Sign in to follow this  
CarbonWard

Hi Friend, Stop saying Hi

Exactly what it says, If players type in all chat before the battle start, there is a chance that the other side players won't load in time and can't authenticate.

Until WG makes further announcement, i would personally recommend you refrain from speaking in all chat before the battle start.

I'll just go ahead and blame my d/c tonight on that...

Don't you ordinarily load into battle a little later than most, Knebs? If this is the cause then that'd explain why it was just you.

Wait, so when we went up against bulbs they spammed the chat to hell. Does that mean they knew about the glitch?

Wait, so when we went up against bulbs they spammed the chat to hell. Does that mean they knew about the glitch?

Well, to be honest, its a old strategy for a lot of clans, when you type something in all chat, your name shows up, other 2 ways of having your name show up is to be spotted, and critically damage an enemy's module.

So when you type something in all chat, you no longer has to worry about having your name shown when you are red line sniping, its hard to tell the difference between 2 13 90 and 6 T54LT when all the names are shown. this adds a layer of confusion to your lineup, so enemies won't be able to react as quickly when they are taking damage.

That and because Bulba is full of 16 yr olds who probably have attention deficit disorder.

Nope, we've been talking in all chat for a very long time now, well before this issue popped up for the reason carbon mentioned. We've also had people not load into battles, would be amusing if we were accidentally locking our own players out of the battle.

It's happened to me a few times already ): 

o7o7o7o7o7o7o7 friends

Also... is this bug new? Or has it been around a long time, but not been discovered until recently? 

It's happened to me a few times already ): 

o7o7o7o7o7o7o7 friends

Also... is this bug new? Or has it been around a long time, but not been discovered until recently? 

You know, a few patches ago they made it so you couldn't say anything in chat until the battle timer started. I thought it was a weird limitation until I thought about your question. I'm guessing that the limitation was a shitty coverup for this bug and that somehow the event matches start the battle timer sooner than in pub matches or something like that.

Well, to be honest, its a old strategy for a lot of clans, when you type something in all chat, your name shows up, other 2 ways of having your name show up is to be spotted, and critically damage an enemy's module.

So when you type something in all chat, you no longer has to worry about having your name shown when you are red line sniping, its hard to tell the difference between 2 13 90 and 6 T54LT when all the names are shown. this adds a layer of confusion to your lineup, so enemies won't be able to react as quickly when they are taking damage.

That and because Bulba is full of 16 yr olds who probably have attention deficit disorder.

Nice.  

Interesting that there is a competitive purpose.

It took HOURS before we could get the last couple of people in that battle to take off their tinfoil hats.  

It was super frustrating to have a chance to cut our teeth against Bulba while they were bringing your 'A' game and to be down 4 tanks.