monkey10120

Getting worse and worse. I need help

So yeah ever since 9.8 hit my play has gone to utter shit. I was at 4.1k and 77%  recent and I am lucky if I can pull 3k at the end of the night. 

I cant win, I cant do dmg, I cant survive long enough, I cant get kills. 

Please,people that are coaching like smylee please fucking help. I am begging anyone at his point to platoon and see whats going on.

Ohayou~

I felt like this last week for a couple days , I imagine it's possible to dive and never pull up.

Going to be pretty busy all week with tourneys but here's what helped me out of my rut:

1. Take a fucking break. 

2. When you come back, choose the vehicle you're most familiar with. If you immediately get ammoracked, choose the next vehicle you're most familiar with. 

3. As you load in, immediately decide wat do. It doesn't have to be perfect, just a base plan to focus on. 

4. This is the important part: WATCH YOUR PUBBIES! It's easy to forget that you need to lead the front or support it, but not overextend or fall behind. Play it SAFE at first until you feel comfortable again. Just focus on STAYING ALIVE and watch the minimap CONSTANTLY. If you have to make a decision about a flank to support, just go to the one that's less likely to fail. Unless it involves being capped...

5. If necessary, review each game as you play them, as you consider what went wrong, keep the following theme in mind: How should I have farmed them instead?

6. Repeat this as long as necessary, but above all, remember to RELAX. Don't worry about your stats, just focus on farming and surviving. Don't forget to take breaks as necessary. And review your mistakes! If you get too steamed, call it a night.

Gl!~ And try to have fun, that's important too :3

cuni is dead on
staph playing tanks, it solves everything
even if just temporarily

and then all the other stuff too, that helps

cuni is dead on
staph playing tanks, it solves everything
even if just temporarily

and then all the other stuff too, that helps

Just took a 3 month hiatus. Got sick of arty and all the bullshit this game serves you on a silver platter. Came back and I am finding it equally retarded, except for the fact I have regained my patience. 

One of the more amusing things I found today was playing someone elses account with XVM camo

still bullshit but not making every arty in a 10 mile radius hot and bothered can lead to fun sometimes

Ever since school got out last week Ive had a similar expierience, teams were worse than usual,  took a couple days break seemed to help. Ive noticed with me (no tinfoil hat shit) there are some very real trends in winnig/losing it goes in very distinct cycles.

Edited by Lindy

Ohayou~

I felt like this last week for a couple days , I imagine it's possible to dive and never pull up.

Going to be pretty busy all week with tourneys but here's what helped me out of my rut:

1. Take a fucking break. 

2. When you come back, choose the vehicle you're most familiar with. If you immediately get ammoracked, choose the next vehicle you're most familiar with. 

3. As you load in, immediately decide wat do. It doesn't have to be perfect, just a base plan to focus on. 

4. This is the important part: WATCH YOUR PUBBIES! It's easy to forget that you need to lead the front or support it, but not overextend or fall behind. Play it SAFE at first until you feel comfortable again. Just focus on STAYING ALIVE and watch the minimap CONSTANTLY. If you have to make a decision about a flank to support, just go to the one that's less likely to fail. Unless it involves being capped...

5. If necessary, review each game as you play them, as you consider what went wrong, keep the following theme in mind: How should I have farmed them instead?

6. Repeat this as long as necessary, but above all, remember to RELAX. Don't worry about your stats, just focus on farming and surviving. Don't forget to take breaks as necessary. And review your mistakes! If you get too steamed, call it a night.

Gl!~ And try to have fun, that's important too :3

I tried all that and more. Took a few days to calm down came back and still just getting shit on all over the place. Also I have trouble seeing what I could have done wrong my self, thats why I prefer to be with other players and have them bitch at me and get me back in shape. 

Probably getting clipped out by KT your first game in the is-5 didnt help :/ 

Oh it made it much worse. I went so far south in that crossing I have no clue how you lights lit me up. 

One of the more amusing things I found today was playing someone elses account with XVM camo

still bullshit but not making every arty in a 10 mile radius hot and bothered can lead to fun sometimes

Oh I played my cousins account for CW and yeah, in the mean time I would play his tanks in between battles and I pulled a 4.9k wn8 even with CW for the day on his account. I go right back to mine and right back to shit. 

You dont believe how tight my tin foil hate is on right now.

My past week:

- Getting my T62a lower plate exposed, been lit up 2x in a game.

- Trading that "extra shot on a JPanzer100" for a 1k damage hit.

- Cursing tomatoes after death instead of going garage.

- Shot bouncing from lower plates and side tanks.

- Hesitating from shooting on moving targets or missing it baddly.

Do i need a break?

Oh I played my cousins account for CW and yeah, in the mean time I would play his tanks in between battles and I pulled a 4.9k wn8 even with CW for the day on his account. I go right back to mine and right back to shit. 

You dont believe how tight my tin foil hate is on right now.

Based off this, are you sure it isnt just the anxiety of you performing badly for a little while and wanting better stats that is causing you to play worse, thus repeating itself in a fairly vicious cycle?

If it is, I have no clue how I would try and fix that, but its worth thinking about.

Based off this, are you sure it isnt just the anxiety of you performing badly for a little while and wanting better stats that is causing you to play worse, thus repeating itself in a fairly vicious cycle?

If it is, I have no clue how I would try and fix that, but its worth thinking about.

It could be but I am still unsure what to do. I am already on medication for my anxiety and depression so if it is there is no easy way for me to break it. 

It could be but I am still unsure what to do. I am already on medication for my anxiety and depression so if it is there is no easy way for me to break it. 

Excersize, if you are not getting about an hour a day, could help for sure.

Meditation could also help, but from what I remember ways of dealing with anxiety are very varied.

Excersize, if you are not getting about an hour a day, could help for sure.

Meditation could also help, but from what I remember ways of dealing with anxiety are very varied.

Exercise is what started my depression. I spent 4 years bodybuilding. Here is me right before my first competition.

Basically I tore my left shoulder 1 month before, if I wanted to heal it at all I had to stop for 3 months. Came back to notice that I went from a 435 bench to 275 really killed my self esteem. Thats when I got into tanks, realized I was good and it helped.

Thats the reason I am asking for so much help.

3kwpMhP.jpg

Exercise is what started my depression. I spent 4 years bodybuilding. Here is me right before my first competition.

Basically I tore my left shoulder 1 month before, if I wanted to heal it at all I had to stop for 3 months. Came back to notice that I went from a 435 bench to 275 really killed my self esteem. Thats when I got into tanks, realized I was good and it helped.

Thats the reason I am asking for so much help.

Hidden Content

But do u even leg day?

snip

I know that feeling. 

Never really excersized much, started rock climbing, really liked it and got into it.

Brother who was taking me and climbing with me then popped a tendon and we couldn't climb for 2 months, the first day back I proceed to break my wrist and now haven't climbed in 3 months. At least I can still do excersizes though.

Definitely not fun. 

Did you go back to the body building?

sorry for that redshire game :P

but in all seriousness, maybe take a day or two off and you'll come back to the game much more calm.  play some tanks you really enjoy with some good players and don't even focus on what your wn8 or w/r is after a session.  the game gets 10x better if you just log on, play solo or tooned, and then log off without ever checking stats or anything.  you know yourself well enough to know how you performed, numbers tend to stress people out even if they don't admit it.

another piece of advice that might help may seem a bit contradictory, but since you're already a really good player it would probably benefit you.  instead of being so critical about your play, focus on what went right and just think about all the positives you had during your session.  that's just the mentality i've been focusing on since starting gold league.  if you keep dwelling on a play you executed poorly or something like that it has a HUGE affect on your play in the following games, trust me.

Edited by KillerTiger

I know that feeling. 

Never really excersized much, started rock climbing, really liked it and got into it.

Brother who was taking me and climbing with me then popped a tendon and we couldn't climb for 2 months, the first day back I proceed to break my wrist and now haven't climbed in 3 months. At least I can still do excersizes though.

Definitely not fun. 

Did you go back to the body building?

Im just lifting to maintain most my mass. I am about 185 now where in the picture I was 207@3.2% fat. I am recovering most my strength but I will never get back where I used to be.

sorry for that redshire game :P

but in all seriousness, maybe take a day or two off and you'll come back to the game much more calm.  play some tanks you really enjoy with some good players and don't even focus on what your wn8 or w/r is after a session.  the game gets 10x better if you just log on, play solo or tooned, and then log off without ever checking stats or anything.  you know yourself well enough to know how you performed, numbers tend to stress people out even if they don't admit it.

Nah its all good. I still dont know how I was lit that far back. I took I think 12 shots before I did surprisingly.

I will try another day off an see and I will remove session stats too. But I can usually tell how well I am doing. 

ya i removed session stats, xvm stats, I don't ever physically go and check my stats. felt a lot more chill during sesisons after doing all that. I mean, honestly, at this point, I don't even benefit anything from stats. I can already get into any clan I want, already done gold league, already on a pretty cool skirmish team. There's really nothing to gain by stats anymore.

I think maybe removing as much of stats out of your WoT playtime will benefit you as well, at least from a having fun perspective.

I've actually asked Never to remove my stats thing under my name so that I would never have to look at them ever, but alas he said that wasn't doable. ~.~

Coming from a green who would love to be playing consistently at even a blue level - don't be so hard on yourself.  You are going to have a good session at some point in the near future that will "snap" you back into your prior level of confidence in short order (the player who had the higher recent is still you, btw!).  I have noticed in my own play that even a brief run of bad games (either consecutive bad teams or my own dumb mistakes) can lower my overall performance in a very noticeable way and quickly become a tilt spiral, especially later at night when I'm tired.  Once you have a decent run, you'll lose the worries about the "cant's" in your OP and just play without stress and the hesitation that can come with it.

I'm glad in some ways that I got back into gaming through WoT at age 45 instead of 25.  Even though I am still hyper-competitive and highly self-critical, I can chill a lot faster at my advanced level of wisdom (age) and do my best to remember that the entire point of play is to have some fun (except when getting focused by arty, which I will never consider fun)...

ya i removed session stats, xvm stats, I don't ever physically go and check my stats. felt a lot more chill during sesisons after doing all that. I mean, honestly, at this point, I don't even benefit anything from stats. I can already get into any clan I want, already done gold league, already on a pretty cool skirmish team. There's really nothing to gain by stats anymore.

I think maybe removing as much of stats out of your WoT playtime will benefit you as well, at least from a having fun perspective.

I've actually asked Never to remove my stats thing under my name so that I would never have to look at them ever, but alas he said that wasn't doable. ~.~

I will remove session stats. I guess its not like I can change the stats anyway. 

Also I guess stats still matter to me because I need to keep improving or I dont see a reason in continuing. I had the hopes that when I reached 4k that I had the confidence to know that I could join any clan I wanted but why would they take me now when they look and see my stats declining. No matter how much I wish stats were not a thing they always come up in some way

Coming from a green who would love to be playing consistently at even a blue level - don't be so hard on yourself.  You are going to have a good session at some point in the near future that will "snap" you back into your prior level of confidence in short order (the player who had the higher recent is still you, btw!).  I have noticed in my own play that even a brief run of bad games (either consecutive bad teams or my own dumb mistakes) can lower my overall performance in a very noticeable way and quickly become a tilt spiral, especially later at night when I'm tired.  Once you have a decent run, you'll lose the worries about the "cant's" in your OP and just play without stress and the hesitation that can come with it.

I'm glad in some ways that I got back into gaming through WoT at age 45 instead of 25.  Even though I am still hyper-competitive and highly self-critical, I can chill a lot faster at my advanced level of wisdom (age) and do my best to remember that the entire point of play is to have some fun (except when getting focused by arty, which will I will never consider fun)...

The only thing I am worried about is how long this bad period is going to last for, its already been 4 weeks. I wish I had your attitude though. I could never say its just a game. With everything going on in my life this is all I got, its more than just a game to me. But I will have to face the facts sometime in the future. :(

Also I guess stats still matter to me because I need to keep improving or I dont see a reason in continuing. I had the hopes that when I reached 4k that I had the confidence to know that I could join any clan I wanted but why would they take me now when they look and see my stats declining. No matter how much I wish stats were not a thing they always come up in some way

Almost every clan in the top 10 would take a player with 3500 recent. Eval well and they will take 3000 a lot of the time. The clan that might not is BULBA, and even then 3700 is probably fine for them. So 4000 could hardly be considered break point for apping to clans. Just saying. 

Also, I would say if a clan is decent they could see that you were able to pull those stats, and given some confidence, probably could again. You clearly can, there is just a block right now. So you are also a future investment. 

Removing session stats is a good recommendation though, I would say the same for a damage counter removal. In certain situations you should not go for damage, and not having it shoved in your face that you haven't hit the DPG you want to that game is nice. Certain games damage is the right thing to do, others you should make a play that hurts your DPG. This is probably true even for Kewei, he just doesn't care because almost no one can touch his WR anyway.