bjshnog

Fallout Series

Is the only way to get working copies of Fallout 1&2 really Steam nowadays? It's kinda expensive, and I'm still but a poor student.

After 11 hours of gameplay, here are my first impressions on Fallout 2:

• Dialogue options are much better and more diverse than they were in Fallout 1.

Btw, if you play a char with Int of 3 or lower, you get totally new dialoge for most of the game.

Fallout Tactics also exists (XCom style gameplay), however, I've not played it, and have heard mixed reviews.

It's actually pretty good. There's no story to speak of, but the gameplay is fun and challenging. While it's not as good as X-Com, it's worth trying if you like that style of game.

As for the rest of the series, I played A TON of Fallout 2 back in the day. Made the mistake of playing 2 before 1, so couldn't get into that due to some QoL issues. Never could get into the newer ones, TES style RPGs in general just don't do it for me.

Played 'em all, still play NV and will until 4 comes out later this year...I hope:)

It's actually pretty good. There's no story to speak of, but the gameplay is fun and challenging. While it's not as good as X-Com, it's worth trying if you like that style of game.

So it's the Icewind Dale of Fallout?

So I was just doing Lonesome Road, and when I exited the Hopeville missile silo, I thought I heard some music from the original Fallout. Turned my volume right up, and sure enough, that's Fallout ambient music! It made me happy for a while.

Also, apparently people don't really like Dead Money. I don't get that at all. It was a change of pace, but I greatly enjoyed both times I played through it.

It would be great if not many important flaws. The first one is holo-security. Truly immortal guards who can kill everything on sight? Dafug was that? I'm still waiting for mod disabling holo-Terminators. Then we have a plot - good in general but really bad in detail. Why Obsidian decided to ignore Veronica-Elijah relationship? Indestructible speakers also are terrible part of DM - what kind of sick engineer would build rocket proof speaker? Also toxic cloud should cause some permanent loses in health to show players that Sierra Madre is a bitch place. In one of my favourites fanfics (based on Fallout series btw) there's a destroyed capital city covered by toxic cloud but it was fully logical and way more dangerous than the one in DM. 

DM had a great potential but Obsidian lost their chance to make an awesome semi-survival add-on. It's too easy and stupid sometimes to make me put an effort.

In one of my favourites fanfics (based on Fallout series btw) there's a destroyed capital city covered by toxic cloud but it was fully logical and way more dangerous than the one in DM.

Yes, it would have been great if heavy armour caused increased damage in the cloud. I was actually expecting that going in from that fanfic. Still, the characters alone makes Dead Money worth it for me.

Dead Money is a good DLC, only downsides I see is: You cannot return (Without mods anyway), whereas in other DLCs you can return to farm components/weapons/etc.

It may have been eclipsed by other DLCS namely OWB and Lonesome Road, but still much better than Honest Hearts. Honest Hearts is a disappointment, it's only good because of .45ACP guns.

On 7/6/2015, 8:16:45, rirarumpel said:

Is the only way to get working copies of Fallout 1&2 really Steam nowadays? It's kinda expensive, and I'm still but a poor student.

try GOG   http://www.gog.com/games/role-playing##search=fallout&sort=bestselling&page=1

I still have an old sys that I run them on with the original cd's but I watch the site for sales.  The site is DRM free and reworks the originals to work with modern systems. 

yep thats a fallout game

Pretty hyped. I see Bethesda has kept up their track record of having some of the worst human animation of any big-name company though. Game is definitely a small step up from Skyrim in visuals, but not animation.

GPU y u die now

I think I've made myself way too excited for this than I really ought to be (hell, I even bought the stupid Fallout mouse, which is getting shipped from the US, which cost far more than I should have spent on a mouse, but I digress), I take solace in that I know I'll be thrilled with it even if it's just a little better than Fallout 3.

Edit: Just watched that last trailer, I really hope the main questline isn't entirely linear, even if it's something simple like picking whose side you fight on, otherwise looked really cool, animations aren't amazing, but I can live with that.

Will still be a while before I can build my PC though. :(

Really hyped... but...

I don't like how Bethesda seem to be in bed with Xbox again, especially seeing as it's the most unpopular compared to PS4 and PC. I first played Fallout 3 on PS3 and the waits for the expansions because it was timed xbox exclusives killed me.

Also, what's this I hear about the map being the size of Whiterun from Skyrim and being able to walk horizontally across it in 11 minutes? Hoping that's bull.

23 minutes ago, Zezti said:

Really hyped... but...

I don't like how Bethesda seem to be in bed with Xbox again, especially seeing as it's the most unpopular compared to PS4 and PC. I first played Fallout 3 on PS3 and the waits for the expansions because it was timed xbox exclusives killed me.

Also, what's this I hear about the map being the size of Whiterun from Skyrim and being able to walk horizontally across it in 11 minutes? Hoping that's bull.

Considering this has roughly double the locations of Fallout 3, I find that really hard to believe. Maybe 11 minutes in the shortest part of the map, sure? Otherwise that seems absurd. Imagine packing 300 locations into Whiterun province. Impossible.