JAW00007

Her Majesty's best TD the AT15A

For those who love the Brit TDs and slow well armored tanks there is simply no better tank to play than the AT15A. The tank has incredible armor for its tier and even at T8 the armor is relevant.Gun wise the AT15A lacks alpha however it has crushing DPM to melt tanks and with amazing characteristics to boot.Finally the speed, the AT15A in this respect it lacks with its top speed at 20kpm and while that is slow its not a deal breaker if you have map awareness I was surprised by how often I made it to a flank in time to carry.As for why I think its the best AT series AT it has everything the AT15 has a tier down and with pref mm plus a gun that permatracks even harder.The Tort could be the best AT but it lacks the gun traverse and great armor to justify the slow speed.If your interested in my stats I have XX  xTE rating in the tank and 3254 WN8 over 37 games which admittedly is a tiny sample size still I dont see my performance dipping.Here is a awesome game http://wotreplays.com/site/1947155#ensk-jaw00007-at_15a Thanks TheMarine0341 for your AT15A thread to get me to buy it.Any other XX rating AT15A players out there plat would be funny.

Yea, it used to have typical T7 TD hp, like 890 I think. But since it got buffed, I think it's a great tank now, although I've only played it on test server.

Tortoise could definitely be the best in the line, but it's armour is too flat, same with the AT-15. Everything else though is great on the tank.

I actually just played a few games in this tank yesterday after not having played it in months. I forgot how fun it was especially when you are top tier.

I think this might be my favorite premium tank when it comes to grinding credits: Super simple to play since you basically can't flex, great armor, great DPM and enough AP pen for all T7s and most T8s. Gold is enough to pen everything with ease if the need to do so arises.
This thing is pretty much everything the JT 8,8 wants to be: Great assault TD due to armor, has an even easier time holding enemies given some distance and penetration is enough to combat every tank it meets. Sure it is a tad bit slower, but it turns way better (and to be honest getting out turned by almost everything was the thing that ruined the 8,8 for me).
10/10 would buy again. Best pref T7 imo (it simply has the hardness that the E-25 lacks allowing to carry on city maps).

I am not entirely sure how well this thing would function as an anchor for E-25s (never tried), but it has the potential for it.

Edit: There is already a thread for the buffed version.  notably this has pointers on how to get the most out of the armor

I legit want to use an AT 15 in TB's, if only I have TS, I could make the AT15 works as main bait/meatshield/DPM

I legit want to use an AT 15 in TB's, if only I have TS, I could make the AT15 works as main bait/meatshield/DPM

at-15 op confirmed?

AT15 has 224 pen w/ AP and reloads every 4.21 seconds. Several battles in that grind I ate through all 30 AP rounds I carried (30 ap 30 apcr) within the first few moments of the game

That said, this could probably be merged w/ the fan club thread I made!

You crazy. The tank gun is too small! At least the regular AT15 has the 20 pdr. Play the Tort!

The only thing going for this tank is the limited MM. Ok, the armor too... but they have their obvious weakspots =T

No mention of the updated armor profile? Buffed the upper front plate, removed the hole behind the gun mantlet, and the cupola on the left side got smaller, making the only real weakspot the rights side MG port.

This was both my first tier 7 and my first premium tank. Only recently have I tried playing it again since the multitude of buffs, and holy hell, I like it! If I want to play a game where I don't want to think too much, I'm gonna use this tank. Just drive forward and shoot things until they're all dead.

5 hours ago, Treeburst said:

Wait the AT-15A got buffed again?!

If I'm understanding the diagrams in the link correctly, yes.

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.com/2015/11/913-at-15-armor-changes.html

The 9.13 patch gave the AT an HD model with slight armor buffs in the following ways:

1. Upper front plate's angle has been increased, adding ~50 mm effective armor. This is the most important one, I think.

2. Left side cupola is shorter and more angled, giving it an extra 22 mm effective armor.

3. Couple extra 15mm strips of armor on either side of the casemate from tracks.

I was wrong about the hole behind the mantlet, my eyes were playing tricks on me and I read the diagram wrong. Overall, not huge buffs, I think, but not insignificant. The main weakspot that is the right side MG port is still as bad as ever.

I haven't checked the model since shortly after the patch that contained the HD AT-15A was released, but I'm pretty sure you weren't mistaken - the AT-15A's mantlet hole thingy was removed.

It's an incredibly powerful tank right now, but the lack of mobility and the fact it's not T8 makes it a purchase that's easy to disregard. I'm a pretty big fan of the tank (I'm certainly happy with 1700 dpg @ 72%!), but even I haven't brought it out of the garage in a couple months. It's just not that exciting or lucrative.

Well alrighty then! Awesome.

The mantlet hole + the upper front plate buffs makes it easy to bully most tanks you face now, as long as the MG port is hidden.

No, its not exciting, and actually rather mindless. Thats why I play it, to take a break from the fast tanks I usually play. I haven't dragged the WR up from terribad yet, though. The majority of games I've had in this thing so far were with under 2k games and tier 9 MM.

If the infamous artillery changes that will happen SoonTM will actually happen, and arty's retarded damage gets lowered, this tank will have its glory days.

Criminally underrated premium. One of the very few with preferential MM that doesn't require gold spam to be effective.

Just rrr and start bullying heavies. Hide cupola, angle, profit. With the current meta it works great most of the times. Using it as a sniper should be the last resort imo.

Played offensively it's quite a formidable credit farmer considering it's only a T7. 

Necroing the thread from more than 4 years ago.

It is available to choose on EU as tankreward - reward tank.

Is it any relevant, do you guys play it, how does it do?

For me tankrewards is 7 days prem, a SU-81i or a SU-100Y, dont see AT15a...

(if i could, i would pick it, i wont spend money on it, but always looked like an interesting vehicle)

11 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

For me tankrewards is 7 days prem, a SU-81i or a SU-100Y, dont see AT15a...

(if i could, i would pick it, i wont spend money on it, but always looked like an interesting vehicle)

You have to click and drag to scroll to the right on the tier 5 reward. You should find the AT 15A after scrolling.

On 10/24/2020 at 3:08 PM, Boodler said:

Is it any relevant, do you guys play it, how does it do?

I haven't played a ton with it in the last year or so, but from what I remember it's pretty good. The armor works extremely well if you abuse the gun arc to hide the cupola. Something like 250mm on the weakest points with a tiny slit of much thinner armor on the roof. When you are top tier it just decimates. You'll want to play it like a superheavy in T7 and a support heavy at T8. Would be trash tier at T9, but it has pref MM, so lucky you.

Main issues are M44s, which are fairly common (and would completely ruin it if it was T6) and the obvious complete lack of flexibility. Like the tort/t95/whatever, you have to be super aware of the minimap. If your brain goes AFK and you assume your team is with you on your flank, you're stuck there.

Your options are IRM/Rammer/Turbo or Rammer/Turbo/Hardening. I wish we could fit in optics or binocs so our pushes aren't blind, but the new equipment is too good for assault TDs.

16 hours ago, 8at_eNTrOpY said:

You have to click and drag to scroll to the right on the tier 5 reward. You should find the AT 15A after scrolling.

Tyvm, i just got my point (i think), so means i almost missed it :P

On 10/26/2020 at 7:25 AM, Rexxie said:

Main issues are M44s, which are fairly common (and would completely ruin it if it was T6) and the obvious complete lack of flexibility. Like the tort/t95/whatever, you have to be super aware of the minimap. If your brain goes AFK and you assume your team is with you on your flank, you're stuck there.

I've actually come to run spall line on my AT-15A after a few particularly bad instances of the M44 spam. It's one of the few tanks I used it on in part because spall liners work better on tanks with high raw thicknesses. I'm pretty sure I've one games because I've eaten about 20 M44 shells for my team (as bait) and still not manage to die.