Deusmortis

Ships stuff (including beta access) in humble bundle

*basic ship controls/keys/movement should be in the tutorial iirc. didn't play it though*

Tedster's "how to AP" guide <- (Mostly for BBs, AKA Battleships, though)

Quaffer's Lert-style basics

*Shameless self promotion*

Extensive guides to utilizing mid to high tier CVs (some tips can be applied to low tiers, e.x. ability to chance angle of attack)

Fighter-heavy <- tier 6+ when monoplanes are introduced

Bomber-heavy <- A few tips can be utilized at tier 4, namely aiming and "R" key caution)

Reading time!

Reading time!

Deja vu moment, like when you first decided to start improving in WoT? :P

I actually recommend playing the tutorial first + getting some Co-op games in before reading. It'll make some of the explanations a lot easier to understand.

Deja vu moment, like when you first decided to start improving in WoT? :P

I actually recommend playing the tutorial first + getting some Co-op games in before reading. It'll make some of the explanations a lot easier to understand.

More just more resources to improve. I'd already been gleaning some study guides/tutorials from the official boards, but always glad to see advice from WoTLabs, which I'd not been able to trip across yet for WoWS.

Also, I am ashamed of my barely +50% WR.

Please halp.

Also, DD's are love, DD's are life.

More just more resources to improve. I'd already been gleaning some study guides/tutorials from the official boards, but always glad to see advice from WoTLabs, which I'd not been able to trip across yet for WoWS.

Please halp.

Play cruisers

wreck shit

http://worldofwarships.com/cbt/accounts/1004425807-Fog_Carrier_Shoukaku/#!pvp

profit.

Speaking of DDs, have you been torped by a squadron from a USN CV/multiple squadrons from a IJN CV in one yet?

Please halp.

I made a video on DDs, but I'm thinking of revising my guides and doing things one by one (ex. one video on USN DDs and another on IJN DDs).

Play cruisers

wreck shit

http://worldofwarships.com/cbt/accounts/1004425807-Fog_Carrier_Shoukaku/#!pvp

profit.

Speaking of DDs, have you been torped by a squadron from a USN CV/multiple squadrons from a IJN CV in one yet?

You mean farm the Iwaki Alpha right? :P

Check out my battleship guides in the how2carry thread or Ted's BB replay packs for gud bb play. We both have a c. 62% WR in our BBs. Ex has good videos on DDs and jinxed wrote some good posts on them but I've not seen him in a while. 

Murmansk is on the border of really good and OP. St. Louis amount of guns, torpedoes with 8km range, goes as fast and turns nearly as fast as a DD.

Only downside is that it's a bit squishy.

Murmansk is on the border of really good and OP. St. Louis amount of guns, torpedoes with 8km range, goes as fast and turns nearly as fast as a DD.

Only downside is that it's a bit squishy.

Played my first game in it last night. Quite the fun little ship.

I find them hilariously squishy. Big citadel and no armor. Then again I've mainly sailed battleships against them since 3.1 so...

*basic ship controls/keys/movement should be in the tutorial iirc. didn't play it though*

Tedster's "how to AP" guide <- (Mostly for BBs, AKA Battleships, though)

Quaffer's Lert-style basics

*Shameless self promotion*

Extensive guides to utilizing mid to high tier CVs (some tips can be applied to low tiers, e.x. ability to change angle of attack)

Fighter-heavy <- tier 6+ when monoplanes are introduced

Bomber-heavy <- A few tips can be utilized at tier 4, namely aiming and "R" key caution)

Is it possible that between Flametz, Tedster and Deus that you guys could put together a stickied /locked thread that has a single location for all the guides and info for WoWs?  I am closing in on 200 regular battles, and I keep finding out new things everyday by accident.  I prefer to learn things in a more controlled environment, like calmly reading how to do something and perhaps watching a video ( ExesGo's are nice ) to reinforce the concepts.  My son showed me the other day how to set up and auto attack with torp/db and then slide the attack vectors around the circle to change the attack point - I was like DAMN - that is a good idea.  I then showed him how to use the alt key for manual attacks ( which I still don't entirely get - so I use auto ) and he was like DAMN - I didn't know that.  I would love to know how to run a training room - if that is even available for non super testers, but I am not swimming in the open cesspit of the main forums to hunt that down, the ".7km torpedo drop is RUINING THE GAME" activist guy might go full postal on me.

tl;dr Newer players could use a one stop resource from the experienced players here.

Murmansk is like a mini Cleveland with torps.  First game, ran up ~115k damage, despite not hitting a single torp.  

_Goliard, Cleveland plays somewhat similar.  No torps, and less agile.  But a bit tougher.  Both feature hilarious gun spam.  Omaha is essentially the same ship, with shorter ranged torps.  Iwaki Alpha is somewhat similar, but if you don't already have one, you aren't getting one.  

As for centralized guides location...  I'll look into it.  I've been massively busy lately, and it doesn't look to be letting up soon.  Might have time next week.  Otherwise, my vacation starts the week after, and 5 weeks of travel the week after that.  If people want to assemble a list of the best guides and send that to me, I can move/sticky them.

Also, a lot of things are changing constantly, so some guides may not hold up well over time.

I just love the insane range a good accuracy on the Murmansk. 14.8 km at tier 5 on a cruiser? Yes, please. Just stay further than 10km away from stuff and you're golden.

Haven't had much chance or reason to use the torps yet but the entire ship seems like a straight upgrade over the Omaha.

I got the Murmansk from the Humble Bundle as well, and I was surprised when I saw the Russian torps on it. Normally Wargaming's mantra with tanks has been that the Premium tank will be worse than the elite-ted version of the same tank in game, the Murmansk blows away that rule.  The gun layout is kinda neat too, you can get good forward firing rates by a slight angle of your ship to the target.

I got the Murmansk from the Humble Bundle as well, and I was surprised when I saw the Russian torps on it. Normally Wargaming's mantra with tanks has been that the Premium tank will be worse than the elite-ted version of the same tank in game, the Murmansk blows away that rule.  The gun layout is kinda neat too, you can get good forward firing rates by a slight angle of your ship to the target.

WG already did away with the "prem vehicles worse than normal vehicles" a couple months ago.

The tank? Cromwell B, better than the normal Cromwell in almost every category.

Yo!  WG is coin operated!

Yeah, I bought the Cromwell B myself, and it's everything the old Cromwell was plus tier 6 stronk credit mastery.

On an unrelated note, Match making in WoWs is an interesting affair to say the least.  I have been in some wacky matches today, some of them patently unwinnable given average ability of all the players involved.  One side had the tier 7 IJN Carrier plus an Iowa on top versus a tier 6 IJN carrier and a tier 5 American carrier.  I am hoping it will make more sense once the servers are more heavily populated and MM has a bigger sample of ships to select.

Edit:  I can't believe I spent my entire childhood killing "japs" in our make believe soldier games, and now I am incredibly embarrassed to use that term in a post.  PC for the win .....

Ok I have still one invite code and one Bonus Code. Since it is NA only i can not activate it on EU. And since I am a generous person I will share. Write me if you want one.

If you could, I would love to use that code

Edit.. I was wrong.. WG fucked us.

FYI, you'll need to re-enter your bonus code to get your Murmansk back in your garage after the Closed Beta wipe today.

Edited by engineered

FYI, you'll need to re-enter your bonus code to get your Murmansk back in your garage after the Closed Beta wipe today.

did you get yours back?  I tried and have yet to see mine.  I have poked WGNA employees over this, so hopefully it gets sorted out.

Wargaming originally said you would get it back. Humble Bundle has updated their website saying your wouldn't. (Of course that is after you gave them money) Now Wargaming is saying you don't. Unfortunately they did not remove the post from facebook where they said it would be returned. So, it is a bigger goat rodeo then even the EU guys have to deal with.

did you get yours back?  I tried and have yet to see mine.  I have poked WGNA employees over this, so hopefully it gets sorted out.

No, was too quick to share what I read before trying myself.