The_direwolf

How many games did it take you to become an overall Unicum?

Hi all

Just a simple question really. How many games did it take you to hit purple overall? Rerolls obviously excluded.

Infinite.

:tongue:

In before Kewei states the lowest time-to-unicum.

A little past 13k. I think I had around 5k until I somewhat actively started improving. Around 7k I was dark green I think and knew basically all game mechanics and was a master @ weak spots + brawling.

Essentially, I've been playing with purple recent ever since 8-9k battles I think, it just took my overall ~4k to catch up. If I didn't go through so many grinds and instead gotten to 140 earlier on, I would have gotten purple a lot sooner lol.

+50 WN8 every 1000 battles.  So around another 10k battles to go.

Took me way too long to get out of the potato phase.  Hell the first 7k battles I had no idea about WN.. rating and just played with my 9 year old son on this account ... :P

First 5k~ battle for me was just having fun, trying to get the tanks that I thought at the time were the "best" and seemed fun to play while not really focusing on stats at all. After 5k games (I would have been around 1k wn8 at this point due to having played FPS games before and understanding basic FPS concepts) I started looking for clans which I realized most had certain requirements. At this point I really started improving my game and trying to understand the meta and this like aiming for weakspots and spotting mechanics etc. Now at 12k games I'm at 2270wn8. But to awnser your question I think for the average player it will take 20k+ games to achieve unicum status and only people who learned the game extremely fast will have gotten to unicum before 20k. 

^I'm assume we're talking strictly about overall and not recent stats

TL'DR: takes average player 20k+ games to get unicum.

Well I'm still thinking that you become a true unicum once you're purple for everyone, so that's like 2680 or something, a long way to go for me.

At 11861 games. I can't get the exact number down, but it was on the day I hit that number, as I gained 4 Wn8 points boosting me to purple overalls.

Yeah.....but you're special

TL'DR: takes average player 20k+ games to get unicum.

Ye, just kill my feels. It's not like I had any.  :$

Average wotlabs user =/= average wot pubbie.

It takes some 20k games to distingish green from red tanks.

Anyway, I think the average unicum player reaches unicum-hood at 10-15k games.

Ye, just kill my feels. It's not like I had any.  :$

It was a "loose" estimation :P some people manage to get unicum on the first account after 5k games, and sometimes it takes upwards of 30k games to get to that point.

It's gonna go back down though because campaign and also because I'm mostly abandoning this game until I finish all school related stuff

ayeee welcome to the club.

Mine took ~20k, not bad considering where I was halfway through.

gk494evw9li2hafzg.jpg

I will never be purple. I guess.

My noobmeter stats / graphs are all steadily climbing, without any dips, from left lower corner to upper right.

But when you look closer: it is a slow climb. I will be 50 years old until I am purple :)

I will never be purple. I guess.

My noobmeter stats / graphs are all steadily climbing, without any dips, from left lower corner to upper right.

But when you look closer: it is a slow climb. I will be 50 years old until I am purple :)

Don't worry about your overall.  Just focus on getting better.  Honestly, you have spectacular XVM camo with 1500+ after 20k games.  Yes, the XVM sniping is real.  I noticed a difference after I hit 2000 overall.  I can't imagine the arty rage for actual unis.

I don't know. I got clicked in my first 5 games yesterday. I every single one of them. I was low tier (-2) and not the only tank that was lit.

The sad truth is: even with only 1500 WN8 I am often the "best" player in a sea of red.

At 11861 games. I can't get the exact number down, but it was on the day I hit that number, as I gained 4 Wn8 points boosting me to purple overalls.

Yeah at 3k im headed for uni at around 10.5k games or so. So I'll probably have to step up my padding game if I want to hit uni before or at 10k games :P