Stridsvagn 74

If the SO-76 was Real, What Stats would make you buy it?

Hi,

So: This was published on RSR today.

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/06/introducing-yugoslav-t-54-so-18-mod-tank.html#gpluscomments

I was wondering what stats it would have to have to make you think it was a balanced tier 7 premium? My guesses are as follows (lets not get too far into dispersions and the super soft stats, that will be too much for little old 54%er me,

Tier 7 Yugo MT

Hitpoints: 1150

Engine: 580 hp

Weight: 34.2 ton

Power-to-weight:  16.95hp/t

Maximum speed: 50/20 km/h

Hull traverse: 50 deg/s

Terrain resistance: 1.0/1.2/2.3

Turret traverse: 32 deg/s

Viewrange: 390

Radio range: 620

Hull armor: 100/80/45

Turret armor: 25.4/12.7/19.1

Gun: 76mm Gun M1A2 Mod. 74

AP/HEAT/HE

Damage: 115/115/185

Penetration: 149/260/38

ROF: 18.18

DPM: 2090.7

Reload: 3.30s

Accuracy: 0.4

Aimtime: 2.1s

Depression: -10

Elevation +20

How would you change they stats? Is it currently UP or OP? Would you buy such a tank? Please leave feedback on the stats (which are pretty much taken from the Type 64 and T-55A) and let me know whether would would buy such a thing if it was balanced well in the comments.

*I realize that this is not technically an upcoming change, but it would be very nice if it was. 

Thanks

Stridsvagn 74

yszgOuM.jpg

I'm not sure if any nation developed half-decent HEAT for the 76mm...

Either way, 0/10 would not buy for any reason. Paper turret on stronk hull still means no armor (stronk turret on paper hull works, but not vice versa...). It would troll the shit out of baddie autoaimers, but that's about it as you take full-HE pen after full-HE pen from equal-tier HT/MT (rip against 85mm/90mm HE)

I can see this working if the 76mm HVAP ammo was standard and this thing had amazing gun dispersion while moving. That would make the mega-ultra bad turret armor less of an issue since it is very small and hard to hit while the tank is gunning it around.

Otherwise, yeah, a 76mm gun on any platform at that tier is an extremely tough sell, unless its the super 76 on the Bulldog and T71

I mean, it's an interesting tank and all........but overall I would say no with the stats it has now.

The turret it just way too weak to do the things I usually like to do.  The accuracy is pretty scary to.  But that doesn't mean a lot of super testing can make it work!!! :D

>25mm turret armor, 76mm gun

No.

Well, you are ignoring all the good points of the tank, but yeah. Would tier 6 be better? The problem is mobility starts to get out of hand at tier 6, and the hull is miles ahead of any tier 6 heavy.

I mean, it's an interesting tank and all........but overall I would say no with the stats it has now.

The turret it just way too weak to do the things I usually like to do.  The accuracy is pretty scary to.  But that doesn't mean a lot of super testing can make it work!!! :D

Accuracy of all the US 76mm M1A1 is 0.4 There is nothing I can do about that. Gun stats are copied from the Type 64 fully. Maybe more RoF... but then it gets more RoF and pen (it already has more pen already) compared to the T20 with the same gun. 

I can see this working if the 76mm HVAP ammo was standard and this thing had amazing gun dispersion while moving. That would make the mega-ultra bad turret armor less of an issue since it is very small and hard to hit while the tank is gunning it around.

Otherwise, yeah, a 76mm gun on any platform at that tier is an extremely tough sell, unless its the super 76 on the Bulldog and T71

If we gave the M1A1 it's APCR ammo, it would get a lot better (near in-game 90mm M3 pen) and I can see dispersion for this tank being very good. It would have to be :(

I'm not sure if any nation developed half-decent HEAT for the 76mm...

Either way, 0/10 would not buy for any reason. Paper turret on stronk hull still means no armor (stronk turret on paper hull works, but not vice versa...). It would troll the shit out of baddie autoaimers, but that's about it as you take full-HE pen after full-HE pen from equal-tier HT/MT (rip against 85mm/90mm HE)

Yugoslavia developed 76mm HEAT. It had over 300mm penetration. 

How good would certain soft stats have to be before you did buy it?

I agree with the hull armor not really meaning anything, as you cannot fire without exposing your weakspot. Yep for rip versus HE.

Edited by Stridsvagn 74

Soft stats would at least need to be Comet + Vstab good. Also, at least 0.36 accuracy so i wouldn't be donking shots into the dirt 200m away on a stationary enemy >.>

Even then, mobility better be at least T-55A level. That turret armor pretty much gave it WTE-100 syndrome (great hull yeah but shit turret means auto-pen on every hit)

Soft stats would at least need to be Comet + Vstab good. Also, at least 0.36 accuracy so i wouldn't be donking shots into the dirt 200m away on a stationary enemy >.>

Even then, mobility better be at least T-55A level. That turret armor pretty much gave it WTE-100 syndrome (great hull yeah but shit turret means auto-pen on every hit)

Accuracy cannot be changed, but the soft stats I agree with. As well, it could probably be the most mobile tier 7 medium, if it got T-55A resistances and better power to weight due to the lighter turret. 

Accuracy cannot be changed, but the soft stats I agree with. As well, it could probably be the most mobile tier 7 medium, if it got T-55A resistances and better power to weight due to the lighter turret. 

Why cant accuracy be changed?

Accuracy sometimes even changes when you swap a turret, and its 100% balance parameter

This tank will never work though, the turret is just too weak and the gun to small, with T25/2 turret and a good 90mm it might work at tier 7, but not with a 76mm and a hellcat turret

This tank will never work though, the turret is just too weak and the gun to small, with T25/2 turret and a good 90mm it might work at tier 7, but not with a 76mm and a hellcat turret

With T25/2 turret and a good 90mm it would make the 25/2 instantly completely obsolete.

At present Tier 7 is all this... thing... can be possibly placed at, unfortunately, I don't like the turret either but... there's not much of a choice.

I see you are talking about this

gtIYmYE.jpg

-fuck the HEAT shell, just give it the normal murican APCR and bump the pen up a bit (as long as it's in the 190mm range it's fine, T-43 only has 194)
-give it low movement bloom to compensate for the poor base accuracy (think Patton)
-paper turret can be somewhat negated if OTM accuracy is good enough (reliably hitting 300m snapshots while moving)
-make it slightly less mobile than the Comet to keep it from being too good
-nerf view range to 380m (same as Comet and T20)

Why make it a medium when you can make it a TD and buff the gun that way?

Tier 7 Yugo TD

Hitpoints: 900

Weight: 34.2 ton

Power-to-weight:  16.95hp/t

Terrain resistance: 0.9/1.1/2.1

Turret traverse: 32 deg/s

View range: 380

Turret armor: 25.4/12.7/19.1

Gun: 76mm Gun M1A2 Mod. 74

APCR/HE

Damage: 115/185

Penetration: 177//38

ROF: 22.00

DPM: 2530.0

Reload: 2.70s

Accuracy: 0.33

Aim time: 1.5s

Depression: -10

Elevation +20

Not even as gift. I don't see this thing working. 

AndI don't have the feeling I want to play such a patchwork tank. With the Type 64 it at least feels logical. Something I totally miss here. 

It has a fixed turret.

No it did not. The turret ring of the hellcat was welded on. 

As to making it a TD, more premium TDs are not likely for now, with new ones not getting camo bonus and view range like other premmie TDs. 

As for scrapping the HEAT... why not use Hellcat APCR as standard, while keeping the HEAT at 270mm-280mm pen. 

This tank IMHO can be balanced, and I would like to thank everyone for their ideas. 

Edited by Stridsvagn 74

I know WG hates pref-MM tanks, but what if they explicitly tried balancing this thing against the T23E3?

I mean, not many people like that thing anyway, but it would be workable.

I'm not sure why you would want that but the tank would like end up so bad that nobody would play it. On the EU server, the T23 is almost extinct.

Depending on the soft stats and the MM, I could see myself liking this thing.  The improved pen over a normal M1A2 would be nice, plus you could argue that Yugomagic improved the gun accuracy too.  With the APCR, it would have better average pen than most tier 7 meds.

If this thing was a T7TD, it would have to have worse stats than the T25/2 and Challenger.

Nope.jpg

Possibly Final Stats

(Buffed Pen to APCR/HEAT/HE, Buffed HP pool, buffed terrain resistance, buffed hp/ton, nerfed view range to 380)

Tier 7 Yugo MT

Hitpoints: 1300

Weight: 34.0 ton

Power-to-weight: 17.1hp/t

Terrain resistance: 0.7/0.8/1.4

Turret traverse: 32 deg/s

Viewrange: 380m