Lord Kurtz

Simple question, Premium tanks.

Hey gents, not sure where to post this but I'll give it a go. After 9k battles I'm looking at getting my first premium tank. I can get any of them and was wondering what tank should I get? I've been looking at both the 112 and IS-6. I am, however, open to any suggestions with the reason why. Thank you in advance.

Give more information, what tanks do you enjoy playing? What do you want to play? 
Heavy or med?

Edit:
Okay, I just looked at your profile. Most of the tanks you've played were somewhat slow armored vehicles. Unless you want a change from that play style I would recommend the is-6.

It has preferential matchmaking and is simply an amazing tank. There's no other t8 premium heavy that you can currently get that comes close to the is-6 as a heavy (excluding the FCM which isn't a real heavy).

Yea, IS-6 is op.

Get it. You will love it and make ez creds.

If you like faster heavies though, you might want 112 or T54 mod 1, but I doubt that cause info from poast above me.

Both are good in my opinion.

Yeah I don't mind slow(ish) tanks because I enjoy making the gun sing :). I'm just getting to that point where I need a money maker. I have WAY too man T-7 and T-8 tanks unlocked but haven't bought them yet. 

I have the IS6 and Super P. Both are pref 8s and both make money even shooting gold. I find the Super P to be awesome. Don't get me wrong, I love the IS6 but the Super P is becoming my fav tank to play

Never buy the 112 unless you want to burn to death every game...

This is so true.

OP, the IS6 is superior.  The 112 is nice, but it's just not the same as the IS6.  Literally any shot that hits the lower plate on the 112 sets it on fire, even with all the preventative skills.

So I got the IS-6......... Never got one round of  APCR and never needed to fire one. Been making 60,000 after repairs for my 7 battles (Obviously small sample size) in it. Can't wait to see what I can do with it once I get the hang of it. It kinda feels like an IS-3. Thank you all for the input and I'm extremely pleased with the results.

No idea why people think it "needs" to fire gold.

Oh, and just a tip - if you ever push around a corner, point the sloped corner dead-on to the enemy, and if you see them move their gun to that spot specifically, jiggle straight back and forth a bit. Chances are, if they can't pen you outside of there, they'll bounce off the side or the front.

Also, just forget about ST-Is. Even with APCR dead-on into the sides, it's really dodgy. You can kill E75s if you can get to their sides while distracted, but if they angle, even APCR is once again dodgy.

E50s are actually pretty easy to deal with when it's a baddie driving it, but a good player will probably come out on top. T-54 is pretty much a huge "fuck you" even if you're firing APCR, because 217 just doesn't break that point needed to reliably penetrate 120mm of armor at that angle, and the turret face is too small.

I run a split of 15 AP, 13 APCR, and 2 HE.

Things to avoid, the hurry and buy them before they're removed premiums.  The non preferential tier 7's and below don't seem as bad off as non-pref 8s, since you get so many tier 10s in the cue.  The SU-122-44 is pretty awesome as far as non-pref's go, but it's tough before 6th sense. 

Never buy the 112 unless you want to burn to death every game...

its not that bad. I just dont like the H33T spam that is needed. 

IS6

Super P, SU-122-44, IS-6 and FCM 50 are all great tanks, good money makers and for a premium not sub par compared to their regular counterparts, just depends on your play style. 

If you are going to START a new line, get a prem in that line to train the crews.  If you are going to stick with a line, get a prem of THAT line.  If you want to work the Russian heavies, get the IS-6 by all means.  However, if you want to go soviet TD get the SU-122-44.  This will make some people cringe, but if you are going American Heavy, T34, and German heavy, Lowe.

Remember also that you can combine tankers from any tank of the same country and tank type for the crew of your premium.