kunjuro

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING: Tier X Centurion Action X

It has a new armor model, obviously. Other stats seem to be almost identical to the current FV42, only Centurion has +5 km/h faster top speed and it gets 330 HEAT.

For now it looks very similar to the M48 Patton. If they lower the gun dispersion a bit, and make the turret bouncy when on higher ground it should be decent.

Also, Centurions are cool looking tanks! <3

Edited by Bobi_Kreeg

It has a new armor model, obviously. Other stats seem to be almost identical to the current FV42, only Centurion has +5 km/h faster top speed and it gets 330 HEAT.

For now it looks very similar to the M48 Patton. If they lower the gun dispersion a bit, and make the turret bouncy when on higher ground it should be decent.

Also, Centurions are cool looking tanks! <3

You mean it should play the same to the patton? That's not exactly a good tank. 

If the turret armor is rly as worthless as Fv42, then this tank will also be worthless...

(unles WG gives it conqueror like gun handling, but i doubt that :P )

That little tidbit of historical info would mean more here if WG actually was able to ever model the  FV4202 turret right in the first place.  Even the HD model is terribly off.

Edited by TheMostComfortableTanker

That little tidbit of historical info would mean more here if WG actually was able to ever model the  FV4202 turret right in the first place.  Even the HD model is terribly off.

Don't believe the Maggieboos, it's mostly correct:

q6ocT8S.png

zv1z.png

Don't believe the Maggieboos, it's mostly correct:

It was more the shape I was concerned about than the armor.  It was corrected a lot with the HD model (thank god), but I believe the sides should be more sloped, plus there should be less of a "turret ring".  The turret in general just still feels off, though at least the rear and cupola were fixed.

No one has mentioned the fact yet that this tank fires APDS as standard and not APCR, that should be interesting.

No one has mentioned the fact yet that this tank fires APDS as standard and not APCR, that should be interesting.

There is no difference in game.

Both sub-caliber rounds as far is game concerned.

You know what's funny? Everyone is forgetting that it's gonna be using the Centurion 7/1's hull. Remember the 7/1's hull was changed quite a bit? It bounces stuff at tier 8, 9 and sometimes 10 because the angle was increased. Meaning, this thing's hull armor will be the same as the HD Cen 7/1.

Hello dearie ~

I am still not seeing the point of this. Its still a 4202 with a worse hull, heat and goes 5 kph faster.  I guess if you have to do a tank in HD you might as well but they are doing HD for the 4202 anyway at T8. 

They buffed it, here are it´s current stats:

tolvt9a5pvi.jpg

They increased it´s topspeed by 8 kp/h and buffed the terrainresistance, so its mobility should now be on par with/slightly better than the russian meds (they also buffed the turretrotationspeed).

Looks alright now I guess but I would trade that 4° of gundepression any day for better guncontrol and actually usable armor

Now thats more like it! If they bring back HESH, i dont ever need to play another medium again. Hell, this already looks better than tier 9.5 patton ever was.

Edited by Paaranoja

Looks a lot better, mobility is now on par with the STB-1, maybe even better with these hover terrain resistance values, but with a lot better gun handling. Now let's see how effective the armour is gonna be...

RXytk5U.jpg

Am I correct that the numbers I circled in blue are gun dispersion values, while the numbers I circled in green are the terrain resistance values? If so, this is going to be an insanely powerful tank that will pretty much powercreep the STB-1 even if it has much worse turret armor and slightly less DPM. If they actually release it in this configuration, it's going to be one of the most desired tier 10 mediums.

Am I correct that the numbers I circled in blue are gun dispersion values, while the numbers I circled in green are the terrain resistance values?\

Yes

Am I correct that the numbers I circled in blue are gun dispersion values, while the numbers I circled in green are the terrain resistance values? If so, this is going to be an insanely powerful tank that will pretty much powercreep the STB-1 even if it has much worse turret armor and slightly less DPM. If they actually release it in this configuration, it's going to be one of the most desired tier 10 mediums.

The STB has relativly effective armor whereas this thing might aswell have the same frontal armor as the leopard.

Nonsense. The frontal armour on the Leopard is only going to get auto-bounces.

The Cent 7/1's UFP is exactly the same as the T-54's, which is 'will bounce stuff some of the time'.

>M48 buff when

Anyways, neat tank, goes pretty fast too. A little pissed off the M48 isn't getting much love, at least the British is.

Looks like an upgraded/better 7/1, like it should be. And the 7/1 is already damn fun, I'll definitely play this one, I'll miss the HESH though.

I wish they were trying to emulate the pre-HD cent 7/1 where hull-down  and turret strength was an actual thing. It'd have been interesting, I think, and a more unique playstyle. Give it lower DPM, a-la Leo1, with a solid hull-down type turret, maybe keep a few extra degrees of depression(scale it back to -8 or -6 or something) and trade in the shitter 100~ pen HESH for the good stuff, a 2nd gold round with 240 or whatever the 4202 has. Let it be a utility tank, with (relative) low mobility, but workable hull-down, a full spread of useful rounds, and lower dpm relative to the other T10 meds. I'd have played the shit out of that. I'll still probably play the shit out of this, but I'm sad that only the RU meds are allowed to have turret armor for some reason.