GhostTaco

Obj. 140 vs FV4202 For MT-15

P.S. I'm new to the forums. If there is a better place than this for this question please move it. Already posted on the official forums, so I wanted some answers from people with a bit more experience. :)

I've been having a lot of trouble completing MT-15 for the T28HTC. I either get into games where there aren't enough TDs or the other players kill them before I am able to. My current highest tier mediums are the Cent 7/1 and the T-54. I feel like moving up to tier 10 might make encounters with TDs more prevalent and since they have more hp, I might actually be able to do 2k damage before they all die.

I have both the FV4202 and the Obj. 140 unlocked, but I'm having trouble deciding which one to get. I know the Obj. 140 is considered one of the best meds in the game and the FV is one of the worst, but I feel like the FV might be better for the mission because of the higher alpha and HESH shell. There's also the faint hope of a free premium in the future.

The other thing is credit grinding. I have literally nothing. So I figure I will sell the Cent 7/1 either way, since I don't like it, but I'll only sell the T-54 if I move to the 140. I won't keep the T-54 if I go to the 140 because I only have one RU med crew.

What this means is if I decide on the FV, I'll have to grind 4 million credits. Instead of 2 million for the 140.

FV4202 vs Obj. 140 (As far as I can tell)

What the FV does better than the 140

• 4mm more penetration
  • Better frontal armor
  • 4 degrees more gun depression
  • Better power/weight
  • 10m more view range
  • 0.03 better accuracy
  • 70 more alpha damage
  • HESH round has 210 pen and 480 alpha
  • 50 more HP

What the 140 does better than the FV

• 220 more dpm
  • Faster shell velocity
  • More effective turret armor
  • Better terrain resistance
  • 15 km/h faster
  • Premium round with better penetration
  • Better hull traverse
  • Better dispersion on the gun

TL;DR: I'm convinced the Obj. 140 is a better option than the FV4202 and I want you guys to convince me otherwise.

Object 140 is a much better tank. FV has some redeeming features but the Object is just much better. In this case what should win out for you is the much better mobility and DPM, which will allow you to be that much more efficient in kicking TD ass.

In my opinion, pay more attention to which tank you'll likely prefer long term rather than which one will help with this one mission.  That mission is complete RNG.  I finished it in the 140 when there were only two TDs on the other team and both were tier 9.  Things just happened to line up so well in that one that I managed to solo one and almost solo the other.  On the other hand I had a handful of other battles when there were several TDs on the other team, but circumstances didn't allow for me to farm them.

Additionally, consider which tank you'll have more fun in.  Not getting the proper MM for a mission is much less frustrating in a tank you enjoy.  I've never personally played the 4202, but in watching replays it I also don't have a lot of desire to ever unlock it.  The 140 is just ridiculously fun imo.

Side note: I'd think really hard about selling the T-54.  The T-62A is a really nice tank as well and gives you a second tier 10 med to play around with.  This tends to be particularly appealing since the T-54 is a fun tank itself, making the grind feel much less grindy than it might otherwise.  The lack of another crew is a relatively easy fix.  Retrain from another Russian class, put female crew members, start a new one on the 54 while grinding the second tank, etc.

I don't recall having to try to do MT missions, you will most likely tick them off as you play but purely on a performance basis I would say the 140 would be your better bet. LT's and HT's have a few tricky ones where you have to focus in on them.

Thanks for the help guys. I finally got it in my Centurion, so the mission is no longer a concern in choosing the tank. Which obviously means I'm going to go with the Obj 140. Can't wait! Just need to grind 3 million credits now. :S

Side note: I'd think really hard about selling the T-54.  The T-62A is a really nice tank as well and gives you a second tier 10 med to play around with.  This tends to be particularly appealing since the T-54 is a fun tank itself, making the grind feel much less grindy than it might otherwise.  The lack of another crew is a relatively easy fix.  Retrain from another Russian class, put female crew members, start a new one on the 54 while grinding the second tank, etc.

As for the T-62A, I'd rather get something that is less similar to the Obj. 140 like the E-50M or BatChat. Plus, I can always rebuy the T-54 if I do decide I want the 62A.

Couple more questions. I assume the equipment for the Obj. 140 is the same as the T-54, yeah? VStab, Rammer, Vents? Also I run food in the T-54 because I rarely get set on fire, does the 140 catch fire more often? Should I take an AFE instead of food?

If you train jack of all trades on commander you can swap out the medkit and run AFE, food and repair kit - that way you keep food and fire extinguisher and if you loose crew you not at too much of a disadvantage.