SkittlesOfSteeI

GG wargaming GG

Fuck Wargaming! My brother plays this as well and sometimes uses my pc since his is a potato pos. We shall see what happens

If WG truly bans everybody who's had more than one account played from the same IP address, they're well and truly fucking themselves over.  Countless people who have roommates or siblings will get hit.  How do IP addresses work in like dorm rooms.  Will every room have a separate IP address, or will the entire building be assigned a single IP address? I have no idea how that works.

This will probably be a fiasco of epic proportions before all is said and done.

Hey Ron, how was the Overnight?"

"Oh hey Grunt, it was Ok, do we normally have to ban so many people?"

"Yeah some days. Why what's up"

"Well things got kinda dull and I started looking at our Alt Investigations folder. I went through and finished their investigations and banned like 50 of them, so you're day would be easier." -noticemesenpaiplsplspls

"Oh.....thanks I guess...."

*sits and opens forums*

"Roooooooonnnn!"

"Y-y-yes?"

"Whats with all these support tickets from D-O-S and SHOJO?"

"Oh those are just the Alts I banned." -plsplspls notice me senpai

"You banned......half of DOS, and most of the commanding structure or SHOJO...."

"Yeah they were alts...."

"Office. Now."

And that's how that's gonna go.

For prosterity

RIP. Now my thread's been locked as well.

Fuckin shitty WG mods

I cant even find your thread.

That's cause it got removed yo

Myself and two friends got banned for this about a week ago. None of us have alts.

One of us has still yet to be unbanned.

like, permaban?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/450498-so-supposidly-people-are-being-banned-for-using-alt-accounts/

lets see how long this thread lasts

Myself and two friends got banned for this about a week ago. None of us have alts.

One of us has still yet to be unbanned.

like, permaban?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/450498-so-supposidly-people-are-being-banned-for-using-alt-accounts/

lets see how long this thread lasts

Yeah. His account is still locked and his ticket is still unanswered.

Inb4 Mudkip is rip

one-does-not-simply-rustle-my-jimmies.jp

umm

[Thread closed - discussing/disputing moderator actions]

~Pleuracanthus

if a mod says something

mods didnt say anything

mods confirmed illuminati?

eye_reasonably_small_400x400.jpg

no seriously

what the fuck

you arent allowed to talk about mods

WHAT IS THIS, SOVIET RUSSIA????

oh wait...shit

This move makes very little sense. Only SHOJO and DOS got targeted, and few people in either clan got banned. If this were an automated system, a huge amount of players would have been banned (in all sorts of clans). Everyone knows that inactive/dead accounts are used by clans in case somebody's tank is locked or whatever the officers need it for. In-clan socking seems fairly common from my contacts with people in other clans. That is not limited to top clans, though. Even people who aren't involved in the clan aspect share accounts. I have met people in game who will log onto their friend's accounts to get doubles or purchase something on sale from the premium shop for their friend. And that doesn't even factor in those who access accounts from different locations. I live between two places and log on from both.

So why did the bans happen? Some people speculated because of SHOJO and DOS raiding general chat the other night, but that wouldn't result in a perma-ban. Furthermore, BT was said to have been involved with that, and they have had nobody banned. I'm just baffled at this. The mods are locking down the forums until people in charge arrive tomorrow and see how to sort through this mess. Will there be more bans? Or will the banned be unbanned and the whole matter swept under the rug? Who knows? I'm somewhat excited to see how this plays out, as well as a bit apprehensive (although, as I law abiding citizen, I have no need to be :^).

Here are Screenshots of the clan pages for those of you too lazy to look it up yourself (trigger warning: very long images):

SHOJO

4wPsP7P.png

DOS

PD3lG9n.png

Notable clans that have Permabanned players.

R-7: 5 players

JIMBO: 1 player

ANDES: 1 player

SHOJO: 11 players

DOS: 7 players

MAHOU: 2 players

Hope I didn't miss any.

*wonders when BULBA will get nailed by this newly awakened BanHammer Kappa

Hmm, anyone know if instead of alt accounts this is related to the chat exploit bug?

I don't know if DOS or MAHOU used it (I don't recall any accusation against them), I'm mainly thinking this as R-7 had multiple allegations against them.

Hmm, anyone know if instead of alt accounts this is related to the chat exploit bug?

I don't know if DOS or MAHOU used it (I don't recall any accusation against them), I'm mainly thinking this as R-7 had multiple allegations against them.

Then wouldn't ADOBE be getting rekt by the banhammer?

Edited by rojo180

No clue, I'm just curious as to what the wording was on the ban (if there was one).

OP just mentioned "alts" but it would be nice to see the official sanction.

Also, are the people banned habitual offenders in other things, was this there first ever brush with the "WG law," etc? Wonder if the "alt" was just an excuse by WG and they are using it as the culmination of a multitude of other offenses.

DOS was not even alive till they removed fog of war to deal with the chat bug. 

Also, this does seem to be some sort of alting ban. I don't want to directly incriminate anyone, as I am not aware of some of these accounts alting, but I cannot see it being anything else.

If they are really banning for using alt accounts, they need to take a hard look at themselves. I could easily be banned for it. I cannot imagine that much of the actual high end playerbase would not get banned, if so. If there are other reasons, they need to make them clear. 

Still, I guess we have to wait for whatever they'll say tomorrow before loading up on pitchforks.

I get that we're DOS, but we've been back for about a week. Any sort of alting has not been going on for very long. There are years of alting in other clans, among differently clans, if WG is really wanting to start enforcing this. Then again, I bet it's super easy to enforce it on the clans they hate first. Fuck wargaming.

DOS started the rebuild after the campaign so I doubt it

after mini campaign brah...!! I till feel another mini campaign after IS5, there another tier 7-8 prem tank before tier X prem tank (choose by yourself) in 4th campaign the end years

No clue, I'm just curious as to what the wording was on the ban (if there was one).

Also, are the people banned habitual offenders in other things, was this there first ever brush with the "WG law," etc? Wonder if the "alt" was just an excuse by WG and they are using it as the culmination of a multitude of other offenses.

http://i.imgur.com/Yvs2DdN.jpg

Edited by SkittlesOfSteeI

http://i.imgur.com/Yvs2DdN.jpg

Who wants

Hmm so no warning or anything? That sucks.

I made an account for my Dad, Sister, and Mom trying to get them to play (all on the same IP). They didn't play hardly at all but I really don't want to get banned because of something bloody stupid like that.

I'm hoping if they do say something they will give a warning as I've only ever even received two educational warnings on the forums and never gotten banned in game for anything.

If they're really going to keep people banned for alt accounts, it would be pretty easy to make a list of accounts in major clans that are used regularly for alt accounts, and give that to wargaming. Half the major clans would be banned overnight if alting is really going to be banned from now on.

My guess is that some new intern is working in support. The intern clearly effed up, and many of the bans have already been removed. The rest eventually will, but WG will say something like "guys we're really about to start cracking down on this." I really don't see them saying "oh ya, sorry, we messed up."

It's really in everyone's best interests that none of these accounts remain banned.