concep

Blitz: Like it or hate it?

Blitz Opinion  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Opinions Opinions Opinions

Because there's a section for this now, what's WoTLabs' opinion of Blitz? I got into it when it came out after I blew out my knee and couldn't get to my desktop and got, and sort of still am, pretty involved in the (then good, now terrible) community.

My general opinion is that the game is alright but: The forums far exceeds the levels of idiocy of the PC's forum. The pubbies are worse than their PC counterparts. And the worse the player is, the bigger their ego.

Edited by concep

i just can't handle the really gumby control, aim and joy stick. 

Before the past two updates, I would disagree. But now, the devs have been going all over the goddamn place with the layout of how it displays the teams (the panels on the side of the screen), the controls in general, and certain unnecessary buffs/nerfs. Last update, 1.10, they made the panels so wide that you can't see who is on the teams until you've loaded in. Plus, the joystick has been constantly deselecting when I try to go forward. Great feature if you want to be a meatshield.

Edited by concep

The controls feel like you're dragging your finger through syrup, but it's okay. I only play it when I travel and don't have access to much besides my mother's tablet and my 3ds. It's okay for sperging out for a few battles, especially since the average skill levels seems to be in the negative WN8.

The forums are definitely a goldmine though.

Like the game, don't like the players.

Atleast I got a new insult out of it; "Go play minecraft Crusader noob ******"

No surprise there. People are so full of shit. There was a 38%er on my team once who was trying to play backseat driver after he got destroyed because he went off by himself in a stock E75. I mean completely stock. He even had the 88.

I gave it a shot on my Nexus 7 tablet. I downloaded it on the spur while travelling to kill time at hotels, parents, etc. Everything felt familiar but not. I had a hard time with the controls. I uninstalled it after not playing for a while in order to reduce bloat on the tablet. If I'm on the tablet, I'd rather be reading...

My main criticism was the controls. I had a hard time getting use to them because they felt so imprecise compared to mouse and keyboard.

I would vote "Yes" to your question. 

I play on my Galaxy S 10 tab and sometimes I hate it (stupid teams, annoying control not doing what I want etc.) but it's quick, easy, no rig needed... which is nice. Also some games go pretty decent. 

I went up the UK medium line since I didn't in the PC game and am at the Centurion mark 1 which I hated HATED HATED for a long time... the Comet was nice and I had a really good winrate and really nice games in that but the Centurion really would have me pull my hair if I had any left... but at 95% crew now with gun, engine and tracks on... it's getting better... I am getting more damage out and losing fewer credits. 

It's a pretty good port, I won't pay for premium on it and unified account will never happen because of apple but yeah I like it.

I'll chime in and agree that the clunky controls sink Blitz before even considering the actual game itself.

Personally, since I used to play mobile games all the time, I don't find as clunky as they could be. They're far better than a lot of mobile games out there but certainly not the best.

The controls work much better on a tablet than a phone IMO (not to mention the bigger screen helps with seeing stuff too)

Rip me. 13k battles and all on an iPhone 5C.

The controls work much better on a tablet than a phone IMO (not to mention the bigger screen helps with seeing stuff too)

Rip me. 13k battles and all on an iPhone 5C.

yep, I've played on an ipad 2, ipad mini retina, and my Galaxy S5.  the ipads are much better IMO (first game on my phone I was just "how dafaq do I aim at weakspots I can barely see?")

And the worse the player is, the bigger their ego.

I couldn't agree more. This is enhanced when the children get home from school.

However, I would argue this extends to good players with 2500+ efficiency who's egos interfere with their frustration of team tactics and the hate gets spammed in chat. As Blitz players recognize, the more time you spend in chat, the less time your tank is moving. I've seen epic fails as the result of my team spamming hate back and forth while the enemy team pincer attacks us. ..Then there's me farming as much damage as I can until its me versus 6 or 7.

WOT BLITZ

IMG_1463.jpg

I couldn't agree more. This is enhanced when the children get home from school.

However, I would argue this extends to good players with 2500+ efficiency who's egos interfere with their frustration of team tactics and the hate gets spammed in chat. As Blitz players recognize, the more time you spend in chat, the less time your tank is moving. I've seen epic fails as the result of my team spamming hate back and forth while the enemy team pincer attacks us. ..Then there's me farming as much damage as I can until its me versus 6 or 7.

WOT BLITZ

IMG_1463.jpg

I don't ever start typing unless the win is guaranteed and/or I'm already dead. I don't usually respond to any o7s or Hellos. too time consuming when matches can be as short as under 2 minutes.

I don't ever start typing unless the win is guaranteed and/or I'm already dead. I don't usually respond to any o7s or Hellos. too time consuming when matches can be as short as under 2 minutes.

I have tried the "Group" "Together" "All ..." a few times... yeah never going to happen, so I just go where I think I need to be going / change my mind if the team really lemmings... and try my best... and type when I am dead.

On 8/19/2015, 1:14:59, concep said:

Agreed. It's not even worth the time to recommend during the initial countdown to go "left" or "hill" for example. With the exception of the Mines map, I'll go where I believe I can support my team best despite their poor directional choices. It usually ends in me carrying the match or being the last one left alive.

When I play the OP Ke-Ni Otsu, the enemy team spams in chat about their desire to take me down first while the rest of my team gets in great positions. Easy wins.

latest?cb=20140628155852

I voted 'it's alright' because there wasn't an option for 'I only play blitz and nothing else'.   I know it is not the real thing and I must say I very much like the idea of some of the things the real game has that blitz does not (like proper team play).   Not being involved in the PC culture, I was not aware that blitz players were especially loathsome.   My findings are that on lower tiers many are not receptive to suggestions like --->>>> or <<<--- etc but that changes a little (for the better) on the higher tiers.   

I have become good enough to understand there are some very bad/stupid players.   A particular bugbear is the player who responds 'negative' to the suggestion that we go right or left or whatever given that a bad plan to which all are committed is better than none.

I find the controls (on my iPad) fine.   I have no idea how you could hope to play this on a smart phone.

I played it a little bit when it came out.  I found the controls uncomfortable but useable.  I was actually impressed with the gameplay and graphics for a mobile game, but since I really only game on my PC I don't play it anymore.