Sign in to follow this  
comix

pred not grinding 13 90/132 for tournaments because it 'kills his stats'. Thoughts?

Should he grind for one??  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Yay/Nay

2. 2. Which one (If yes)

Question

<23:30:38> "pred_error": ive checked Top10 ratings for lights, 1390, T71, wz
<23:30:41> "pred_error": nt enough to me
<23:30:43> "pred_error": hahaha
<23:30:47> "comix": omg
<23:30:53> "pred_error": avg damage damn low
<23:30:55> "pred_error": kdr is fuck all
<23:30:59> "pred_error": hahahaha
<23:31:03> "comix": thing is
<23:31:04> "pred_error": so fck lights LOL
<23:31:13> "comix": it gives you speed to reset
<23:31:16> "comix": and cap
<23:31:19> "comix": as well as spot
<23:31:31> "pred_error": yup, checked it eff as well. not up to par still
<23:31:35> "pred_error": hahahhaha
<23:31:39> "pred_error": i did my full research.

o.O

Can I get purples here to back me up and make this phag grind for one so I can have the best shooter in my team not drive a T1 on open maps??

14 answers to this question

Can I get purples here to back me up and make this phag grind for one so I can have the best shooter in my team not drive a T1 on open maps??

I m not purple i cant back you up

plus i m playing lights a lot T71 and 13 90 at the moment (dont know about 132 tho)

and yes it kills stats but its not a problem if you are not purple :P

13-90 and 132 are fantastic light tanks. If you don't want to get them because you are not a good light driver, then that's fine. I didn't bother grabbing any of the arty before they were killed in the last patch because I really suck at arty, and there were guys better than me that would drive them anyways.

If, however, you don't want them for the sole reason they will kill your stats, then you need to re-think your priorities for tournaments. Tourneys are no place for people who are too stat-anal to pick up tanks that will help the team win. Even if you end up sticking to the T1 tanks anyways, you should at least attempt to grab these tanks if you know how to drive lights.

Who the fruck cares if your stats drop a bit for grinding an awesomely fun tank like the 132? I love mine and play it whenever I have the chance. Really, the whole stats thing is getting out of hand...

Am I the only one that only cares about tank-specific stats?

Tank-specific stats are meaningless beyond seeing who on the team should be in what tank. If he has a chance of being the best 13-90 driver the team has, then he should definetly get the tank. Whether he has a 65% winrate or 75% winrate in a tank realy doesn't matter. If you want to win, you will do what is nessisary for the team to win. If you care about your stats more than you care about how your team does, then you need to stick to stat-padding in pub matches.

Judging by the poll.

Guess it's time for him to borrow my account and try it out.

If he doesn't like them or does shit in them, I won't make him grind for it.

meh, I'm with whisky, and besides, if you think about it, the gold you win from tournaments will be enough to subsidize the grinds for/buying all le new OP tonks for maximum statpadding. Think of it as an investment now that can reap rewards later.

Plus, there's just a certain visceral enjoyment to running across the field in Mali as shots whizz past you and wrek their team as it tries to leave base, all while screaming at the top of your lungs "THEY'RE AFTER ME LUCKY CHARMZ", that WN/Eff don't include in their rating scheme

also, dat feel, I know dat feel; the best player on my team only has an IS-3. He doesn't even have a crewed T1 yet, I have to play his fugging Loltraktor on occasion

Tail wagging the dog here.

Stats are meant to be an indication of a good player. We respect people with good stats because it tends to indicate that they're a good player, but the stats in and of themselves are meaningess. Exploiting deficiencies in the rating systems (ie. inability to get per tanks stats or damage upon spotting off the profile pages which throws off LT ratings) doesn't make you good, it just makes you a stat whore. That term gets thrown around a lot by pubbies, but in this case when someone is intentionally not doing something otherwise benificial for the sole purpose of keeping their stats high... I think it fits.

I agree completely.

WZ-132 may be one of the most fun tanks to play in my garage, and I do so fairly regularly. Tanks which allow me vision control of the map certainly make me feel like I am the one who wins or loses matches. As in 132 and Batchat.

I have played most my games solo on both, and manage well above 60% winrate. I just love those little buggers.