 0 CR when get scanned

I think I'm starting to get the hang of these Sothis missions. Save-scummed a bit so I had 4 missions and no more space in my cargo hold and then pulled in about 8 million total. One mission did send a chaser after me, eventually I got pissed off and took him out. Spent some of the cash on revamped weapons, etc so that I'm better able to handle combat encounters. My shield still sucks though.

I see how the Python can be good for these Sothis missions. You may spend a bit more time jumping but I would imagine you can pile up about 10+ missions in one go which would be very profitable.

55 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

I think I'm starting to get the hang of these Sothis missions. Save-scummed a bit so I had 4 missions and no more space in my cargo hold and then pulled in about 8 million total. One mission did send a chaser after me, eventually I got pissed off and took him out. Spent some of the cash on revamped weapons, etc so that I'm better able to handle combat encounters. My shield still sucks though.

I see how the Python can be good for these Sothis missions. You may spend a bit more time jumping but I would imagine you can pile up about 10+ missions in one go which would be very profitable.

Exactly this, the income efficiency is above all because one day you get so tired of doing.

Python is easy, the only two ships that spawn and able to catch a trade Python are FAS and FDL

Equip only mine launchers. Boost away in a straight line and lay your mines.

Well. Shit. 

Bought the Eagle, kitted it out pretty decently, probably need to fine tune it a bit and maybe change some stuff, but otherwise I think its a solid build. I go to a nav beacon, to try and do some bounty hunting. A wanted Conda appears, and i get the killing blow on its 130k bounty. 10s later the FSS blows me out of the sky. RIP that bounty.

Otherwise seems like a pretty nice ship. 

18 hours ago, Unavailebow said:

42% increase FSD range, 3x shield strength,

Wow, is that the top-level engineer upgrade for FSD?

I saw some guy bitching about it only being a 3% increase and I suspect maybe he had just only done 1 level of upgrades or something...

9 hours ago, OOPMan said:

Wow, is that the top-level engineer upgrade for FSD?

I saw some guy bitching about it only being a 3% increase and I suspect maybe he had just only done 1 level of upgrades or something...

It was 2.1.05 they made them way way way easier.

Finding polonium (used to be G5 material for G5 FSD) with and avg of 1 per hour is problematic, some of them didn't even know they spent 9 hours on a planet with no polonium. They have changed the material spawn when 2.1 went live.
I didn't get mines from prospecting, at that moment I was very busy lorry driving and they have announced to make it easier. Missions were actually one way to get polonium.
Now we get 3 instead of 1 per any data/material acquired, as well as new signal source containing high rarity materials. They have also decreased the negative effects on mid-low grades and only cost 1 unit of materials for each type.

I acquired 75 Antimony from a ship wreck (obviously saveload) before 2.1.05, now it's might be a good idea to dump some of them.

And yes 42% was a high roll G5 FSD, I think it has minor positive from secondary as well.
G5 FSD is crucial... Not exact number but close, even with that my Vette jumps 17 - 19 while similar setup Conda jumps 23 - 29 and Cutter jumps 21 - 27. Fuck me.:eww:

So the Eagle was a great investment (for me anyways). Got it decently upgraded, put some beam lasers and a gimbaled multi cannon on it, and took it to a low RES. Made some nice credits, and then took it to a large RES. Had over 850k in vouchers when i went back to the station. So, what to get after the eagle? :D

1 hour ago, skyf24 said:

So the Eagle was a great investment (for me anyways). Got it decently upgraded, put some beam lasers and a gimbaled multi cannon on it, and took it to a low RES. Made some nice credits, and then took it to a large RES. Had over 850k in vouchers when i went back to the station. So, what to get after the eagle? :D

Just climb through the fighter tree then.

• Viper III / IV. Obvious price choice.
  • Courier (Imp). Haven't driven but has one of the best cockpit.
    http://i.imgur.com/dxbAwbt.png (I think I couldn't find the "spoiler" anymore")
  • Some might fight with DBE. Best heat dispersion in the game, famous for silent builds
  • Vulture. Ultimate oversized small size fighter, maneuverable and good shield. but only two hardpoints.
  • Keelback. Where things started to be mediumish, expect worse than a Vulture by mile Literally a Type-6 box with some firepower, will get fighter hangar in 2.2 tho.

When the price tag goes up to 10mil point, things start to get really dirty.
You won't get a pure breed fighter until FdL at about 56mil.
Fed has two stationary turret, FDS and FGS. Also FAS being a highly maneuverable turret. All medium pad
Imp has Clipper, large multipurpose which goes 400+ m/s.
If you are not a fan of rank grinding you will need to stick with the multipurpose for quite a while.

Personally suggesting going through Viper III, IV might be too sluggish to you.
Then go for DBE or Courier, then Vulture. Keelback leave it.

Remember to sell all your modules and weapons before selling the ship, that reduces your loss.

Welp, I'm already at 20m credits and just picked up another 10m of missions or so. I think I will keep missioning until I get about 100m then buy myself a Python and see if I can't get a sweet G5 FSD so I can use it for exploration, etc.

5 hours ago, OOPMan said:

Welp, I'm already at 20m credits and just picked up another 10m of missions or so. I think I will keep missioning until I get about 100m then buy myself a Python and see if I can't get a sweet G5 FSD so I can use it for exploration, etc.

Use the ship that you love the most. There are people out with their 22ish Vette. Python is not a bad option, has quite a lot of internals. Jump range... I guess a discovery class can do around 30 to 32, some calculation has to be done.

Meanwhile I am trying hard to get 45+ in my Conda. Extreme setup goes to 60, probably very difficult to control.

G5 FSD, G3 Low emission, a whole bunch of AFM and heat sink.