Rhoregis

IS-7: Keep or sell?

Hey, during the On Track to the IS-7, I managed to finish my IS-8 grind to buy the IS-7 while it was on sale, and bought it on the discount but realized quite quickly that it is completely outclassed in the current meta game, due to the power creep that has been going on.  With the current on track, I have been thinking about selling my IS-7 to re-buy the T71 and the IS-3 for tournaments and champion TCs.  I'm looking for feedback from the gud@tanks group on whether it's a decent tank that i'm just not clicking with, or if it is the POS i believe it to be, and if i should sell it or not.

IS-7 is still a great pub tank imo.

IS-3 at T10, general all purpose assault HT with speed to flex around the map and a good armour scheme to bounce rounds at long range.

It just has limited use in CW now as you said with the current meta.

8.6 reverted some of the power keep. It was kind to it while it was harsh to the T110E5. The improved accuracy made it far easier to snipe the E5 cupola while the "innacurate" Is-7 cannon became far more effective, plus it lacks any glaring weakspots in the armor.

I say keep it, it's a good tank for pub battles if anything.

8.6 brought it back into the meta a little bit. Still good in pubs if you're ever feeling possessed to do it, although I never do. I keep mine only in case it's ever needed for CW, and because as with 8.6, it may get better again with future updates.

I had IS4 and IS7 and needed a garage slot. IS7 won out. I like the speed and armor just a little bit more.

Honestly, when I run my T57 I love having an IS-7 with me to lead the charge. Its tough, very tough, the gun hits pretty hard and it can push ground. Its not the defensive monster the E-100 is, but its a pretty good wingman for an E4/T57/50B/268 aka the soft tier 10 damage dealers. 

I like my IS7.  The problem i have with it, is the armor seems squirrely. Like the game where i bounced a FV183, then 3 mins later a E-75 hit the same spot and pennetrated. But it is a fun tank to run in pubs.  Even better to run in a platoon

Selling any tier ten is generally a bad idea since its still a net loss of several million credits.

Tbh I have more trouble penning IS7s than IS4s for some reason.

In any case, its just an extra ten you can pull out for clams so there really is no point in selling it.