Gath69

Is there a way to track spotting damage? Also 8.7 out Monday 7/29(What?)

With one of the current Missions being "I See You" (which I do like the idea of getting a free set of Coated Optics), is there a way to track your cumilative damage upon spotting?  I think I will hit 30k no problem just from my normal gameplay and grinding, but would like to know where I stand, especially as we wind down to the end of the event Sunday. 

Do your detailed battle results truncate at some point in time?  I say this because I was trying to go through each battle this AM and tally up my spotting damage at that point, but after checking back 8 or so battles it started giving me the you can no longer view the battle details, as if I had logged out and back in again. 

8.7 Comes out Monday, holy smokes that was quick.  I don't look forward to losing my T-50-2 and plan to run it a bit this weekend for S&G, plus I should be able to rake in some spotting damage in it.  The British SPG line seems interesting, a few of them are pretty gimicky, but I will work my way down it nonetheless. 

Open a speadsheet and type down spotting damage after each match.

Although this is a sure way to gather such information, it is more work than I truly want to go through and all my battles from this AM would not be included in such spreadsheet if I put one together tonight.  Maybe it is the only way though.  I know I did around 10k spotting damage this morning, had good spotting damage in my Leo PTA, Centurion and WZ 132 battles.

One bit of good news is that FTR had a note that they're going to be adding Mission Tracking to the UI at some point (who knows how long), which will allow them to set up more complex missions (with higher rewards.) 

ETA, here's the quote

Q: Will there be missions in the future that reward more extravagant prizes, like gold or garage spaces?
A: (Major Rampage) The Missions system has a great deal of depth, and you will be seeing more complex mission in the future. We have UI for missions coming in a future update which will allow you to track your progress. With the UI complex mission will become viable and you will be seeing larger prizes for those.

That would be great and very welcome indeed. 

I can't imagine that I am far off from 30k spotting damage, my grinds right now are in tanks that I tend to do a good deal of spotting damage, shoot I did almost 2k spotting damage in my 110 this AM, but I don't know if you get a message about getting the coated optics in garage immediately when you hit 30k, or if they get handed out after the event is over or what.  I just don't want to miss out on them by a small margin of spotting damage.

I thought you had to get all 30k in one day.

Edit: yup

"Keep in mind that all objectives will need to be completed before the daily bonuses reset. All progress for a mission objective will be lost at the time of the reset."

Oh shit son...  Damn, I thought it was during the duration of the event, well that ain't gonna happen.  I don't enjoy scouting that much.  If I had an in game tracking system I might have pushed for it tonight, but I have no clue how much I did total this AM.  Oh wells, no free Optics for me.

Oh shit son...  Damn, I thought it was during the duration of the event, well that ain't gonna happen.  I don't enjoy scouting that much.  If I had an in game tracking system I might have pushed for it tonight, but I have no clue how much I did total this AM.  Oh wells, no free Optics for me.

TBH it's not worth it, it's much easier to just play 10 games in a tier 8 pref and buy the Optics at full price. This gave me an excuse to play the -2 for a bit of nostalgia before the patch hits, though, so I went ahead and did that.

Totally wasn't worth it, that shit killed my 24hr/7day

Yeah I went 1/3 two nights ago and 1/1 last night, so 2/4 overall in the T-50-2.  If this was over a 3 day period like I intially thought it was a no brainer and I would've had it wrapped up already, but in one day, damn.  I started tracking it this morning, 2,500 spotting damage in 3 battles, 2 with 110 and 1 with Conqueror, so we will see how I do with my mediums and the WZ-132 tonight and decide whether it is worth grinding for it.  

I played a lot of battles last night, rotating between my Leopard PTA, Centurion 7/1 and WZ 132, which was not very profitable, but brought my winrate up in my Leo PTA, down in my WZ 132 and stayed the same in my Centurion.  Was at 72% at one point, but finished the night at 66%.

I got my optics, but it wasn't worth it.

LOL.  Well, I did the math at my current rate of 800 or so tracking damage per battle it will take me just over 30 more battles to achieve(33 at 2,500 spotting damage per 3 battles), so if I have time tonight I will shoot for it, if not oh well.  I am in a good spot with grinding the Centurion, Leo PTA and WZ, which I tend to get some spotting damage every battle even if I am not focusing on it, so hopefully it happens.

I ran about 35 WZ-131/T71 games, and mixed in some T10 mediums. All the lighting in the world won't do you any good if your teams refuse to shoot at the targets...

Do you get it right away, or have to wait?  I thought it was a weekend 30k, and could not believe I hadn't reached it.  Now I read this, but am pretty sure I am near or at 30k just on the day

Got it 4 games later.  That was annoying, but fun to rock my Chaffee all night.

I gave up last night.  Had to work early this AM and got stuck almost 2 hours past my shift last night, so my gaming time was cut short and after 20 battles I was only at 11k or so, I said "F" it and went to bed.  There is always equipment sales.