Was just reminded via email about latest info on this game and iam wondering why there is no hype thread already? .. Sure their first "launch" countdown was a bit of a letdown as they only started to gather monies via kickstarter.

http://crowfall.com/#/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHVjXO-WdYHUIdxC8buCkzQ

As many before has promised this should also be a new era mmo .. we shall see.

18 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

Looks singularly uninspiring. Yet another fantasy MMO, as if there aren't enough of them already...

Yep, I see how it could look like "Just another..." on the first glance. On the other hand, I don't see anything even remotely close to what they are building, except maybe for Camelot Unchained!?

28 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

I'm probably being a little judgy ;-)

It's actually one of nicer negative comments I saw =)

Some people simply go " Looks like cr** " or "What year is this? 1999?" (yea, graphics are certainly not Crowfall's strong point) or something anti-Raph, like "You lost me at Raph Koster. Did he have any success after Ultima Online?" (game from 90s...).

For some reason, he has both fanatical followers (mostly based on his work on Star Wars Galaxies' crafting) and lots of haters - that is, among people that played his games and know about him.

I believe that 99.99% of gamers would agree with you - MMOs are a niche, and PvP sandbox (plus indie! OMG low budget!) are a very small part of MMOs.

I can try to explain what makes some people want to play Crowfall; Think: Eve Online in medieval setting PLUS actual combat PLUS Minecraft (building + destruction); Eve is all about politics, alliances, spreadsheets, economy, PvP etc. - nobody plays it because of visual appeal.

By the way, main reason for cartoony (low polygon count) models is that Crowfall will have to support sieges and battles with hundreds of players in small areas. "Rough" models are putting much less pressure on game engine, otherwise servers would be crashing every 5 minutes.

PS Here is newer testing video (still pre-Alpha), telegraphs from OP vid are removed and some other things are a bit better.

Couple new videos, connected to new siege engines; Below you can see these babies in action, doing some voxel destruction (hey, this rhymes!) - I call this "Death in the Rubble":

...plus some recent Ranger gameplay (just BTW Druid is to be added next, a healing/nuking hybrid):

Also, current test access is kinda expensive, but open beta (free tests) is scheduled for "this winter".