That rather depends on the vehicle. A Leopard's armor is unlikely to turn any significantly larger number of rounds with this change, yet its damage output will be curtailed somewhat.

I don't have a leopard.

For the tanks in my garage, I'm not seeing an issue with this patch.

Are these changes confirmed to be 9.9? I thought it was just a test ala the mobility test they had a few patches ago. I wouldn't be surprised if WG decides to wait a bit and collect feedback before going through with it all. Besides, this was the first iteration of the test. Things can (and hopefully will) change before full release.

Yes? I assumed you grouped them up with all the other tanks that used the M68 or D-54TS rather than individually checking them, because last time I saw ganemodels3d wasn't listing changes for them.

If they are having their pen nerfed, do they get any compensatory soft stat buffs?

Your member title should be changed to: "Does Not Read Thread...or Patch Notes"

Are these changes confirmed to be 9.9? I thought it was just a test ala the mobility test they had a few patches ago. I wouldn't be surprised if WG decides to wait a bit and collect feedback before going through with it all. Besides, this was the first iteration of the test. Things can (and hopefully will) change before full release.

They are not, it's entirely possible these don't make it to 9.9.

These changes bode well for the mobile bunker Japanese heavies :doge:

Did you read the patch notes? I see zero mentions of any reward tanks.

There's no mention of the T30's 155mm, yet there it is.

When have Wargaming's patch notes ever been complete or reliable?

Could you please use common sense then? Can you even imagine the shit storm in the forum if these tanks stay unchanged?  People are already butthurt because good players got these tanks for free. If these would stay on the old stats while all the other tanks will get changed, they go totally nuts. 

Letting them on the old stats would make no sense at all keeping balancing in mind. 

in addition to what the others said, WG has stated in the past that reward tanks are fair game when it comes to rebalancing stats. The only tanks that WG won't nerf (without offering refunds a la Super Pershing) are premium tanks bought with real money.

Foch will become OP again

You did not just seriously type that...

40mm side armor with extremely easy to hit and very poor weakspots. OP. Right.

How is E50 nerfed? All that it looses is a bit of prem pen, and thats it, in return it gains a massive armor boost (UFP will become as strong as current E75 UFP, GG)

T54e1 on the other hand, o boy its future APCR will be as worthless as its current AP xD

If Wg really implements these changes, the meta shift caused by this is as massive as gold ammo for credits of 8.0, patch 8.0 made a whole bunch of tanks instand obsolete (maus, IS7, IS4, Ferdinand, VK-P (it was useless, it become totally worthless) while others became insane OP (Su-152, T-54, M4, Vk28 etc etc etc)

These changes reverse this, E75 will become the new all wrecking god of destruction, Foch will become OP again (its armor is 280mm effecitve vs AP, 300 vs APCR and 315 vs HEAT, thats enough to bounce essential anything except some high pen HEAT, even E3 gold ammo wont pen that...) so if a foch keeps distance, it will be stupid hard to kill

E-50 is getting a sprem pen nerf (EDIT: Am referring to rmours of a drop-off nerf), and that's enough for a lot of people reliant on APCR... i.e. not including people like me (played it as my first Tier 9 med save the 54E1, shot all AP, did pretty bad given its strength... then agian it was tolerable enough to not use any free XP on so that might be why... haven't gone back since due to more lines... or now a WoT break). About the E-50... I did not hear about this armour buff. Isn't it already 150 @ 60 compared to E-75 160 @ 60? Oh, you mean the sort of stuff that'll bounce off i.e. all enemy meds... aye but the turret will still be paper.

About Foch...Keep distance... On current maps... With that horribly derpy gun (even the Tier 9 is asinine)... O rly?

Edited by Guardian54

Funnily enough, a clan mate with the Object 907 is waiting for this "pen nerf" to happen so his tank will become, in his own words, "OP as fuck".

Tried to explain to him that because it's a reward tank, NOT a premium tank, it can and will get nerfed, because it was given for free, not bought for money. The denial in him was strong.

Also found out he got carried to get his reward tank, so double lel at him unable to pull his weight to get it himself. This player is a dark green as well. I fear for the future of WoT.

Edited by FreddBoy
Spelling is hard

I'm not worried.

Nerf meds to the ground? No problems comrade, I can play heaviums even better! And those tier 9+ TDs are still waiting for me to buy them all. :)

E-50 is getting a sprem pen nerf, and that's enough for a lot of people reliant on APCR... i.e. not including people like me (played it as my first Tier 9 med save the 54E1, shot all AP, did pretty bad given its strength... then agian it was tolerable enough to not use any free XP on so that might be why... haven't gone back since due to more lines... or now a WoT break). About the E-50... I did not hear about this armour buff. Isn't it already 150 @ 60 compared to E-75 160 @ 60? Oh, you mean the sort of stuff that'll bounce off i.e. all enemy meds... aye but the turret will still be paper.

About Foch...Keep distance... On current maps... With that horribly derpy gun (even the Tier 9 is asinine)... O rly?

E50 sprem nerf ist only minimal. Just 10mm less for APCR is almost nothing.

And E50 Armor gets buffed indirect when all the pen of his direct opponents will get nerfed. Simple as that.

E50 sprem nerf ist only minimal. Just 10mm less for APCR is almost nothing.

What's this I heard about a drop-off nerf then?

T9 premium APCR amo had always this massive pen loss on distance. Nothing rly new here.

The drop off thing fucks the T10 meds which had special stats, T9s always had to deal with it. At 500m E50 sprem is now better than E50 normal amo..

You did not just seriously type that...

40mm side armor with extremely easy to hit and very poor weakspots. OP. Right.

The Foch, not Foch-155 ^^ (Foch is atm also damm good, and we before the armor nerf the best t9 td, right after T30)

Its weakspots are fairly small, and not that easy to hit (the t-thing is big, but has no hitbox parts)

Foch should be seen (and played) as a turretless heavy tank (with medium-tank-like-speed and camo), it has afterall armor as though as E75 and a gun even better as Conqueror

E-50 is getting a sprem pen nerf (EDIT: Am referring to rmours of a drop-off nerf), and that's enough for a lot of people reliant on APCR... i.e. not including people like me (played it as my first Tier 9 med save the 54E1, shot all AP, did pretty bad given its strength... then agian it was tolerable enough to not use any free XP on so that might be why... haven't gone back since due to more lines... or now a WoT break). About the E-50... I did not hear about this armour buff. Isn't it already 150 @ 60 compared to E-75 160 @ 60? Oh, you mean the sort of stuff that'll bounce off i.e. all enemy meds... aye but the turret will still be paper.

E50 with 95% AP is still best tier 9 med, so not much will change here, and with 150mm @ 60 deg, thats 300mm vs HEAT and 262 vs AP and 283 vs APCR, so atm many high pen tanks can still pen the UFP, but after this patch? St-1, T30, Conq, they will all need a high penetration roll, or a gold shell. Same 310 pen HEAT will bounce ~40% of the time against 300mm effective armor, with some minot angling and suchs its 50/50

So that (should) be a ``measurable`` armor increase.

In regards to Foch, its gun handling is better as 704, Wtf-P4 or SU-122, so its not that bad, Mle 48 and Foch-155 are ghetto in this regard, but Foch not that much (especially if you train snap shot, which works best on tanks with high bloom on moving the gun while the rest (base accuracy) is good)

The Foch, not Foch-155 ^^ (Foch is atm also damm good, and we before the armor nerf the best t9 td, right after T30)

In regards to Foch, its gun handling is better as 704, Wtf-P4 or SU-122, so its not that bad, Mle 48 and Foch-155 are ghetto in this regard, but Foch not that much (especially if you train snap shot, which works best on tanks with high bloom on moving the gun while the rest (base accuracy) is good)

Both Foch and Foch 155 had engine + side/roof/rear armor nerfed.

Also, Foch gun handling is still shit considering its narrow gun arc and unimpressive alpha dmg (400????)

Both Foch and Foch 155 had engine + side/roof/rear armor nerfed.

Also, Foch gun handling is still shit considering its narrow gun arc and unimpressive alpha dmg (400????)

Gun arc is 10/10, thats 1 deg less as T95 (11/10) equal to JT (10/10) a bit worse as 704 (11/11) and better as SU-122-54 (8/8)

The alpha dmg is low, but give the role of foch, sniping or head on brawling, its no problem, its still 400 alpha, thats equal to M103 / Conq, except Foch has better accuracy and reloads way way faster

Foch is one of the most underrated tanks of wot, after the armor nerf its perhaps a bit justified, but before the armor nerf, it would hands down murder kill any tier 9 td except T30, and it was imo tier for tier much, much better as Foch-155, which was an incredible dull, lame and boring one-trick pony.... (the armor works much better on tier 9 and the tier 9 version is faster, because reasons WG and yolo)

Annnnnd the spreadsheet hit Wotleaks. Still can't really understand what's going on, but at least Google Translate gave me this.

GmFOyep.png

Makes me sad because the Leo is my best tank :c

I still can't get over how fucked up the leo is. Of course, provided these changes are real and actually hit live servers.

Edited by fabriciohss