kunjuro

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING: Tier X Centurion Action X

Taken from Rita: http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/07/centurion-action-x-fv4202-replacement.html#more
Dammnnn, a FV4202 with better stats AND a usable gold (HEAT) round!
gWvjwi69_yg.jpg
Description:
The Action X turret was proposed to be used on later Centurion variants. One prototype of the turret was installed on a Centurion Mk.7 chassis and another was used for ballistic testing. It was neither mass-produced nor accepted in service.

Tier: 10 MT
Hitpoints: 1950
Engine: 1040 hp
Weight: 55 tons
Power-to-weight: 18,91 hp/t
Maximum speed: 45/20 km/h
Hull traverse: 50 deg/s
Turret traverse: 41,7 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 0,671/0,767/1,534
Viewrange: 410
Radio range: 782,1

Hull armor: 120,7/50,8/?
Turret armor: 198,1/152,4/?

Gun: 105mm L7
Damage: 390/390/480
Penetration: 268/330/105 (APDS/HEAT/HESH)
ROF: 7,276
DPM: 2837,5
Reload: 8,247
Accuracy: 0,307
Aimtime: 2,01s
Depression: -10/+20

Thoughts? How do you think this compares to the existing tier X mediums like the patton and the STB? Let the hype commence :)) 

Edited by kunjuro

Mobility looks okay, with good HP/T, terrain resist and a decent top speed, but will be slower than other meds. Nice DPM for an L7. Standard accuracy and aim times (.32 and 2.1 sec base)

I don't see bloom stats and effective turret armour, so no comment beyond this. The forehead looks like an issue.

Edited by TeaTime

That turret armour looks concerning, don't think you will be able to stay hulldown for long in this. Should still be an upgrade to the FV4202, although the HESH was fun to use sometimes and will be missed.

To be honest, it doesn´t look very good at all.

The only advantage it has over the FV4202 are the HEAT-ammo, better bloom-values and a wooping 5 kp/h speedboost (which means it still is the slowest tier 10 medium)

cent_tth.jpg

For that you are trading any kind of armor you had on the FV (The upper plate is now cheese and so is the turretroof) and get a worse acceleration.

So at the end a bad tier 10 med will just gets replaced by another bad tier 10 med.

It has all the best rounds, has some decent accuracy and great penetration.......

Mobility is a bit weak IMO but it looks like it will be a fun tank to play.  If it's anything like the Centurions though there should be some troll factor in the gun mantlet.

Same mobility as Fv4202, but a bit higher top speed (so thats good), same acc, aim time and dpm.

If it gets better gun handling as Fv42 and good turret armor, this tank might work, since the 3 main flaws of Fv 42 are worthless top speed, no turret armor and worthless gun handling, also lack of gold rounds is annoying (and will be fixed)

So the turret armor will make or break this tank more or less....

It has all the best rounds, has some decent accuracy and great penetration.......

Mobility is a bit weak IMO but it looks like it will be a fun tank to play.  If it's anything like the Centurions though there should be some troll factor in the gun mantlet.

it has no gun mantlet, its the same as the 4202. Just a hole with a gun sticking out.

it has no gun mantlet, its the same as the 4202. Just a hole with a gun sticking out.

ya i saw it...

no space armor on the new British Med Tank

So second highest DPM of all 105mm guns, behind the STB but has 0.307 dispersion and 2s aim time? Yes pls.

Wish it was textured >.>

The turret roof is at around 65 degrees, thickness seems to vary between 96 and 86mm- this makes it 192-172 effective against AP. This means that it's a huge weakspot on level ground and especially from above, but if you are hulldown on a slope the angle quickly goes beyond the autobounce threshold.

The lower parts of the turret are 198mm thick, but it's difficult to judge the horizontal angle of the cheeks. The areas right next to the gun are pretty much flat, however.

4vzC06J.jpg

So second highest DPM of all 105mm guns, behind the STB but has 0.307 dispersion and 2s aim time? Yes pls.

Wish it was textured >.>

...it's the same gun as the FV4202. Same DPM and everything.

Cent Action X looks like garbage, sorry. Like said above, it's a slightly faster. HESH-enabled 4202 with no hull armor.

I see WG changed their policy of "all new t10 tanks are stupid op" to "all new t10 tanks are stupid"...

Seriously why not make it at least SLIGHTLY different than other tanks. Not the same but worse. Now it looks like it won't be the worst t10 medium, just tied for the worst with the m48 patton

Replace premium HESH with HEAT, give it some real turret armor and buff ammorack's durability - c'mon, WG. It's much easier than making a "new" tank model.

It looks pretty dissapointing. That 10 percent difference in speed and actual gold round arent worth the loss of the upper plate and turret. The turret wasnt great before but this seems like it will be missing more troll bounces. The useable gold round is nice but the Hesh addded flavor to the tank. Having two gold rounds might make it a bit more interesting. Not good, but still give it that british flavor.

Going to keep my hopes up, I kept the stupid FV4202 for a reason. Lord knows I could use that 3 mil creds. I think this thing has the potential to be decent if WG does it right (HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA yea right). If they work the angles and make the turret decent, give it better gun handling stats, make sure it hits that 45 top speed fucking often and hold it like a maus holds 19, and I think it should be ok. It'd be nice if it replaced its normal HE/shitty HESH (cant remember if its shitty hesh or normal HE) with the premium HESH anyways so it was APCR/HEAT/HESH and all three being *decent* in their own way. Honestly I wouldn't even care if they made this thing OP as shit, better OP mediums than OP TDs/arty.

im going to miss my 4202 (fuck all the people who say its bad) 

im also going to miss the HESH round. because that round is hilarious.

they need to buff the turret armour on this, last year it was rumored to be like 240mm or something, give it that and it should be fine. it needs to be worth something over the loss of the ability to bounce JPE rounds off the angled UFP.

Edited by Assassin7