Mixed bag, many good changes:

- overall a gold ammo nerf

- buff of some poor shitter guns (like VK-a getting a pen buff and T32)

- good rebalanced of many tanks (like STB, massive gun handling buff and some less pen)

- many more small improvements

Also stupid nerfs / buffs, like nerfing normal pen while keeping the gold rounds just as OP as they where...

But all in all it should be ok, KV4 with 287 APCR pen was always a bit silly, and so are there more....

ps: i hope WG nerfs T54 heat a bit more and improves gun handling of the other gun instead, with 226 AP it has the penetration, all it now lacks is gun handling

They won't do it.

War Gaming doesn't have the balls.  They threatened to do it last patch but when the huge as fuck backlash came from the RU and EU servers on the forums they backed off.

They know the instant they do this they will most likely kill the game, and everyone will just transfer to AW or War Thunder.

Glanced over the changes - look pretty good TBH. Like the handling buffs for the meds.

The handling buff for STB seems huge in particular for how little pen it's losing.

APCR/AP nerfs to tier 10 mediums seem to be excessive, going down to around 230-240mm which is pretty poor for tier 10, which means that gold will be used quite a bit more, the gun handling buffs are nice, although I'm not sure the 140/62A need a 25%/20% reduction respectively on track dispersion. Gold should have been hit much harder in my opinion, with less of a reduction to the base rounds.

Honestly though, I'm not sure I expect WG to follow through with it, isn't this about the third time they have said they are nerfing pen values?

Obj 907 not listed in changes. Confirmed new #1 tank in game.

(also rip E50 apcr. 270->240 will kill it)

E50 will get 260 APCR (it are different shells, in name, cost and penetration drop values)

Holy shit, wtf, idk if I should be ecstatic or sad:

121:

• Dispersion on the move of the 121 suspension reduced by 14%
  • Dispersion on hull traverse of the 121 suspension reduced by 14%
  • Aiming time of the 122 mm 60-122TG gun for the 121 turret reduced from 2.7 to 2.3 s.
  • Reload time of the 122 mm 60-122TG gun for the 121 turret reduced from 9.6 to 9.3 s.
  • Dispersion on turret traverse of the 122 mm 60-122TG gun reduced by 14%.
  • Penetration of the Chuan bei-472 shell for the 122 mm 60-122TG gun reduced from 258 to 235 mm.
  • Penetration of the Po-122 shell for the 122 mm 60-122TG gun reduced from 340 to 320 mm.

Jesus fuck, 235mm... but the HEAT isn't too kill so wao.

Not to mention... 2.7 to 2.3... 9.6 to 9.3... Disp reduced all over by 14%...

0/u/0

The nerfs to medium pen seems a bit excessive, especially dropping the Russian wedges to 232. Some of the lower plates that are now fairly safe to aim for with APCR become a coin flip when straight on and a waste of time with just a bit of angling. As others have mentioned, people will simply stop trying to shoot at weakspots and just load gold if it's not convenient to flank.

On the plus side, I'm sure I will enjoy the STB changes. The pen is still reasonably workable, and the gun handling buff should help it a lot.

Penetration of the OCC-105-F1 shell for the 105 mm mle.  F1 gun increased from 320 to 330 mm.

AMX30 mediums got their gold shells BUFFED. So funny. :D

Let's be honest -- as things stand now, t10 mediums have sufficient pen on their standard rounds that there's really no reason fire HEAT at anything other than the front of a high-armored HT or TD.  Of course WG is overnerfing them because, well, Wargaming... but it's a move in the right direction IMO.

Also, inb4 return to 2011-era HT meta.

This is looking pretty fucking good. Have this patch known as the "effective DPM buff" and not the "med pen nerf" patch. I mean, even though I can spam gold happily thanks to stronks, I know where to aim and accuracy has been increased overall and DPM buffs look good... The people who can't adapt to using the right ammo will get screwed by this.

Just another bunch of changes that no-one asked for, other than some of the gold changes. Some of this stuff is simply idiotic - why buff amx medium gold pen when everything else is being nerfed?

If anything these pen "nerfs" have made mediums even more dangerous. They aim faster, are more accurate on the move and premium penetration is still sufficient to punch though everything. Obviously the IS-7 got a LFP buff... (on the other hand, in the test notes for the eu server, IS-3 is listed twice with no mention of the IS-7)