gigipanzer

Farewell Friends

{{{{I posted this on World of tanks forums so if you read it there, stop reading. }}}

I have been a part of this community since the very beginning. I started during closed beta. (Anyone remember the days of free gold every day?). Haha. Anyways I did not make this post to [edited]about problems, wargaming, etc etc, as many have. It is meant to be a simple goodbye. I have had loads of fun with this game. I have met many amazing people, especially after my long break from the game where after 13k battles I was still 600 wn8 and within a year I was playing at 3k + wn8. Thank you, everyone who has taught me. 

The first chunk of my battles was just me screwing around. After I came back about a year ago, I learned of XVM. Since that point I have been playing this game just because I wanted to improve. I wanted to prove that I also can play at that high level. Im not just some everyday "S$%^lord". This has been both rewarding and also debilitating. Now that I have been playing the last 5k battles at ~3k and 61%, I feel like there is no more drive to keep playing this game.

Unfortunately, I have to go guys. I need to begin a new chapter in my life. I am starting college next year, and I need to turn my focus towards other things. I will be checking back with friends every now and again of the forums. However, as soon as my Silver League Team finds a replacement for me I will be uninstalling this game forever.

Its been real guys! Seriously. I hate to go but I know it is the right decision!! Thanks Wargaming for the spectacular game, Mods (for everything), Players, Friends, so forth! I am going to miss you all <3

Here's a vidya for yalls <3

Hey Good luck and GG,

We'll see you next week!

I hope not tbh :(

LOL... Here's why most of us cannot quit this crack like addiction.

1) Do you have a replacement ready?

2) Your daily battles played is still fairly high. With people who are ready to quit (I've noticed), their daily games played is in the single digits and their stats look like they don't give a flying fuck anymore. That's the trend that I've noticed at least, among my past friends. I also believe this applies to WotLab folks only, as we are all obsessed with stroking our e-peen.

3) One simply does not quit this game unless Serb allows it. Russian Bias.

4) 9.9 coming out with interesting changes

5) Reference #3

6) Aren't you on summer break? Which goes back to #1...

Don't get me wrong here... if you have truly decided to quit, god bless and good luck on your next venture. I'd sell everything and convert everything to free xp and make returning to this game as difficult as possible. 

Good luck with college, chances are the game will still be around when you get finished, if and when you decide to come back.

Only those that have uninstalled have truly won at WoT. 

GL&HF

Edited by weesh

Hey Good luck and GG,

We'll see you next week!

2) Your daily battles played is still fairly high. With people who are ready to quit (I've noticed), their daily games played is in the single digits and their stats look like they don't give a flying fuck anymore. That's the trend that I've noticed at least, among my past friends. I also believe this applies to WotLab folks only, as we are all obsessed with stroking our e-peen.

5) Reference #3

6) Aren't you on summer break? Which goes back to #1...

Don't get me wrong here... if you have truly decided to quit, god bless and good luck on your next venture. I'd sell everything and convert everything to free xp and make returning to this game as difficult as possible. 

Thats not a terrible idea, ill buy ammo and camo nets

Hey Good luck and GG,

We'll see you next week!

5) Reference #3

q

Even if I don't know you: farewell and much success in college.

What I don't get: how do people have such "digital" lifes? Can only do 1 thing and nothing else?

I play computer games all my life and also have quite a lot of other hobbies. This never hindered me to study at the university or do my job or anything else.

There is no reason to quit, just because you go to college now :)

Only my 2 cc.

GG's, sir. I know the feels. Take pride in the fact that you managed to best 99.9% of the player base. In the echo-chamber of WoT sommunities, that gets lost a bit, but it is an excellent accomplishment. Good luck, and don't be afraid to pop back in here.

I tried to leave once, yet here I am...

But really, kudos if you actually stay gone. Good luck in college!

Wait... turtle is back?

Dude, Foxey is recruiting.