TheDarkElbow

Help w/ 50-120

This thing confuses me... Its not a medium, not a heavy, cant do the job of either tank, shit gun handling, massive weak ammorack and gets hit by more artillery than a maus....I gotta get that 50B yo and this thing is killing me....Any suggestions on playing this tank effectively?

Dont brawl with it, generally you want to peak out and shoot at a tank when it's focused on another one of your allies. The autoloader let's you do this easily by letting you unload 4 quick shots then take cover/reposition. Essentially you dont want to be trading shots ever.

I'm working my way through this one aswell. I've seen a number of talented posters suggesting, that you only drop 2 shell from your clip per poke. The reload between shots is too long to use it like US autoloaders. I've seen myself and others get into trouble with the tank, when insisting on trying to dump 3-4 shots like you would on a US autoloader.

I'm grinding this now and I totally feel you. The easiest way to get better games is to platoon with a brick heavy (E75 or STI) for pushes. Let them tank the shots and then when you're absolutely sure there's only one gun looking your way while reloading, pump 2 or 3 into the opponent.

The shit 3.3 inter shell time means you'll rarely get to squeeze off all your shots and realistically, 2 is the usual number before someone would retaliate. 

Also, this tank has garbage camo so expect to get spotted when you're exposing for shots. I still think the gun handling is better than the 50 100's though. 

Edited by prolix

Don't play it solo.  I enjoyed it, but played it mostly solo and regret doing it.  It's so much easier to play it platooned, as you know that you have someone else to help.  And don't try and shoot anything above you

I'm grinding this now and I totally feel you. The easiest way to get better games is to platoon with a brick heavy (E75 or STI) for pushes. Let them tank the shots and then when you're absolutely sure there's only one gun looking your way while reloading, pump 2 or 3 into the opponent.

The shit 3.3 inter shell time means you'll rarely get to squeeze off all your shots and realistically, 2 is the usual number before someone would retaliate. 

Also, this tank has garbage camo so expect to get spotted when you're exposing for shots. I still think the gun handling is better than the 50 100's though. 

While I agree with platooning and your overall strat, I disagree on brick heavies - they are just to slow. Better platoon with an E50 which has armor and comparable speed. The third platoon slot is situational - a 2nd E50, auoloader or T54 will probably work.

I'm not purple by any means but I did watch one on a stream once. 

Just finished the 50-120 grind and found it less enjoyable than the 50-100. Don't play solo if possible. You really need at least one other with you to take advantage of isolated targets and to keep you alive while in reload. 

Don't  be in front. Be a little back from the group fighting, or hit their targets from another location. You gotta not camp in the back tough, need to keep that gun in the battle. If you're spotted and tanks are turning turrets towards you, get into cover. I know the temptation to unload you clip is really strong, but it's not worth taking damage for. As someone else mentioned, 3 shots into target and then backing into safety is much better than taking that fourth shot and taking damage as well. In both scenarios, you're up 3 shots of damage, but in one scenario, you remain full health.

This tank, like a lot of autoloaders can really shine at the end of a match. But you gotta have the health to make it work.

Edited by TheGrizzlay