Never

Forum Updated to IPB 4.0

So finally IPB 4.0 went on full release, so I took the chance to update the forum software. I'll list some of the changes to the most used features:

This new version has quite a number of new features. Mentions are also now much easier, you can just type @ and start typing the name of the user you want to mention. It will display a list with autocompletion options. For example: @Solono

To create a status, you no longer click on your username in the top panel. You now click on "Create" on the top panel, and select Status. This also allows you to quickly create a new topic or blog post.

There are also a few things missing that we used to have, and we will have to make do without them for a while, at least until the modding community on this version grows and creates the modules we need (I already tried to make modules for IPB, wouldn't do it again). 

I won't bother putting everything that's new here. If you're interested, here is the documentation.

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Edited by Never

I noticed that after I reuploaded my avatar that the WoTLabs system reduced its quality dramatically resulting in a very artifact-ridden avatar. Maybe it's something to do with the cropping mechanism (I selected the entire image). After I converted it from a JPG to a PNG format and uploaded it again, the result was much clearer. So to the rest here, if you don't want to give other WoTLabbers eyecancer, remember to use PNG.

PNG should be your default unless it's a photograph. It also helps to resize it on your own before uploading. A lot of forum software aren't too great at resizing.

PNG should be your default unless it's a photograph. It also helps to resize it on your own before uploading. A lot of forum software aren't too great at resizing.

The original was 150x150 pixels, same as the display size for avatars on WoTLabs. I'll keep PNG in mind though.

On another note, all these changes and there's still no option to hide reputation when viewing threads?

My waifu in my avatar is horribly pixelated and unsharp.... halp? :( PNG will make it too large as its a photo.

Edit: Fixed her somewhat, but the crop function still seems to make things unsharp.

Edited by Denizzje

I can't see my stats under my avatar anymore. Is it just for me? I can see everyone else's but nothing there for me.

I can't see my stats under my avatar anymore. Is it just for me? I can see everyone else's but nothing there for me.

Mine just turned to 0 for some reason. I know I am bad but not that bad. :P

The header, they don't fill the space properly in my phone

Dx

I think the Recent Topics should be above the Status Updates. This isn't Twitter, is it? 

Eh, I think I would have rather gone without.  Everything looks bulkier and messier.

I'm also quickly noticing features added or missing that I don't like.  Spaces are being automatically put between new lines, no ability to read comments to status updates right on the front page, status update and new thread boxes are so large that I can't see all ten things at once, the automatic text being lighter than pure black makes bolded text look ghostly, blog text no longer moves nicely around initial images, spoilers don't exist to compress large sets of images, poster karma is put in everyone's faces by having it under poster group instead of just showing up on name hover, About Me section isn't the first thing that shows up on a profile and there's no way to customize that...

Can we just go back?

Nope, no going back.

From here on, we can only go forward. As the sotware and the modding community evolves, I'm gonna add the missing features. All I ask is some patience.

Removed user's reputation from under the avatar on posts. I agree, it was too much "in your face".

Added Spoiler button on the editor. It's the little eye next to the emoticon button.

Snape kills dumbledore

Edited by Never

It's okay, it did add some things on the backend that was missing (IE chat mods) and I'm doing some hammering there. Forum may explode though.

Removed user's reputation from under the avatar on posts. I agree, it was too much "in your face".

Added Spoiler button on the editor. It's the little eye next to the emoticon button.

Hidden Content

I don't quite see that eyeball yet, but I'll believe you.  If you can just change the board's automatic text to #000000, I would be totally okay with this new board tech.

Eyeball only shows up for post editing, not for making new posts.

I don't quite see that eyeball yet, but I'll believe you.  If you can just change the board's automatic text to #000000, I would be totally okay with this new board tech.

Try now.
Hmm, not quite sure I understand what you mean by the "automatic text".

Try now.Hmm, not quite sure I understand what you mean by the "automatic text".

I see it now on new posts.

I mean as in the "automatic" text color is this faded out black, which I think looks pretty weak and is really noticeably light on big text, compared to pure black.

Great work Never! I really appreciate the work you put into the update! I just have small problem though.

I can't seem to post a status update. Whenever I try to, the cursor glitches out for a couple seconds before telling me to insert an image/URL.

Edited by Ollie Tabooger