Oxmathus

WGLNA Fantasy League Team Suggestions & Info Zone

So first of all, for those new to WGLNA or maybe just new to the Fantasy League might asking "I don't really like Gold League or watch the League, why should I participate in something that doesn't matter to me?", well the whole outlook upon that point of view has been changed for this season with a change for picking players with a chance to win a whole new deal of goodies for not just yourself, but also your clan.

For this season there has been a combination of a ton of great prizes, which include 

Nightly Prizes - (The most interesting thing about this is the clan prizes which I think are a very nice addition)

6ys8HTb.png

Quarterly Prizes - (Everybody loves a free Type 59)

AkaMwnd.png

And the biggest and best, End-of-Season Prizes - (I believe places 1-3 are taking the place of previous tournaments which people could participate in to alternatively win a free trip)

ZgCTkAE.png

Read more about these prizes on the actual website - 

Fantasy League Prizes Information

So since the first day of WGLNA was on June 23rd, that means the first winners were already announced!

wyc2ucB.png

But don't worry, there are matches regularly every Tuesday/Thursday!

Honestly, these prizes should be enough to convince anyone to participate in this, even if you don't watch the matches, you can just pick your favorite players in the league and see how far you get!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now with the prize system out of the way, I'll continue with my personal suggestions about what players you should pick for your team - 

Thursday, June 25th - (Click on teams names to go to their rosters)

Maple Freedom vs. Team Refuse (Formerly known as Top Tier) - 

Maple Freedom is a team which came up from the Silver League and still have a lot to prove and did not play a match on Tuesday, while Refuse is a team with experience and cohesion who also won their first match on Tuesday against Synrgy. This should be a short match I would think unless Refuse plays messy, the unfortunate part about 5-0's or 5-1's/2's is that the more matches your player actually plays is means the more points they receive, so if this becomes a short match then unfortunately no Fantasy Point farming will be available. With this information, I would play it safe and only pick a single player from this match up, and I'd go with _KT as he did well in his first match. Alternatively E63M6, also performed very well.

Next is,

o7 Gaming vs. Synrgy Gaming (Formerly known as Simple Tankers) - /!\ IMPORTANT /!\ o7 Gaming has TWO MATCHES on the 25th, meaning their players will get a lot of points no matter how the games go, so pick 2 players from their roster!/!\ IMPORTANT /!\

o7 Gaming is a team which came in from the Gold League Qualifiers who came in 3rd losing to High Woltage Caballers and GAME-OVER, however they still have a lot of things to show everyone and are in a good position. Synrgy are long time members of the Gold League but have recently been impacted by the loss of their caller, Wallhacks along with players Tofusmurf & Angry_WhiteGuy, however even with these losses they had a pretty decent showing against Refuse no matter if it was a loss. With the two matches that o7 Gaming has in mind, I'd unfortunately skip picking anyone from Synrgy and go straight to o7. I'd go with Vetroxity and then either Makos or Synergy3k, why no camador you ask? He would normally be my #1 pick, however I heard that he only plays on certain maps, meaning he might be in every single game, or none at all, pick at your own risk.

After will be,

eLevate vs. S.I.M.P.

This match up will be the best of the night, eLevate picked up players from School Bus EU and are better than ever, however SIMP lost blueboyzcaptain, HeavyTwenty, fej and Abrasive and picked up players from Hammer Time including drynitz, Nitts, Overlord_Prime and PhotoFinish. I believe this will be a close decently close series, or completely lop-sided, there is really no way to tell. For my picks I'm going to go with one from each team, so that if it's a close game I'd get the best of both sides, and alternatively if it's a wash I won't have the possibility of getting double screwed over. I'd pick Arclit (one of the EU players, great with Arty) from eLevate and Overlord_Prime from SIMP because even though drynitz did better in their first match, I personally feel like Overlord will be more consistent as the season continues on. However dynitz still wouldn't be a bad pick

At 20:00 PDT there will be two matches going on, one will be on stream and one will be off stream.

First is o7 Gaming vs. #RU

Seeing as we've already picked two players from o7 we're good with them, however I'd still pick a player from #RU because I have a feeling that #RU is shaking off some rust and this will be a good game. For #RU I would normally pick YoungMoneyCashMoney, however he is currently in Russia and will be for about half the season, but don't worry, there are still good players to pick from to farm fantasy points. I'd have to say picking 1 of either MACTEP_Putin, GameIsRigged or Abrasive will be a good idea as they're starters and played in all of their first matches which was against Team Rival, who they beat 5-2. I am personally going to go with GameIsRigged.

The other match during this time will be I Love Lamp vs. Noble Gaming (Formerly The Cunninghams)

This is the only match of the night in which both of the teams fighting lost their first matches of the season. I Love Lamp to eLevate and Noble to High Woltage. No matter how much I'd love to believe in my friends at Lamp, I think Noble is going to take this game home as they looked to be doing in their matches than Lamp did in theirs. Also I only have one spot left for my fantasy team since you can only have 7, so I'm going to have to pick someone who will be in every match and can consistently perform well, so I'll pick Dodoma.

After all is said and done, this is my final team, 

5F58ofr.png

Tuesday, June 30th - (Click on team names to go to their rosters)

20:00 EST Time Slot Match -

emblem_64x64.png GAME-OVER vs. #RU emblem_64x64.png

This should be a pretty interesting match, I'd love to give it to #RU just because of their past experiences and player skill, however they had a pretty rough match against o7 so I'm not too sure what to expect other than if GO plays a nice solid game they can take the victory. Since I believe this match could go on the longer side, I'm going to go with picking 2 players from this lineup, which will be from #RU because they have the better fantasy point farming capabilities. With this knowledge I'm going to pick GameIsRigged and MACTEP_Putin.

21:00 EST Time Slot Match -

emblem_64x64.png High Woltage Caballers vs. Team Refuse emblem_64x64.png

Team Refuse has won both of their first matches against Synrgy Gaming and Maple Freedom, however this match their first match against a team competing for the #1 Spot in the League. With Woltage's 5-2 victory over the former Cunninghams let's see what Refuse can bring to the table. I'm going to pick 1 player from each team due to the pure fantasy point farming. I'm going to pick HeavyTwenty and _KTHowever picks like Drogon_Pro, E63M6, blueboyzcaptain or even Oxmathus_PRO if you believe in the Arty wouldn't be bad picks.

22:00 EST Time Slot Match -

emblem_64x64.png Team Rival vs. Synrgy Gaming emblem_64x64.png

This is the fight between the two teams who have lost both of their matches so far. However I believe that Synrgy has the advantage due to their team all having prior Gold League experience and with the fact that Synrgy's matches have either been 3-5 or 4-5 against teams which I would personally say are a bit better, overall just meaning they are on the edge of victory just not there yet. I am going to pick 2 players from Synrgy which will be PubWhisperer and then either Mawderator or Zakume, I am personally going to pick Mawderator

23:00 EST Time Zone Slot Match - 

emblem_64x64.png Maple Freedom vs. o7 Gaming emblem_64x64.png

With only 1 member left to pick for my fantasy team, I'm going to have to go with Synergy3k, while a pick like Vetroxity wouldn't be a bad thing either. I'm going with this pick because I believe that o7 will take the match as they've generally had good showings so far against other teams, and I think the Maple Freedom is going to overall struggle this season. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PK2vNTE.png

Hide contents

Thursday, July 2nd Matches - 

20:00 EST Time Slot -

emblem_64x64.png eLevate vs. Noble Gaming emblem_64x64.png

This is going to be a bit risky, but why not. I'm going to pick 4 players from this match because I think it's going to be a good one. I'm going to pick Arclit, statik, AkulaV and militant83. Be warned, if this match becomes a 5-0, then this will be a huge loss of FP.

21:00 EST Time Slot -

emblem_64x64.png S.I.M.P vs. #RU emblem_64x64.png

Only going to pick 1 player from this match, so I'm going to make it Nitts.

22:00 EST Time Slot-

emblem_64x64.png I Love Lamp vs. Team Refuse emblem_64x64.png

Not going to pick anybody for these matches because I believe that it'll be pretty short if all goes as I think it will.

23:00 EST Time Slot -

emblem_64x64.png GAME-OVER vs. Synrgy Gaming emblem_64x64.png

I feel like this match will go to atleast a 5-3, so I'm going to pick 2 players. PubWhisperer and Zakume.

u8GFc0c.png

Late again, but here it is - 

Tuesday, July 7th Matches -

emblem_64x64.png High Woltage Caballers vs. o7 Gaming emblem_64x64.png

Only going to pick HeavyTwenty because I think the last 2 matches of the night will be really exciting.

emblem_64x64.png Team Rival vs. Maple Freedom emblem_64x64.png

Going to pick nobody because I'm going all in for the last 2 matches.

22:00 EST Time Slot -

emblem_64x64.png eLevate vs. #RU emblem_64x64.png

Going to pick Arclit and GameIsRigged because I'm going to be picking my last 4 in the next match.

emblem_64x64.png Noble Gaming vs. Team Refuse emblem_64x64.png

Going to pick AkulaV and canadianimpact from Noble and _KT with E63M6 from Refuse. I'm doing this with the hope in fantasy points that this will be the longest match of the night

4H2T5rT.png

Hello friends!

Thursday, July 9th Matches -

emblem_64x64.png S.I.M.P. vs. Synrgy Gaming emblem_64x64.png

Should be a decently interesting match. Overall I think that SIMP is going to take home the victory, but Synrgy should be able to take a couple wins home, I'll predict something along the lines of a 5-2. I'm probably going to go with 3 players from this line up which will be drynitz and Nitts from SIMP and one player from Synrgy which will be Executis because PubWhisperer will be absent tonight.

21:00 EST Time Slot - CANCELED

emblem_64x64.png I Love Lamp vs. Synrgy Gaming emblem_64x64.png

CANCELED DUE TO ISSUES WITH LAMP. REMOVE ALL PLAYERS FROM BOTH ROSTERS OUT OF YOUR FANTASY TEAM!

emblem_64x64.png GAME-OVER vs. Maple Freedom emblem_64x64.png

Currently Game Over is doing the worst out of any team to put it out there bluntly. They have managed 1 battle victory out of the 16 battles they've played. It doesn't really require much more attention than that. However Maple Freedom pulled out a very nice 5-1 from for themselves on Tuesday over Rival and will most likely take this game in the same fashion. I'll go with 2 players from this lineup from Maple Freedom which will be MRMAN58 and 0utofSight.

emblem_64x64.png High Woltage Caballers vs Team Rival emblem_64x64.png

High Woltage just came out of a decisive 5-0 win over o7 Gaming on Tuesday and Rival just came out of a depressing 1-5 defeat to Maple Freedom on Tuesday aswell, this battle couple most likely have the same outcome for these teams. I will pick my last 2 players for my lineup from High Woltage, which will be HeavyTwenty and Dakillzor. 

Good luck!

SIlg1u4.png

Hello again friends!

Tuesday, July 14th Matches -

emblem_64x64.png eLevate vs. Team Refuse emblem_64x64.png

Looking at all the other matches tonight, this match up will undoubtedly be the most interest. Both of these teams last matches were on July 7th in which they both received both of their first actual match losses. eLevates match loss was against #RU which ended in a 2-5 in RU's favor. Refuse's match loss was against Noble Gaming which from watching the stream looking both teams were trying to throw for skins, overall the match ended in favor of Noble at 5-3.

I believe that this match could have the possibility of going to a 5-4, however unless Refuse tightened up their game play I'm going to currently have to give it to eLevate in most likely a 5-3 of some sorts as it is yet to be seen. With this information I'm going to pick Arclit from eLevate and E63M6 with _KT from Refuse.

emblem_64x64.png #RU vs. Synrgy Gaming emblem_64x64.png

#RU is currently looking like one of the top teams to beat this season, leaving Synrgy with a harder time to win but not impossible at all. I believe that if Synrgy bring their A game then they could possibly bring this to a 5-4 going the way of either teams, overall this will be pretty interesting, or 1 sided.

However with the match up of Noble Gaming vs. o7 Gaming next, I'm only going to pick 1 player from this lineup which will be godzilla_mode from #RU.

emblem_64x64.png Noble Gaming vs. o7 Gaming emblem_64x64.png

Noble and o7 are both looking like alright teams so far this season, however o7 still has a lot of the better teams to play which will show if their currently score on the leader boards is currently justified or not. Noble had a harder start to the season and will most try to make the best of the matches that are left. I'm going to have to say that this match will go in the favor of Noble, however the score prediction is a bit more difficult as this could have the potential of being 1-sided if Noble fixed some of their issues we saw in the Refuse match.

I'm going to have to pick Vetro from o7 Gaming and Dodoma with AkulaV from Noble. *Do NOT pick Synergy3k from o7 Gaming as he will NOT be playing in tonight's matches.*

emblem_64x64.png S.I.M.P vs. Maple Freedom emblem_64x64.png

There's not too much to say about this match up as there's no more room on my fantasy team, however SIMP and Maple both really need this win but SIMP will undoubtedly take this victory unless Maple can pull a miracle out of nowhere.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teams NOT playing tonight - High Woltage CaballersTeam RivalGAME-OVERI Love Lamp

Do NOT have any players from any of these teams on your fantasy teams.

0ULFSCb.png

Thursday July 16th -

Xm7NxkL.png

¡HOLA AMIGOS!

Today is Thursday, July 21st and here are your best Fantasy League prediction picks for today's matches.

To start off at 20:00 EST -

emblem_64x64.png #RU vs. Maple Freedom emblem_64x64.png

With Maple Freedom currently at 1-1(1 OTL) (4 Points) and #RU at 4-2, (12 Points) these is a underdog match. Maple Freedom has a chance to take maybe 1-2 matches off of RU and maybe a third depending on map picks, however that's the best I'd have to give Maple. RU would have to mess up pretty bad to throw more than that. However even with the strong possibility of a 5-0 it's still worth to pick one player from this match up, and with that I'm going to go with godzilla_mode from #RU.

Next up at 21:00 EST is -

emblem_64x64.png Noble Gaming vs. Team Rival emblem_64x64.png

This match has a lot more potential to go past a 5-0 than the RU and Maple match above, so with Noble at 3-2 (9 Points) and Rival at 1-3 (1 OTW) (5 Points) it means that this match is very important for both of these teams since they're both towards the middle of the score board comparative to the rest of the league. Overall though I'm going to have to give this one to Noble because they will understand the importance and see Rival as a good opponent since they've overall had a good showing to their matches even if their points don't exactly reflect that. I'm going to pick two players from Noble which will be AkulaV and Dodoma and one from Rival which will be wwii_fanatic.

After at 22:00 EST will be -

emblem_64x64.png S.I.M.P. vs. High Woltage Caballers emblem_64x64.png

This match is very important for both of these teams because both teams will both have atleast two other very strong teams to face after this match. However for SIMP this means even more brought on by the fact that both of these teams have played the same amount of matches but High Woltage has 4 points more than them. At the end of a bias'd day, I'll give this match to Woltage in a 5-2 fashion. From this match up I'm going to pick HeavyTwentyfrom Woltage and Nitts from SIMP.

To finish off the night at 23:00 EST -

emblem_64x64.png I Love Lamp vs. GAME-OVER emblem_64x64.png

This match is basically one to determine who is at the bottom of the leader boards, with Lamp currently on the bottom with 1 point and GAME-OVER with 2. There's not too much to say about this match other than it has the possibility to be long but I don't think it will just because of how previous matches for these teams have gone, which is why I'm going to pick 1 player from this, which will be JoJoJacky from Lamp.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teams NOT playing tonight - Synrgy Gamingo7 GamingeLevate and Team Refuse.

Do NOT have any players on these teams on your own fantasy team.

58P22BU.png

Thanks for reading and good luck with whoever you pick, view HeavyTwenty's own thread on the WoT main forums to cross check if you're interested, http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/449125-fantasy-league-team-picks-625-updated/ .

Pick your team at http://www.fantasywgl.com/players/ .

For matches, visit twitch.tv/WGLNA or if you're feeling adventurous visit battleviewer.com to watch all the leagues and watch the vods of previous matches. Visit the Fantasy Website for all of your Fantasy Point needs

Follow my team High Woltage Coballers on Twitter, subscribe to us on Youtube and do that thing that you do on Facebook.

GwI8Fla.png

#1 Arty NA

i accidentally did well that first day? loool, forgot to update my team for 2nd day.

Ox I got us 10k boxes!!! And I got myself 1k gold and 7 days of premium.

So I read the rules, I guess there is a clan rank thing. I guess I only helped get us 10k boxes. I thought second place got your clan free stuff. Reading is hard.

Edited by mereelskirata
Reading is hard.

Tuesday, June 30th - (Click on team names to go to their rosters)

20:00 EST Time Slot Match -

emblem_64x64.png GAME-OVER vs. #RU emblem_64x64.png

This should be a pretty interesting match, I'd love to give it to #RU just because of their past experiences and player skill, however they had a pretty rough match against o7 so I'm not too sure what to expect other than if GO plays a nice solid game they can take the victory. Since I believe this match could go on the longer side, I'm going to go with picking 2 players from this lineup, which will be from #RU because they have the better fantasy point farming capabilities. With this knowledge I'm going to pick GameIsRigged and MACTEP_Putin.

21:00 EST Time Slot Match -

emblem_64x64.png High Woltage Caballers vs. Team Refuse emblem_64x64.png

Team Refuse has won both of their first matches against Synrgy Gaming and Maple Freedom, however this match their first match against a team competing for the #1 Spot in the League. With Woltage's 5-2 victory over the former Cunninghams let's see what Refuse can bring to the table. I'm going to pick 1 player from each team due to the pure fantasy point farming. I'm going to pick HeavyTwenty and _KT. However picks like Drogon_Pro, E63M6, blueboyzcaptain or even Oxmathus_PRO if you believe in the Arty wouldn't be bad picks.

22:00 EST Time Slot Match -

emblem_64x64.png Team Rival vs. Synrgy Gaming emblem_64x64.png

This is the fight between the two teams who have lost both of their matches so far. However I believe that Synrgy has the advantage due to their team all having prior Gold League experience and with the fact that Synrgy's matches have either been 3-5 or 4-5 against teams which I would personally say are a bit better, overall just meaning they are on the edge of victory just not there yet. I am going to pick 2 players from Synrgy which will be PubWhisperer and then either Mawderator or Zakume, I am personally going to pick Mawderator

23:00 EST Time Zone Slot Match - 

emblem_64x64.png Maple Freedom vs. o7 Gaming emblem_64x64.png

With only 1 member left to pick for my fantasy team, I'm going to have to go with Synergy3k, while a pick like Vetroxity wouldn't be a bad thing either. I'm going with this pick because I believe that o7 will take the match as they've generally had good showings so far against other teams, and I think the Maple Freedom is going to overall struggle this season. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PK2vNTE.png

Thanks for reading and good luck with whoever you pick, view HeavyTwenty's own thread on the WoT main forums to cross check if you're interested, http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/449125-fantasy-league-team-picks-625-updated/ .

View the matches at twitch.tv/WGLNA and pick your team at http://www.fantasywgl.com/players/ .

Edited by Oxmathus

So tonight I actually picked my own team.  Now I am waiting for Ox to update this so I know how poorly I chose.

me too. :D i keep changing my mind about every pick.

So I had a nearly perfect team and then I saw your post and changed it up a little... RIP

I'm just going to blame you Ox, I hope that's ok.

Yeah I didn't do so hot last week, that's why they're only suggestions my friend :D

Just excited that tonight i have a full lineup! Darn work and forgetting about fantasywgl when on the road!

Don't really have much time to do this since my internet has been down the whole day, but here it is - 

Thursday, July 2nd Matches - 

emblem_64x64.png eLevate vs. Noble Gaming emblem_64x64.png

This is going to be a bit risky, but why not. I'm going to pick 4 players from this match because I think it's going to be a good one. I'm going to pick Arclit, statik, AkulaV and militant83. Be warned, if this match becomes a 5-0, then this will be a huge loss of FP.

emblem_64x64.png S.I.M.P vs. #RU emblem_64x64.png

Only going to pick 1 player from this match, so I'm going to make it Nitts.

22:00 EST Time Slot-

emblem_64x64.png I Love Lamp vs. Team Refuse emblem_64x64.png

Not going to pick anybody for these matches because I believe that it'll be pretty short if all goes as I think it will.

emblem_64x64.png GAME-OVER vs. Synrgy Gaming emblem_64x64.png

I feel like this match will go to atleast a 5-3, so I'm going to pick 2 players. PubWhisperer and Zakume.

u8GFc0c.png

Edited by Oxmathus

Yeah I had been using ox's team for the past ones, but since his internet was out I had to make my own :/ lol... and I was asleep before he posted his up for last night ha

Late again, but here it is - 

Tuesday, July 7th Matches -

emblem_64x64.png High Woltage Caballers vs. o7 Gaming emblem_64x64.png

Only going to pick HeavyTwenty because I think the last 2 matches of the night will be really exciting.

emblem_64x64.png Team Rival vs. Maple Freedom emblem_64x64.png

Going to pick nobody because I'm going all in for the last 2 matches.

emblem_64x64.png eLevate vs. #RU emblem_64x64.png

Going to pick Arclit and GameIsRigged because I'm going to be picking my last 4 in the next match.

emblem_64x64.png Noble Gaming vs. Team Refuse emblem_64x64.png

Going to pick AkulaV and canadianimpact from Noble and _KT with E63M6 from Refuse. I'm doing this with the hope in fantasy points that this will be the longest match of the night

4H2T5rT.png

Edited by Oxmathus