Yes, also answer the meaning of life. I'm kidding, please don't.

I've recently taken a look at my stats and noticed something. My recent winrate is much higher relative to my recent wn8. I noticed this same phenomena about 8 months ago. When my avg. was 50%, my recent was 56%! However, my recent wn8 around the time was only 1,200. However, after that, my winrate dipped within comparison to my wn8.

Why does this happen? What does it mean? My wn8 NEVER spikes like my winrate has (like now).

You're better at winning then damage farming. That is definitely a better problem to have than being better at damage farming than winning. 

I was in a similar situation, and I found that playing higher tiers and then scrutinizing my game play for flaws was able to get me to purple recent in the last month.

Winning is hard.

yeah, my Recent WN8 has been dark purple for months now, though Im only just starting to play at superuni WN8 consistently within the last 2 months (by contrast I've had superuni recent WR for a good 6-7 months now) the reason is because solo is cancer and I don't know why it was ever invented. I only platoon nowadays, so it obviously gets padded.

I don't deny its padded, im probably 55-56% solo overall W/R rather than the 58% it is now. but what ever, its how I enjoy playing the game, im not going to play in a way that I don't find fun just because people consider it more "legit"

While all of the above are correct, you could also be playing higher tier heavies when you do play higher tiers.  We all know how possible it is to carry a game in a heavy without really getting pretty stats.  i.e. Hold a flank 1v3 for 10 minutes and soak up 7k block damage or track shots, even if you bounce or can't shoot much.  

While all of the above are correct, you could also be playing higher tier heavies when you do play higher tiers. We all know how possible it is to carry a game in a heavy without really getting pretty stats. i.e. Hold a flank 1v3 for 10 minutes and soak up 7k block damage or track shots, even if you bounce or can't shoot much.

I think there may be some contribution in the way of that. After acquiring the tiger 2, sidescraping multiple retards in IS-3s and other tanks(stronk Russian 122 defeats all, da?), I deal like 3 shots of dmg.

Solo winrate is all that matters. Wn8 is there to make you feel better / prevent tilt when you failed.

Yes, also answer the meaning of life. I'm kidding, please don't.

Why do people even ask? Everyone knows, nobody is rude enough to state it.

Just to ensure that everyone can admire my rude-ness with added Belgian flag colors...

S E X

what is a legitimate solo winrate for a decent player? 

I've been told 60%+. With a max at around 65%-70%.

That is considering carry tanks at high tiers.

Maybe a unicum can confirm?

what is a legitimate solo winrate for a decent player? 

I've been told 60%+. With a max at around 65%-70%.

That is considering carry tanks at high tiers.

Maybe a unicum can confirm?

That's the standard that gets passed around.  But those aren't for a "decent" player.  A decent player can hit 52-53%.  Given that this is Wotlabs, the colors give you a pretty good idea of how good is good.  Purple isn't "decent".  Purple is elite.  Deep purple is the highest level of performance, so you can pretty safely use the Wotlab colors as a guide to what a player should be able to do so.  It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine when really good players don't acknowledge that they are really good.  For this forum, perhaps deep blue/light purple is "decent".  But within the game (where it really counts), deep blue/light purple is well above average.

Of course, this also presumes playing mostly at higher tiers.  I'd wager that a top solo player like garbad could really push WR into the 70%s playing Tier 5 or 6.

As for the OP, I think it's the platoon effect.  I'm in a very similar situation with my own stats because I run about 50% platoons (usually with equals, sometimes better, sometimes worse players, but almost always better than orange).

Winning >>> all

Just go with it.

Testify brother!

While all of the above are correct, you could also be playing higher tier heavies when you do play higher tiers.  We all know how possible it is to carry a game in a heavy without really getting pretty stats.  i.e. Hold a flank 1v3 for 10 minutes and soak up 7k block damage or track shots, even if you bounce or can't shoot much.  

The discrepancy should not be that large.

What heavies tend to do is have a lower ceiling on high-end WN8 since they struggle to clean up damage in blowout games vice meds.

Statistically what you see is just far fewer HT players pushing their per-tank stats above 4k WN8. At a unicum or blue level it should have no effect whatsoever.

When I see someone with a higher WR color than WN8 I just assume the same as everyone else, big platooner or they play low tiers.

So if i would like to help to bring up my stats i should play more in high tier platoons?

Also for one day i played nothing but my indien pz and get about 1.5k to 3k damage a game and my resent WN8 went down any ideas?

Insert comments about my shitty stats here 

As someone who has always had better colors of WR than WNx, I've thought about this alot.

(overall JUST became similar colored when I ticked up to 1600, but is about to be dissimilar very soon when WR gets to 56%)

There are a lot of things I do that speak to caring more about winning.  Perhaps you do some of them as well?

• If the game is lost, I stop caring as much.  I don't see a reason to farm useless damage unless there is still a sliver a hope.
  • If the game is won, I stop caring as much.  I'll run around to get damage and kills, but not tenaciously so.
  • If there are two routes to an enemy, and I'm in a 2vs1 situation, I'll go the long way to make sure we go different ways and get a proper flank.  This often results in missing out on damage and kills.  
  • If capping is the most reliable route to victory, I'll do it.  
  • I try to get the momentum snowball rolling towards victory as early as possible.  I often take early damage or even die trying to give my team an advantage
  • I like to go back to base to ensure we don't lose a won game to a cap.  I often find myself there alone, as the enemy didn't try to cap.  
  • I pubbie whisper.  Alot.  You don't get WN8 by encouraging teammates to avoid beaches and valleys.  
  • I'm happy to be a distraction while my teammates get damage.  
  • I like sharing damage and saving allies.  
  • I use the 'T' key.  Alot.  It's great for team kills, but less good for personal kills.  
  • I like spotting and tracking to help teammates maul opponents.  If I can't track AND damage a guy, I'll happily just track him if he keeps taking damage.  
  • Read the first line of my signature.  I'm just not that good with a mouse and keyboard, and my reflexes are poor.  I miss lots of simple shots.  I've suggested a strategy, volunteered to lead it, gotten mauled, but still allowed my team to win a stuck position.  For instance, on Prok on the 0 line.  A great way to win the game when you have an overmatch on the 0 line is to push all your tanks over the hill at once onto the enemy.  I like organizing and leading that, making sure everyone is on board, and then smashing the enemies on the other side together.  Once we get into that situation, I'm out of my element, as quickly moving tanks are hard for me to hit.  The whole "conduct the lemming train" thing often means being out front, even if i'm not in a heavy.  Heck, I'll conduct the lemming train from a light tank if necessary.  
  • I have a long history of playing games where winning is the only thing that matters, and resignation of a lost game is seen as respectful, since it stops wasting everyone's time. Some examples are Go, Chess, Magic, and even some team sports like Curling.  If you want to annoy someone on a Go server, just keep playing well after you've lost.  It would actually take a philosophical change for me to care more about other stats as much as winning.  
  • Honestly, I've never been in a hurry to throw away XVM camo.  I don't really care what people think of me.  I just want to actually be better.  

Playing a lot of premium tanks also drags WN8 down. Many premium tanks have higher expected dmg values even if the tanks themselves are not as good as their same-tier regular counterparts. That's a flaw in WN8 values; they are not down to how good a tank is, but to how much dmg the average user is doing in them.

And higher tier premiums are more often played by better players than their regular counterparts, so the avg dmg is higher. And consequently, as the tanks are usually weaker than normal tanks, doing dmg in them is actually more difficult than with regular tanks. 

I learned the basics of this game by playing the Pz. S35 and although my win rate in it was soon 55%+, my WN8 was only 1500-ish. Because of all the seal clubbers that play the tank giving it high expected dmg values. Even now, with 66% win rate in the thing that only corresponds to 2000 WN8. Honestly, I only play it to train crews...