After looking a bit more closer, its all fine, all they need to do is just nerfkill some gold shells, and its ok

These gun handling buffs are really going to make a massive difference on some tanks

ps: and given how terrible most people drive, even in head on corridors 90% of the shots is turret sides or side armor, this nerf will just force people to be a bit more creative.

ps ps: and im never bothers with E50 or M46 AP ammo 220 on tier 9 is enough, so 240 on tier 10 should also work fine...

How is it opposed to the real world? In the "real world" you grind credits for gold spam, either with premiums or stronks or whatever. Why should it be different for testing? I watched Sela spamming HE from his E100 because "it makes money", the next day he had a ton of money and someone asked on stream and he had sold his WTF100. If not even Sela can keep up with goldspamming why should it be given for free in the test?

In the "real world" you can just buy a gold/credit bundle and then proceed to not give a shit about anything else.

I generally like these with some odd ones pointing out but I'm afraid they won't do this because pubbietards and some decentards will rage about slight changes which could make gameplay better but fk that because muh tier 10 baby is getting a nerf boohoo.

Welp I'm just going to grind is-7/4 stb and m48. I don't see the point of playing other mediums since they can't flank in this shitty meta and have worse pen than some t8s.

I can totally see where this is theoretically headed: They want to bring more skill into the game with quicker aim times and worse penetration so that you have to aim for weakspots again.

Really like this, makes total sense.

I has the sads about gold rounds though, calling 10 mm a nerf is hilarious. I have no doubt we will see even more gold flying.

Wait, I just noticed this.

IS-8/ST-I:

• Penetration of the BR-472 shell for the 122 mm M62-T2 gun reduced from 258 to 240 mm.

Why the hell would they do this? Nerfing medium pen is one thing, but these are frontline heavies which face angled E-75s all the time. They *need* good pen to work.

I can totally see where this is theoretically headed: They want to bring more skill into the game with quicker aim times and worse penetration so that you have to aim for weakspots again. I would totally approve of all this if they wouldn't fuck the maps up recently by flattening them so that you can't flank...

The other thing is that I don't feel like this keeps the balance between the tanks. The STB for instance will profit massively of this (and might be the best T10 med after) whereas the 62A with already nonexistant dispersion won't benefit at all from this...

You give WG too much benefit of the doubt.

Wait, I just noticed this.

IS-8/ST-I:

• Penetration of the BR-472 shell for the 122 mm M62-T2 gun reduced from 258 to 240 mm.

Why the hell would they do this? Nerfing medium pen is one thing, but these are frontline heavies which face angled E-75s all the time. They *need* good pen to work.

You just answered your own question: They are frontline heavies, they will do ok with that pen at close range

Meds will just auto load gold now when they encounter an E100/Maus/etc. Now, most players will try and make that 268/264 pen work but with 240/230 it's gonna be "E100! *2**2*!". 

Rip meds

Rip armour

Rip credits

Rip economy

Rip game

121 IMPRESSIONS FROM TEST SERVER:

1. Arty is still complete shit, it took 3 games to get one that didn't have any arty, in all the other ones I lost atleast half my health before I could really do anything...

2. The AP is complete shit, it is literally worthless, if you're going to engage anything with armor you load HEAT or you get fucked. I really, REALLY don't like this, cause I use the AP alot and spamming HEAT will be expensive. 

3. The DPM and ability to place shots is complete bullshit and the HEAT will still punch through E-100 turret faces. The lower pen will eventually screw with you though but atleast its alleviated by the other changes mostly...

inb4 38 HEAT, 2 HE...

That, or I quit the game. This fucking AP pen is ghetto...

Nerfing medium base rounds is good.  I would prefer more like 245 meds, 260 heavy, 275 tds though instead of 240/260/280.  But medium APCR making money and autopenning everything was too much.

Buffing medium bloom is not a good thing.  It makes these tanks the only ones in WOT that don't have to worry about bloom, making them still the chosen gods of wot...especially with gold spam.  These tanks are already too good in this area, stop making them the only playable choice.

In any event, the problem WG SHOULD have fixed was 1) tier 10 medium base rounds are too effective and 2) gold spam is way too much.  Instead, WG decided to overnerf medium AP, especially in tier 9, and did nothing to fix the core issue -- gold spam.  What they should have done was leave tier 9 alone, nerf tier 10 medium APCR/AP pen by ~10, and then increase the price of gold rounds in tier 10 tanks.  If that wasn't enough, hard cap gold rounds.

All in all, a bad decision by WG.

Nerfing medium base rounds is good.  I would prefer more like 245 meds, 260 heavy, 275 tds though instead of 240/260/280.  But medium APCR making money and autopenning everything was too much.

Buffing medium bloom is not a good thing.  It makes these tanks the only ones in WOT that don't have to worry about bloom, making them still the chosen gods of wot...especially with gold spam.  These tanks are already too good in this area, stop making them the only playable choice.

In any event, the problem WG SHOULD have fixed was 1) tier 10 medium base rounds are too effective and 2) gold spam is way too much.  Instead, WG decided to overnerf medium AP, especially in tier 9, and did nothing to fix the core issue -- gold spam.  What they should have done was leave tier 9 alone, nerf tier 10 medium APCR/AP pen by ~10, and then increase the price of gold rounds in tier 10 tanks.  If that wasn't enough, hard cap gold rounds.

All in all, a bad decision by WG.

Hard capping and making gold rounds cost more are poor solutions, they leave the core issue alone. Gold rounds are too effective, making them cost more does not change the fact they are a straight upgrade. Nerf gold round damage, problem solved.

Wasnt the point to nerf gold rounds? It seems they nerfed standard rounds far more than gold rounds. Also I wonder if nerfing the tier 9s pen theywill keep the tier ten pen the same and just give it a new shell or just give those tens all decreased pen as well.

Wasnt the point to nerf gold rounds? It seems they nerfed standard rounds far more than gold rounds. Also I wonder if nerfing the tier 9s pen theywill keep the tier ten pen the same and just give it a new shell or just give those tens all decreased pen as well.

Because they did. They nerfed standard rounds roughly 30~ on average, and HEAT by ~20, for meds atleast.

Why are all the unica saying they will "leave the game" if these changes go through? Am I missing something, or was the complaint about vehicles that trade armour for speed being very weak due to prem round spam not one of the largest complaints in this game (ever since premium ammo became available for credits)?

Don't people here reminisce about the old days, when the only Tier 10s were the HTs and the game was a lot more fun because of this? I swear I read many posts explaining how having 1 or 2 "main bosses" in the forms of Tier 10 HTs with the rest of the tanks supporting them was the high-point of WoT gameplay and made for very enjoyable matches.

TL;DR Why is this change bad?

Why are all the unica saying they will "leave the game" if these changes go through? Am I missing something, or was the complaint about vehicles that trade armour for speed being very weak due to prem round spam not one of the largest complaints in this game (ever since premium ammo became available for credits)?

Don't people here reminisce about the old days, when the only Tier 10s were the HTs and the game was a lot more fun because of this? I swear I read many posts explaining how having 1 or 2 "main bosses" in the forms of Tier 10 HTs with the rest of the tanks supporting them was the high-point of WoT gameplay and made for very enjoyable matches.

I think the problem is more the fact that WG would rather turn the game into two IS-7s driving down a corridor and bouncing on each others front plate until one gets randomly clicked by cancer, the end gg.

And there was never a time when having one OP tank per game was the ideal.

The game was worse back then, it's just nostalgic feelings. I for sure won't leave the game. I'm very liberal with my goldspam already so my playstyle basically won't change...

A lot of medium players are upset because the medium meta is ending. That's why it's bad.

I for one welcome the new age of heavy tanks.

Well... They buffed our lovely Maus indirectly :) That's all I've been waiting for!!!

Arty still exists, you know  :serb:

I swear I read many posts explaining how having 1 or 2 "main bosses" in the forms of Tier 10 HTs with the rest of the tanks supporting them was the high-point of WoT gameplay and made for very enjoyable matches.

Only it won't be one or two boss tanks each side, it will be a sea of IS-7's Mauses and E-100's bouncing off each other all day until arty picks them all off one by one.