Fiaura The Tank Girl

Elite: Dangerous - Anyone Out there?

Sold off my space minivan (Adder), got a Cobra and kitted it for mining, moved to Prasia where i can mine a pristine metallic ring and sell on the same system, as there's demand there.

Prospector limpets are well worth it. I'm considering ditching the size 4 shields for another cargo rack.

19 hours ago, Shackram said:

Prospector limpets are well worth it. 

There's something almost hypnotic about sitting in space blasting pieces off an asteroid while your army of little robots fall over each other to collect the debris and bring them to you.

Spent the weekend in a Type 6, delivered a bit over 1000T of stuff for each of the 3 CGs and did some profitable hauling. Sold it and went back to my cobra for some mining.

26 minutes ago, Eggs_benedict_cumberbund said:

Asp explorer.

It's a solid multirole ship i've been told, getting one myself soon.

47 minutes ago, Shackram said:

Spent the weekend in a Type 6, delivered a bit over 1000T of stuff for each of the 3 CGs and did some profitable hauling. Sold it and went back to my cobra for some mining.

It's a solid multirole ship i've been told, getting one myself soon.

Im sold.

I spent my weekend getting away from populated space

I take back what i said about the Viper 3. Been taking it out for about an hour each night, generally pulling about 1m per run, and got as high as 1.8m in a single run. Just about ready to buy the Asp, kit it out for trading, and start heading towards an anaconda or FDL. How do i unlock sothis btw?

Sothis/Ceos is getting nerfed in 2.2 i heard.

Cai Syraze sorta became my home base, they've been giving me some profitable mining missions so i have my AspEx fitted for that. 104t of cargo space(but no shield), 2A refinery (5 bins), 2 3D collector controler and a 2A prospector controller, take off with about 100 limpets to a nearby system with pristine metallic ring.

My last haul was 25t of Osmium (18t for missions, some extra since Osmium missions are the most common) 21t of Silver(for missions too), 9t of Gold, 19t of Platinum and 24t of Painite, between missions and market it got me 3M, 1.7M just from the Painite since Secchi Orbital is paying 74k for each right now.

20160923023800_1_zpsy1ai2c5u.jpg

Best I've ever done so far bounty hunting at a hi RES. The end of this was pretty intense, I'd been out of chaff for a while and multi cannons hadn't worked properly from about round 900 onwards. Another viper 3 and I swarmed over an Imp Clipper, wearing him down while I never took a hit, and went in between both of his outboard plasma cannon shots a number of times. only had my dual plasma repeaters, and 47% of my hull left. It may not be the most efficient way to make credits compared to trading but it's extremely fun.

I haven't done combat since i sold my Viper and been caught up with delivery missions and mining.

Picked up my rewards from last week's CGs and got a nice 13M out of it, kitted out my Asp Ex to head to Maia for this week's GC.

It isn't by any means the quickest way to make money, but imo its the most fun. Mining was boring, if relaxing. Flying from point A to point B while also relaxing and easy enough to do, just isn't fun for me. I'll take killing condas any day over flying crap tons of cargo to point B. 

That said I would eventually like an Anaconda and trade is the easiest way to do it, so meh.

I don't usually stick to the same thing for very long but also the downtime during mnining/trading/exploring doesn't bother me much since i multitask a lot. Last weekend i spent several hours hauling stuff for the 3 CGs, which was kinda grindy with a Type-6 but paid off. Then i went mining and doing some delivery missions for a while.

Now i'm exploring with the Asp while heading to the pleiades for the two CGs and to find Meta Alloys, while taking pictures along the way. I do want to buy and kit a Vulture when i get back to the bubble.

7pSwnmm.jpg

0NUWrfh.jpg

kdqQ1b1.jpg

nw5q3NY.jpg

great snaps.

grabbed the asp e, fit 4 small mine launchers to it and the  proceeded to laugh my ass off as an imperial clipper sat behind me and got his ass blown up by them.

Haven't seen anything from the devs about Sothis nerf,
UA bombing is how the community balance it.
Even though CR is no longer a problem I have to worry about.:fat:

I've heard those tourist missions to Jaques paying over 100mil.
I think those "SothisOP" guys are going to quit the game once they have got all the ships.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||

Harvesting MA is quite static because you only need to saveload waiting the fruits to come out.
At least that's how my friends told me.

started doing sothis runs. only done 1 back to the bubble so far, but 3m from a single mission was great.

asp explorer can donthe trip in 20~ jumps, so its not too bad. before i set it to fastest route it said 107 jumps. lolno.

Who ordered a space latte?

WFhzmeM.jpg

22 hours ago, skyf24 said:

asp explorer can donthe trip in 20~ jumps, so its not too bad. before i set it to fastest route it said 107 jumps. lolno.

It's good to maximize exploration data tho', i did a 600ly-ish trip with about 120 jumps for the exploration CG, would have been 24 jumps at fastest. :doge:

But the way jump works is that to jump half of a distance it uses a quarter of the fuel. Also D modules are the lightest, my AspEx is D everything that can be, with A  rated FSD and fuel scoop, which gives a 25ly laden/34ly unladen jump range.

did some more Sothis runs. Its pretty hilariously broken for credit making but considering how expensive the game gets I think its ok. Mine launchers are still hilarious, got a clipper and a python earlier. At the rates i was pulling i can get an outfitted tradeconda in about 8~ hours, and thats without being an ally of the factions. I tried to maximize the Asp's jump range, it's currently 28~ unladen and about 22~ with a full load. Main thing about 107 jumps is that there is no way i'm pressing J that many times when the fuel scoop can refuel me in about a minute.

"Fuel scoop deployed"

20160925172809_1_zpsk7cs4gvx.jpg

When doing a run like Sothis then it does't make sense to visit every system on the way.

If you're exploring it makes a bit more sense tho.

I'm not sure about 8 hours for an Anaconda tho. That would rely on your getting decent missions every time you went back to Sothis which doesn't seem to happen in my experience. I would have to savescum for quite some time just to get enough missions to fill the hold and earn about 10m. YMMV.

How is the multiplayer aspect in this game?

I watched a few twitch streams about it for s few minutes (not terrible entertaining to watch) and the streamers never met any other player. Player interaction is what imho spices up such a game considerably (though it doesn't need to be that cutthroat as in EVE).

Just now, Jaegaer said:

How is the multiplayer aspect in this game?

I watched a few twitch streams about it for s few minutes (not terrible entertaining to watch) and the streamers never met any other player. Player interaction is what imho spices up such a game considerably (though it doesn't need to be that cutthroat as in EVE).

It's pretty variable I think. The game universe is huge. Really huge. So it's very very easy to fly for hours and never see another human. Outside of the bubble you won't see any NPCs either. 

I think people tend to remedy this by participating the the community goals and/or playing in groups. It's also worth noting that there is a huge community of players in a special private group dedicated to no-griefing which means there are a large chunk of players you will never meet unless you join that group.

There are some griefers in the game too though.

14 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

...which means there are a large chunk of players you will never meet unless you join that group.

Does that mean you can choose who to see and who not or is this simply because the game universe is that big that you need to cooperate?

14 minutes ago, Jaegaer said:

Does that mean you can choose who to see and who not or is this simply because the game universe is that big that you need to cooperate?

No, groups are more like private instances except there isn't really a limit on the number of players that can be in a group afaik.

In terms of co-operation its not really like EVE. There isn't that big a need for large-scale co-operation (yet) besides things like the community goals.