kunjuro

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING: Tier X Centurion Action X

Good turret armor + good gun depression would be too powerful combo. Unless balanced by really bad gun soft stats like type59 and STB. Type59 with its -7 degrees is really easy to find hulldown spots compared to other russian/china meds.

How could you miss this news?

- It's actually possible for Action X to have a better armored turret than it is now based on some other data, WG is waiting for test results first however;

RXytk5U.jpg

Am I correct that the numbers I circled in blue are gun dispersion values, while the numbers I circled in green are the terrain resistance values? If so, this is going to be an insanely powerful tank that will pretty much powercreep the STB-1 even if it has much worse turret armor and slightly less DPM. If they actually release it in this configuration, it's going to be one of the most desired tier 10 mediums.

I disagree. STB-1 still has a turret you actually have to aim at, even with HEAT.

But CAX with its current turret is autopen even with AP, and HEAT just makes it butter.

So it's a completely different kind of a tank - you should compare it with Leopard 1 instead, because both are auto penned.

THere is a huge difference if you have to aim at a weakspot, and when you just snapshot the fuck out of something straight away with pretty much 0 chance of bounce, except the rare gun hits.

Also, the bloom values for CAX are better than STB's, but actually not that much. Compare them side by side and you'll see. It's still garbage compared to the Obj140, which is the golden standard of a medium.

I wish they would really uparmor the turret, that would make it a competition to STB which I'd probably prefer (because camo means squat in WoT nowadays so it's not even a con worth mentioning, yet WG treats it like one). It would trade the useless camo factor for better gun stats, which are preferable, and it technically could ding t8 off the angled UFP which the STB can't do.

But if the turret stays like it is right now (terrible, horrible crap that carries enough armor to slow you down but not to bounce a shot) - STB just shits on this, I'm afraid.

Jesus... the light on that thing sticks out so much. I won't be surprised if this thing ends up being called the cyclops.
I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all, but that has to be one of the ugliest tanks I've seen for quite some time. justmyopinionyaknow

- Centurion Action X turret roof effective armor is 200+ mm according to Storm
- Centurion Action X sucks? "We made it the way it really was."
- the frontal turret of Action X is pretty thick but Storm doesn't recommend using it to bounce shots like you can use the Soviet turrets
- the sloped area above the mantlet is the weakspot of Action X (149 - 197mm EFF)
- Storm confirms: armor is the only parameter that will not be touched in favour of balance
- Vickers MBT would be two times more fragile than Action X Centurion
- it's theoretically possible to give Action X two guns but the vehicle is practically ready, balanced and prepared for release

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.no/2015/09/2192015-q.html

So, how does this address the main issues of the FV4202 again? That of no turret armor and low top speed?

Well it goes 53..., but for the turret armor idk the 4202 turret is actually based off the action x turret if I remember lol

Um, nope. The FV4202 was the testbed for a number of things, one among them was the mantlet-less turret. The Action X is, to some limited degree, a derivative of the FV4202's turret married to a Centurion 7 hull. All in all, the turret will be more sturdy alone by the fact, that the turret ring is considerably less prominent. The frontal hull will be less sturdy than the FV's, purely due to sloping. The direct turret front is thicker and thanks to the "cheek-bones" next to the gun, potentially quite trollish. The "forehead" isn't as weak as it appears and never was the weakness of the FV's turret either (the FV's weakspot was the turret ring and the direct front of the turret, where the gun is mounted, both is less of a problem now). What makes the "weak" forehead work, is using ridge-lines with the agility, great gun-control and gun-depression and in this position, the FV was extremely capable and will be even more capable in the form of the Action X. It's not a T29, but definitly good enough and with the speedbuff, it will gain the flexibility that remained as the FV's primary operational problem after the DPM-buff.

Outside of that, the alternative was the Vickers MBT, which was basically a watered-down Centurion 7, which offered more speed, but weaker armor. All in all, it would have been a Centurion 1 with even weaker side-armor, married with the L7 and a top speed of about 50-55km/h. More of a side-grade to the 7/1, instead of a continuation and between the two, the Action X just has more character and should be a better continuation of the Centurion 1->Centurion 7-line.

Um, nope. The FV4202 was the testbed for a number of things, one among them was the mantlet-less turret. The Action X is, to some limited degree, a derivative of the FV4202's turret married to a Centurion 7 hull. All in all, the turret will be more sturdy alone by the fact, that the turret ring is considerably less prominent. The frontal hull will be less sturdy than the FV's, purely due to sloping. The direct turret front is thicker and thanks to the "cheek-bones" next to the gun, potentially quite trollish. The "forehead" isn't as weak as it appears and never was the weakness of the FV's turret either (the FV's weakspot was the turret ring and the direct front of the turret, where the gun is mounted, both is less of a problem now). What makes the "weak" forehead work, is using ridge-lines with the agility, great gun-control and gun-depression and in this position, the FV was extremely capable and will be even more capable in the form of the Action X. It's not a T29, but definitly good enough and with the speedbuff, it will gain the flexibility that remained as the FV's primary operational problem after the DPM-buff.

Outside of that, the alternative was the Vickers MBT, which was basically a watered-down Centurion 7, which offered more speed, but weaker armor. All in all, it would have been a Centurion 1 with even weaker side-armor, married with the L7 and a top speed of about 50-55km/h. More of a side-grade to the 7/1, instead of a continuation and between the two, the Action X just has more character and should be a better continuation of the Centurion 1->Centurion 7-line.

Oh lol, and yeah the Vickers MBT wouldn't have been a great tier 10.. maybe could work out as a tier 9 reward/mission tank? or there's always the type 59 with the 105 L7...

So we get an STB variant that has a bit better bloom, but large as a house and with no turret armor (140-190 EA? might as well be zero on tier X, except HE shots - not going to bounce anything, even low rolls lol).

Guess I was (sadly) right on the "another Leo clone"... I mean, sure it has "some" armor but it can't bounce for life. And it trades that for 10 km/h less speed and IIRC (can't remember Leo's bloom values) worse gun stats.

I hoped for a tactical tank with above average turret (STB level would be fine), slower and bigger but with excellent gun handling, and we - so far - have another inferior version of Leopard.

Great.

I hoped for CAX to bring me back to WOT but this is just crap. I can't stand unarmored tanks in modern WoT, you feel gimped 90% of the time.

Edited by Yuri_Yslin

Yeah that is quiet a let down. I'm sure that the tank will be OKish, but I don't see much reason to drive it over a number of other options out there.

The tank looks cool though v0v

Gun handling, speed, and HEAT ammo advantages over FV4202 will do for me.

If it has more like Patton/140 and less like Leo 1 dispersion, plus a turret that can be a bit troll, near 3k base DPM and looks that good well I'll be playing it that's for sure.

If you would compare this to m48 is this right, how I see it, namely cent > m48?

= comparable speed+camo

= comparable armour (not sure)

+ prob. better gun stats

Well, yep,I guess. But then again, if you compare the real performance of tanks like Leo1, AMX30, CAX... umm, idk. Leo 1 is a bit faster, they're all practically unarmored, similar bloom IIRC, similiar DPM IIRC... not much difference. CAX has a bit of gun depression but IIRC it's also the slowest of the bunch. So you trade 10 km/h topspeed for two degrees of depression... not worth all the fuss I'm afraid. Nothing unique :(

If you would compare this to m48 is this right, how I see it, namely cent > m48?

= comparable speed+camo

= comparable armour (not sure)

+ prob. better gun stats

There's no way the CAX is getting the bloom values of the Patton, which makes the tank already.

I for one don't like the fact that they remove the HESH round, it was the sole thing making the FV4202 good and absolutely raping other meds in brawls. I rarely ever fire gold in my T10 mediums, short of german t10 turrets because I can't stand HEAT, the troll of it is so awful that I'd rather take my chances aiming instead of getting trolled on a regular basis. I'd rather still have the HESH round on the CAX, then it'd be OP in the hands of people knowing how to use the HESH, but still unique because of it. Now it's going to be a knockoff 30B that does everything okay but nothing well, another medium that is just like all the other L7 tanks

HESH would be nice as third option. It should have two gold rounds :X

It indeed made the tank unique, now it's just another inferior Leopard 1.

HESH + STB levels of turret (Russian meds' turret would be too much, I guess) + Accurate gun + 10 degree depression = I'd play the crap out of this.

Edited by Yuri_Yslin

HESH would be nice as third option. It should have two gold rounds :X

It indeed made the tank unique, now it's just another inferior Leopard 1.

HESH + STB levels of turret (Russian meds' turret would be too much, I guess) + Accurate gun + 10 degree depression = I'd play the crap out of this.

Yeah. It's one thing I am going to miss the most about the FV4202 (and, by consequence, the Cent 7/1 and Charioteer). Yes you do not ahve a super-pen-shell, but how often do you really need it? HESH was the funny little thing, that really took the piss over all the glass-cannons and stuffing one op an IS7's arse was always the funniest thing of the day.