_EXODUZ_

Swamp, Highway, and Prokhorovka reworked in 9.9

Highway looks interesting. Swamp will be more difficult to play and Prok .... well so far I can't see the changes.

I don't know why so many are complaining. When a map will become more difficult to play, the better player will have even more advantages. Adapt and make it work for you.

Jesus Prok was the last map you could do LT-15 with ease. Now I'd rather grind my arties and do SPG-15. 

Wow. Its like they have added in entirely new maps. Flatter and easier for mediums and Lights... But less bush camp for TDs... Arty seems to have gotten the biggest "buff", as there are less hills/ridges/material to sit behind.

honestly imo except for a few maps where they are complete corridors i like what WG is doing with the maps. WG doing a great job getting the tedious as fuck vision/attrition/pushing means death unless you have 3x their numbers maps out- like with prok and swamp here. 

honestly imo except for a few maps where they are complete corridors i like what WG is doing with the maps. WG doing a great job getting the tedious as fuck vision/attrition/pushing means death unless you have 3x their numbers maps out- like with prok and swamp here. 

I agree party. Yes they solved the campy problem of the old maps but they replaced them with new problems where lights are useless and a ton of tanks are forced into frontal engagements even though they suck at them.

Prok is a shit map that really highlights how the MM can throw a team with three good scouts (med or lights) against a team with one or no good scouts. The team with the better scouts usually wins this map, unless the tomatoes are too dumb to take advantage of the spotting. Which happens.

The reason I'll miss it is the fact that it is one of the easiest maps to get some of the bloody light tank missions done. 7k spotting, tracking and own damage is pretty much impossible on so many maps unless you're a pretty unicorn with skills the rest of us can't imagine. And now the best map to get it done is going away. At least Fiery Salient might survive. I'll be damned if I want to grind the T-55 light missions before patch 9.9 but now I almost feel like I should. Great.

FUCKING TAKE THAT ARTY

Swamp doesn't look like it's going to change much.  They're making it easier to push the extreme sides, but still I feel like the meta for swamp will be the same.  Camp the ridges, pop any pub dumb enough to be in the open, control the middle.

Swamp looks so good now. Meds/lights can scout and fight in the middle square while heavies push north and south. Whoever prefers the camp fest that was the old swamp is retarded.

They flattened out all 3 maps, so it's a boost for commie tanks too.

Loss of light dominance on prok is sad. But I'm glad they removed the noob magnet lane 1 and gave them a proper corridor to brawl. That's what they like right?

So my 2cents (commented from /r/worldoftanks):

re: Swamp: I'm sad about this. I enjoy the trials of swamp and trying to break these sieges...

I kind of hate how symmetrical things are getting. I don't think Prokhorovka was unbalanced (personal opinion). Stats might say otherwise. It just seems too tightly crafted from an artistic sense.

I can't tell - is the mid-ridge in Prokhorovka going away? That ridge in the center was one of my favorite parts of the map. It's what made it unique.

I like map changes because they introduce "variety" but I wish the "variety" had a bit more "variety" to it. Like some bushes. Or where is all the water going? Or a combination of hills and flats... I like some of the changes on Westfield, but not others...

</end geezer mode>

I don't understand this continued insistence on a subtle approach.  They can save money by sending their entire map making dept. to the gulag.  Just change spawn points for all non SPG class tanks to the exact middle of the map.  Each tank starts off face hugging an opposing tank.  Have softer quicker tanks start off in the middle of each of these lines with tracks locked into the two tanks on either side of it to prevent quick movement!!  SPG spawn can be in A1/A0! 

I really don't know what WG map designers have against open maps and close everyone in. Heaven forbid we have flanking. I guess we will not see an Ardennes forest type map or El Alamein any time soon either.

So I am liking these changes by the looks of things, less vision, more brawl.

Exactly what this game did NOT need lol.

RIP prokhorovka, press F to pay respects. 

Hmmm. 2 look improved. The third (Prok) looks like it may be worse, but we'll have to see. I'm hopeful that these changes will be a net improvement.

I might actually come back to this game. Tried playing a match yesterday, got swamp, won, quit game until further notice.

I see the further notice will arrive soon...

I really don't know what WG map designers have against open maps and close everyone in. Heaven forbid we have flanking. I guess we will not see an Ardennes forest type map or El Alamein any time soon either.

Prokhorova is probably being changed because its broken map if you are driving big slow heavy tank like E100 or jpz100 and there is multiple arties in match with you. There is simply no good gameplay options for slow&heavy tank in tier 10 match like this, only slightly usable gameplan is to go snipe/spot/bait shots from E6 and die slowly to arties.

Intresting peoples whine soo much about Swamp, whichever side camps always loses if other side has even single player who knows how to push over middle using cover of rocks. Any med/light can usually break camp and I have used even IS4 to go over middle straigth from start of match for good success. Guess its too complicated map (vision, spotting ranges and line of fires) for average players?

Edited by sahtila
Addition

Prokhorova is probably being changed because its broken map if you are driving big slow heavy tank like E100 or jpz100 and there is multiple arties in match with you. There is simply no good gameplay options for slow&heavy tank in tier 10 match like this, only slightly usable gameplan is to go snipe/spot/bait shots from E6 and die slowly to arties.

Intresting peoples whine soo much about Swamp, whichever side camps always loses if other side has even single player who knows how to push over middle using cover of rocks. Any med/light can usually break camp and I have used even IS4 to go over middle straigth from start of match for good success. Guess its too complicated map (vision, spotting ranges and line of fires) for average players?

arty ruins every map... That aside I like Prok. And I like swamp

So one map where slow heavy isn't doing well is getting changed but how about all those city maps and current corridors where scouts and camo dependant mediums are having trouble in?

So one map where slow heavy isn't doing well is getting changed but how about all those city maps and current corridors where scouts and camo dependant mediums are having trouble in?

Well, WG has shifted to World of Heavy Tanks meta in the past few patches. Also if the pen and dropoff nerfs really happen, it would be the nail in the coffin of intelligent LT/MT play. 

Godfuckingdammit WG could you please not kill one of the last scout maps.  

On a related note... is vision meta a thing in AW?

Godfuckingdammit WG could you please not kill one of the last scout maps.  

On a related note... is vision meta a thing in AW?

Let's put it this way: If you are driving an MBT and none of your team's AFVs, LTs or TDs are competent... unless the other team is equally disastrous you might as well suicide-rush the enemy.

Swamp

This map was turned into an East vs. West fight. Fast mediums will YOLO up direct paths taking them to the donut north or the hill south. Center of the map will be irrelevant until those sides settle in as any tanks surviving at those spots can snipe any that push center. Loss of hard cover north means 1,2 line support crossing at A/B won't be safe but still is possible if the mediums contest their tanks which still try to take up old positions on ridgelines. Ridges won't be practical until those fights are decided. If it does come down to North vs. South front lines then East spawn has the advantage as 1 line got a massive buff for then with the Twin Peak Mountains having vision obstructed by buildings. 

East spawn got out on top here I think but I really hope those aren't ramps up either side. Even if not though East got out on top. Anyone approach their base, sniper as it's open. West spawn had their base approach obstructed though.

Edited by MetGreDKo

Many buttmad shitlords that can't brawl in this thread.
Just learn to time your shots at a decent level, and you can brawl in a fucking light tank.

This change is awesome, I will no longer have to curl into fetal position everytime I get Prok in a heavy.

Many buttmad shitlords that can't brawl in this thread.
Just learn to time your shots at a decent level, and you can brawl in a fucking light tank.

This change is awesome, I will no longer have to curl into fetal position everytime I get Prok in a heavy.

This is not about fcking brawling. When was the last time of a new open map? I don't remember single one in the past 3+ years. How many brawling-friendly maps by your terms do you want more? Are 90%+ from entire map selection not enough already?