Welp. This happened. http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/06/23062015-q.html

Q: "Why did you not inform players of massive penetration nerf at 500 meters?!" 

A: "Everywhere I look, it's (whine about) 'no respect to players' - it's some sort of mania. We fucked up and you are immediately looking for malice."

AreYouSeriousRightNow.jpg 

I believe Rita's translation on that one may be a bit off.  I'm pretty sure what they meant to say in their answer was: "We would have gotten away with it if it weren't for that meddling robot."

I believe Rita's translation on that one may be a bit off.  I'm pretty sure what they meant to say in their answer was: "We would have gotten away with it if it weren't for that meddling robot."

CatManicLaughter.gif

Edited by StranaMechty

Well at least the nerf will just fuck the game completly but not buff HEAT to stupid levels. It's SOMETHING.

Wow Asuka looks different from her original ochre hair look (from screenshots of the anime, I cannot remember her original eye colour, have not read any coloured doujins yet, and since I never watched NGE Iw ould not knwo from there either :P OTOH some of the non-H doujins are hilariously good to the point that it beats the original plot and character developments, according to the commenters)

Gehake asked me about the E-50 pen nerf thing... won't Tier 9 AP dropoff also get shafted this patch (even if not specifically mentioned? OTOH Foch gun handling is abysmally bad for such poor alpha, and it doesn't fire fast enough to make up for it (enemy backs around the ubiquitous cover/bump in the ground on these uneven-as-hell maps...), nor have enough pen really to make that stupidly long aim time/hul bloom combination work. The topside weakspots are considerable in size and the autopen sides versus the most common Tier 9s is annoying too.

It's probably because of the long history of no respect for players!

So the question is... Did strana catch them trying to pull a fast one, or did he do QC for then that they over looked. Either way good job Strana.

It's probably because of the long history of no respect for players!

So the question is... Did strana catch them trying to pull a fast one, or did he do QC for then that they over looked. Either way good job Strana.

Edit: Cannot into embedding in new forum.

Edited by StranaMechty

Sure, that makes sense. While they were changing the pen values of some shells they "accidentally" changed the distance pen values of practically every shell in the game all following the same general theme. Some one accidentally opened up the file for a score of pen values to change the value by 1-2 points for no reason whatsoever! They should have just said they were shitfaced all last week, we'd have bought that.

They were likely just testing the idea of reining in the impact of long range fire this way. They'll probably say "the mistake" was not mentioning the testing, which is pretty believable... but also a bit reminiscent of all the students who are "sick" the Friday before Spring Break. You would have to know the level of bitching would be doubled with a pen nerf AND a pen drop. The reason it's shifty is dropping pen drop over distance unannounced could easily get under the players' radar if it happened the same time as a general pen nerf. The ensuing bounce-a-thon would be explained by the nerf to base values, so you could make a major change under the cover of a moderate change.

I was a 100% sure that the pen drop over distance nerf was a evil WG conspiracy that our glorious Comrade Strana had uncovered until I remembered that this is the same company that fucked up the 62a turret for half a patch because someone "apparently" saved the wrong turret model to the wrong save file and who also gave us the missing hitbox floating turret 53/55 because...."whoopsie!!" 

Now I'm just 99% sure it's a WG conspiracy.

For some reason, I have to assume incompetence before evil calculation.  I just somehow can see them doing stupid shit accidentally; it's like clown car music is playing constantly at WG HQ.

For some reason, I have to assume incompetence before evil calculation.  I just somehow can see them doing stupid shit accidentally; it's like clown car music is playing constantly at WG HQ.

As someone who worked a lot in big companies. 99,99% stuff that looks like evil conspiracy is just incompetence. The bigger the company the more incompetent people it can hire since it can just thrive on it's size to not go bust (just look how long it took Kodak to go bust)

The Foch, not Foch-155 ^^ (Foch is atm also damm good, and we before the armor nerf the best t9 td, right after T30)

Its weakspots are fairly small, and not that easy to hit (the t-thing is big, but has no hitbox parts)

Foch should be seen (and played) as a turretless heavy tank (with medium-tank-like-speed and camo), it has afterall armor as though as E75 and a gun even better as Conqueror

Rangefinder (T-thing) is big weak spot as long as one shoots around middle of it, not end of tubes. Easy to hit and best spot to aim when too close to aim lower hull. Low front hull is weak spot, sides are huge weak spots. Top is really weak and big flat target for arties, I have had one-shot by arties too many times, even by Hummel. Sides are big and paper thin. Even that front armor extension wrapping gun barrel is weak spot if angling front armor. Foch very much is like 263, armor only works long range or against bad opponents.

Well at least nerfing the pen values and pen values over distance only completely fucks the Leo 1 in the ass. Better starting brawling with all that armor.

They just really want all of us to play the game drunk. I get waay too agressive after the 3rd beer.

Rangefinder (T-thing) is big weak spot as long as one shoots around middle of it, not end of tubes. Easy to hit and best spot to aim when too close to aim lower hull. Low front hull is weak spot, sides are huge weak spots. Top is really weak and big flat target for arties, I have had one-shot by arties too many times, even by Hummel. Sides are big and paper thin. Even that front armor extension wrapping gun barrel is weak spot if angling front armor. Foch very much is like 263, armor only works long range or against bad opponents.

The machine gun bulb and the T-bar are weakspots (especially the machine gun bulb), however since the t-bar is partially 180mm and about 50% emtpy, its much thougher as it looks (like E5 turret hatch, it will bounce 50% of the shells shot at it, making it damm annoying and not much of a weakspot, killing an E5 with hatch shots takes more time as an E100 with HEAT @ turret face...) LFP is fairly hard to hit (and barely gets shot). the lowerr part of the UFP is different, its still 180mm @ 50 deg, but due to gun depression / normalisation the effectice armor is not that stellar, however, if WG will really nerf as this test server, its entire ufp will be 100% immuum vs all tank shells and most all TDs shells, except tier 10 tds and BL-10.

Gold ammo will depend mostly on range, on long range APCR wont pen UFP either, even E3 gold ammo will strugle, while HEAT will only reliable pen if the penetration is more as ~310-320, again making it fairly strong against most tanks

These changes are not a buff to the weakspot, but to the overall armor, and thats exactly whats atm the problem, its no reliable enough, after this change you can just sit @ 400m and be fairly sure nothing will penetrate you except luck shots and some high tier tds (at this moment almost any high tier tank can just load gold and RIP, and stuff like E4 can penetrate you with AP, yolo)

EDIT: And thse changes are on purpose, look at T32 penetration, the extra penetration it gets matches perfect with the extra drop off, so the effectice penetration stays the same... At best this was an idea and was scrapped and put back on accident, but the numbers choses and are chosen on purpose....

Edited by GehakteMolen

after this change you can just sit @ 400m and be fairly sure nothing will penetrate you

And what pray may tell will you do at 400m away from targets, except staring at all the little ridges & bumps & hills & solid cover they spammed the maps with?

As it is right now, I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the locations where 400m firing lanes exist AND are relevant.

These changes are not a buff to the weakspot, but to the overall armor, and thats exactly whats atm the problem, its no reliable enough, after this change you can just sit @ 400m and be fairly sure nothing will penetrate you except luck shots and some high tier tds (at this moment almost any high tier tank can just load gold and RIP, and stuff like E4 can penetrate you with AP, yolo)

Current maps...

...400m lanes?

...Sire, you might want to cut back on the vodka.

Only the 3rd beer?

I stop drinking a much when I started working 9-5 but lately my liver is failing so I'm not playing drunk anymore :(

I stop drinking a much when I started working 9-5 but lately my liver is failing so I'm not playing drunk anymore :(

I can still be a young idiot, for now.

I can still be a young idiot, for now.

What do you think they pay me now? Exactly that!

Can a mod fix the misleading title of this thread already? The pen nerf is not coming in 9.9, it's on a separate test server mean for later patches.

Can a mod fix the misleading title of this thread already? The pen nerf is not coming in 9.9, it's on a separate test server mean for later patches.

Done

Edited by WaterWar

Foch should be seen (and played) as a turretless heavy tank (with medium-tank-like-speed and camo), it has afterall armor as though as E75 and a gun even better as Conqueror

What are you smoking?