Alesia

Dayz Standalone Discussion

Figured I'd make a thread since the last two are ancient by now.

Been really enjoying this since I  came back (and zombies have since been fixed).

Considered booting up a WOTLabs white listed server but it's just too expensive for me alone.

Sawed off Mosins are cool, SKS w/scope is cool.  It's nice to see the fire axe not be the be all end all of silent zombie take down measures.  Long Sword FTW

THAT SAID.

If my suriviver complains ONE MORE TIME ABOUT BEING THIRSTY I'LL UNALIVE HER MYSELF.

Also the loot changes regarding military arms basically only spawning at helicopter crash sites is rather stupid and just makes getting armed more of a hassle than it should.

People complained about the standalone, reasons?

I'm about to start playing the mod for arma 2.. do people still play that?

havent played standalone for months and months, don't think I've played it this year.  it completely turned me off any early access game, the fact that its been what? 2 years since it went into EA and is still in EA, ugh. stupid stupid stupid. 

is it still unoptimized and buggy and crap?

havent played standalone for months and months, don't think I've played it this year.  it completely turned me off any early access game, the fact that its been what? 2 years since it went into EA and is still in EA, ugh. stupid stupid stupid. 

is it still unoptimized and buggy and crap?

It's just easier to run straight from Steam for me.

I haven't encountered a single bug I don't think.  A few lag issues but that's any game really.

People complained about the standalone, reasons?

I'm about to start playing the mod for arma 2.. do people still play that?

AFAIK yes they do.

Fairfight?

Its a software on BF4 servers that scans gameplay for shit thats impossible to do.. ie: Killing a tank with a sidearm. Promptly banning the offender.

Its a software on BF4 servers that scans gameplay for shit thats impossible to do.. ie: Killing a tank with a sidearm. Promptly banning the offender.

Yes, Dayz has Battleeye

And that doesn't seem to be working effectively?

It doesn't work that great with the mod servers afaik because of mods and such, haven't seen a single hacker in 1 week of playing the standalone when cheating is a part of playing multiple times a day on the Dayzmod.  Could be that I've just gotten lucky tho, I tend to hop between low population servers.

I know that if you host a private server for the mod, only allow people you know and trust on, cheating/hacking etc is not an issue. Dunno about the standalone because my potato laptop can't run it.

15% off

such informative uu

tnku for informs o^o

*Wow still 30 bucks... will only get if i have many friendos to play with.

I'm a gud operator and pilot, but solo is cancer

Get arma 2 combined operations, its 66% off and we can play the mod together :3

I dun wanna gib up mah SVD doe q_q

Looks like we have plenty of people to play, just need a gud server

You will play for a few weeks and collect a lot of nice things, everything's coming together, then on the 7th day all ur shit gets jacked by a guy who is literally teleporting in and out of the tree lines.  

Fuck everything 

/disband clan 

You will play for a few weeks and collect a lot of nice things, everything's coming together, then on the 7th day all ur shit gets jacked by a guy who is literally teleporting in and out of the tree lines.

Fuck everything

/disband clan

This is why we need cheap, whitelisted/password protected servers.

$50 a month for a 30 slot server my ass

Don't want to double posy but I found a helicopter crash site that is basically always spawned. Got an svd off of it. Right next to a military base everyone ignores and/or doesn't know about as well :^)

Ok I started playing the mod yesterday, and I must say, this game is actually pretty fun, despite how clunky it is.

However, can anyone help me out with installing the Epoch and Overwatch mods? I can't seem to get dayz commander to work.