Sign in to follow this  
Chi Ri

More Japanese heavy size comparisons

34 posts in this topic

Unless it has a gun that can depress at a near vertical angle just hug its side in anything shorter than a Fascist box tenk and you're essentially invulnerable to it.

I actually have no idea how they intend to go about balancing these so that they aren't terrible.

To be fair, it might be kinda neat to have tanks where hugging the side is a good idea. Right now there's very, very few tanks that you'll ever want to try that with, and when you do you'll be in an ELC or something.

Right now I don't think balancing them is possible. The only way to make them decent is via that planned arty rework. Until then, no matter how good you make them against other tanks, they'll still just get bombed the moment they leave arty cover.

Edited by Rexxie

Unless it has a gun that can depress at a near vertical angle just hug its side in anything shorter than a Fascist box tenk and you're essentially invulnerable to it.

I actually have no idea how they intend to go about balancing these so that they aren't terrible.

Yes but on the other hand you can shoot the roofs and decks without problems. If the thing is as stupidly tall as the drawings suggest a sidescraping is-4 is dead meat to it even with lowish pen. Hell I wonder if the derp gun wouldn't work on it. Also 113 drivers will have to get very close or they will loose a lot of armor if the t9 and t10 are even close to being as tall.

How do you plan on surviving long enough to get that close?

If the t9 and t10 are as high and have more armor than the t8 it's not like you are vaporised the moment the battle starts. 

In no way I suggest those tanks are awesome but some people here claim like playing them means dying in 5s while forgetting that if you are cautious you can create some funny situations. It won't happen often but when it will fun times will be had.

If the t9 and t10 are as high and have more armor than the t8 it's not like you are vaporised the moment the battle starts. 

In no way I suggest those tanks are awesome but some people here claim like playing them means dying in 5s while forgetting that if you are cautious you can create some funny situations. It won't happen often but when it will fun times will be had.

It goes both ways, absurdly fun for you AND the enemy, depending on the map.

It goes both ways, absurdly fun for you AND the enemy, depending on the map.

Yes but isn't it the same with all troll tanks? The only difference is here the whole line is troll. You don't play it for the WR, you play it for pubbie tears, kinda like the KV2.

Edited by hazzgar

I really think it's a really good way. They should make most of the line just very strange troll tanks so they introduce some new gameplay and counter some tanks while not being terribely good but end the line with 1-2 decent heavies that make the grind worth it.

If anybody here* was thinking about grinding out an arty line it seems like a good idea to wait for the Jap heavies...

*Not that anybody here would...

Those long and huge flat surfaces will be arties and hesh users wet dreams.

T8 the whole side hull is spaced and the turret side is 220mm so pretty decent protection vs hesh for a t8.

Yes but on the other hand you can shoot the roofs and decks without problems. If the thing is as stupidly tall as the drawings suggest a sidescraping is-4 is dead meat to it even with lowish pen. Hell I wonder if the derp gun wouldn't work on it. Also 113 drivers will have to get very close or they will loose a lot of armor if the t9 and t10 are even close to being as tall.

113 drivers will have to get further away....if the gun can depress on them that easily the last thing you want to do is get closer to make it even easier to pen your tank.  You want to get further away, where the angle might be a bit more level.

These tanks will be complete shit though.  Arty will fuck them before they have a chance to do anything on the battlefield.

I think big tanks like these will only make the game more fun.

But rip if there's any arty.

113 drivers will have to get further away....if the gun can depress on them that easily the last thing you want to do is get closer to make it even easier to pen your tank.  You want to get further away, where the angle might be a bit more level.

These tanks will be complete shit though.  Arty will fuck them before they have a chance to do anything on the battlefield.

you get close enough and sidehug. Though yes if you cant stay away

I'm going to love using these are a rolling wall to hide behind. Its like the TOG, I always love using them as bullet shields, my T1/M6 were at the perfect height to only show my turret when behind the back end of the TOG, hope I can use them the same way