TrOplcThUnDeR

What impresses you the most/ makes you think "damn this dude is gud@tonks"

So I got to wondering what makes me marvel at a person in WOT. As in, what makes me think "this dude is beast at tanks" more than anything else. There is high wn8 (players like Mort and Luna) High win rate (Garbad). Granted, there are players with higher wn8 than say Luna. Near 6k. However, that is very very few. I find personally t10 MOE is what makes me think damn this person is good. If someone has like, 3 marks in most of their T10s, I marvel at their skill. Hell, even 5 t10s. My reasoning for this is simple, looking at overall stats is dumb in a tank. Since well, for all you know, they could have gotten that thing a while back. Win rate? Eh platooning. Or even some luck getting carried. Wn8? Easily padded. Light tanks. Pref t8s. Etc. 

MOE are assisted and done. At t10, it becomes extremely hard to get 3. 4.5k or so avg in most mediums? That's mad skill. If you can do that I assume you can pad to 5k in certain tanks if you choose. Anyways, I was wondering what people look at or what makes people think a person is bad ass at tanks. Granted, I think high win rate and high wn8 is also bad ass. However, what is the ultimate telling of skill. 

If someone has three marks on a Tier 10 and a very good DPG then that impresses me. Same goes for someone who has a high winrate in most of his/her tanks and a 65%< overall WR (hell even 60%)

The tier ten marks of excellence, and generally because I don't look at stats, how they play their tanks, it is amazing how differently they execute a win or a flank than I would, and do it 100 times better and more efficiently, so I guess their intrinsic skill that makes them fun to watch and learn from, like watching Messi play soccer.

(yay im famous)

I don't really pay too much attention to overall dpg stats, because a lot of people have tanks they got years ago that they still enjoy and are now very good at, but have bad stats in due to their learning curve. (my is7/e5 have 3 marks, but <3k overall)

Personally I view MoE's as a persons ability to influence matches, because I'd assume it is nearly impossible to get the required summed dpg from sitting back and sniping all game, whereas a front line player will always be getting more assistance damage and opportunities for personal damage. Winrate wise, I am rather biased because I do most of my games platooned, but I expect people to have 

From a more personal perspective, I really value having an extremely high mechanical/pschological ability to be able to outplay opponents at close range. (ie perfect shot baiting, never bouncing crucial shots) Good brawling skills can get you out of a ton of situations in which you can easily die in, or even just make you survive a bit longer to put 1-3 more shells in.

3. MoE @ tier X

3rd MoE on tier X tanks coupled with high winrates. MoE on tier X tanks are much more difficult than lower tier MoE - if someone is able to get 3 MoE on a tier X med/heavy/td while sporting a >70% winrate, I am really impressed.

2. Consistency

If a platoon member is consistently performing well, always getting the crucial tracking shot, always getting the important kill shot that saves another teammate or kills the enemy top tier tank. If he/she is constantly aware of what is going on and just doesn't have retarded derp & fail moments, then I know that there is a very good player. Every blue (like myself) is capable of eventually getting purple wn8 by just playing enough battles and will have many great games but what differentiates the true unica from the rest is the absence of sh*ttr games where u deal 1500 damage in a tier X tank.

1. Creativity, superior situational awareness

Some players I have played with so far appear to be able to see gaps in enemy lines I can only detect minutes later, are able to predict the flow of the battle much further ahead and with much less information than I can. That's what impresses me the most because it's the true skill: Consistency is also a matter of discipline, MoE also a matter of willingness to sprem, good reaction times and also discipline but in my eyes the core skill in WoT lies in situational awareness and ability to think ahead and judge situations.
I can think of 3 platoon mates in 26k battles that constantly surprise me. E.g. on Fisherman's Bay where I suddenly realized that my platoon mate had pushed right through enemy lines with his E25 coz he identified a vision gap literally a minute into the game which he then immediately exploited ruthlessly by killing them from behind while I was still chilling on the middle ridge in a standard E25 position. Everyone has occasional moments of genius but some (few) seem to have them again and again and again.

I can think of 3 platoon mates in 26k battles that constantly surprise me. E.g. on Fisherman's Bay where I suddenly realized that my platoon mate had pushed right through enemy lines with his E25 coz he identified a vision gap literally a minute into the game which he then immediately exploited ruthlessly by killing them from behind while I was still chilling on the middle ridge in a standard E25 position. Everyone has occasional moments of genius but some (few) seem to have them again and again and again.

*cough cough* BPX *cough cough*

I judge on the fly, I don't really care either because it's only my platoonmates I expect to perform. However if I see someone with three marks I know that they know their shit, but I won't rely on them because their plays might disagree with mine

As a teal shitter I'm probably easily impressed.

By stats:

• 3 MoE on just 1 tank is impressive. I only got 2 MoE on 2 tanks.
  • Around 3k recent -> That's so far above my level, so what can I say. My best sessions has been ~2.8k, although the last month I've played much worse.

By mechanics:

To be honest most people with ~2k recent can impress me. Most players have at least many parts of their play that's superior to mine.

Then there's people like rirarumpel. Yesterday I tooned with rirarumpel and there were a game on Live Oaks (I derped and died with 0 dmg, fml) and rira were just abusing the KV-5 against pubbies and trolling the living shit out of them. I know I can't use mechanics on that level while not tunneling. It's  was impressive and inspiring.

By knowledge:

I'm more seldom impressed by knowledge, even if my own is sometimes severely lacking. Knowledge don't have the same skill cap as mechanics and awareness - with a little effort it comes with experience.

Kewei. Seen this fucker in the wild 3 times now. Once in the E1- I was pushing a flank like a mofo beast, notice this E1 chowing down on my team, I think "oh, better remove him" so I shoot him. He points his gun at me, I can see him think "this fucker knows I'm farming" then he clipped me (I was at 1200 in my M46). He did 6k damage.

Then I saw him again in the 416 (one of those Russian tanks anyway) on Stalingrad, he was on my team and I followed him (didn't realise it was him at the time) and he ripped everyone to fucking shreds. He did 5.6k and I think I leeched 3k just from being around the opportunities he creates.

Then I saw him in the M forty fucking six. Idek. I played my flank like a boss with an E100 and we killed like 5 guys together, then I check the minimap and realise that we are losing 11-5, im like wtf, then look at the team lists....kewei...

Farmed my team for 7k

Fucking wot m8.

(but yeah kewei is a god)

EmbryonicJourney streaming on twitch. Have watched lot of different famous twitch streamers (both EU and NA) but EJ is only one who really impressed me.

Not looking stats too much, I know from personal experience that time of day and server makes huge difference about how "farmable" opponents are. So someone doing huge stats can either be really really good, or just good player farming easy server during easy time of day.

Anyone with an Obj260, but that might just be my frustration talking. Anyone who plays a tank I struggle in especially well.

3 MoE on difficult tanks. 100% MoE on any tank.

Personally I'm really impressed by players that can manage ultra-high DPG in slow/low DPM tanks like the IS-4. That level of play is really just beyond my understanding of the game.

On a different level, I'm impressed by people that can play at even a semi-high level without verbally tilting or sperging out when they get hit hit by arty or have a bad game. People that can calmly say "I'm just not playing well, I'm going to turn the game off" rather than ragetanking and yelling or blogging in TS causing people to mute/leave channel. I don't really care about this game competitively so those are the people I want to platoon with or be in a TS channel with.

You have 3 types of players in this game.

1. High WN8 but low WR (good at farming but they suck at winning).

2. Low WN8 but high WR (good at winning but have a hard time farming).

Both are great players and thats a good thing but we also have 3. High WN8 and high WR (perfect player).

Now yeah wn8 easy to pad and wr platoon easy to pad but still no matter what you still need skills to have both or at least one of them.

You play E50 or T54 wow what a padder or you just platoon easy WR ,well why dont you try do what they do and see how far away you are from their level of skill. (Hope me english makes sense lol). ;)

People who just baffle me with their high win rates and high DPG tanks (Smylee) are people I consider superb.  I have to see them play under any and all conditions though to consider a player really damn gud@tonks, not some random replays that say "hey I just did 9k damage and got a pool's medal waddup brah"

Due to this, I bet I'm missing out on some really neat hidden gems.  

If you look for what impresses the forum about tankers...

Ohhhh a transgender thread... Surely there will be intresting replies.

"Bewbs?" "Bewb pic?" "Bewbs plz?" - Anyone notice a pattern?

True story:

TL; DR: Numbers impress, pics impress more.

If you look for what impresses the forum about tankers...

Ohhhh a transgender thread... Surely there will be intresting replies.

"Bewbs?" "Bewb pic?" "Bewbs plz?" - Anyone notice a pattern?

True story:

TL; DR: Numbers impress, pics impress more.

Died laughing.

Personally I'm really impressed by players that can manage ultra-high DPG in slow/low DPM tanks like the IS-4. That level of play is really just beyond my understanding of the game.

On a different level, I'm impressed by people that can play at even a semi-high level without verbally tilting or sperging out when they get hit hit by arty or have a bad game. People that can calmly say "I'm just not playing well, I'm going to turn the game off" rather than ragetanking and yelling or blogging in TS causing people to mute/leave channel. I don't really care about this game competitively so those are the people I want to platoon with or be in a TS channel with.

Im impressed with the guys who steal over 200k gold and still have the balls to post in a forum with ppl that hate him

But actually the thing that impresses me is when someone is good yet doesn't act like they are the best