Storm

Internet Boats - SEA edition

191 posts in this topic

Yes, he spends most of his time whining about how battleships are all terribly underpowered... but still plays them more than any other class. :kjugh: 

They kinda are. In the lower tiers anyway. WG balance at its finest.

But yeah, I think Im gonna take a break from boots foruming for a bit. My first, second and third reactions are to lash out at everyone for being utter morons. Just because they frequently are, doesnt really make it a reasonable reaction and can only lead to me hating the boats forums as much as I do the tanks forum. This happened during the patch of much broken-ness as well, I got so sick of Umidoori continually spouting shit about the Yamato (and destroyers, and game distance compression) that I up and quit for a month or so. 

Fucking WG forums. 

I'm pretty much over boots.

Had an absolute shit night, my chat is borked so i cant even division "plat" with anyone. My torps couldn't hit a thing and even my guns were way off tonight.

Very close to rage quitting the game for good; even a game that is just meant to be a bit of fun were stats wont actually account for anything...?...!

Its only fun while it doesnt feel like the game is conspiring against you. Thats why I stick to cruisers, less RNG prone, more go fast and shoot stuff. I cant be bothered fucking around with long reload times, weapons with an appalling hit rate, or any sort of RTS gameplay elements. Seriously, fuck RTS. 

The chat thing isnt anything new either, Fuck knows what they do to it, but it likes to stop working on people at random.

I had a heap of conspiracy theories regarding that broken chat.

But the issue is the fun can really dissipate quickly. For me at least.

I just had one of "those" nights too. I was tired, and everyone else was seemingly able to launch torps with unbelievable accuracy. Was having a game too in my newly acquired Murmansk when i got wrecked by torp salvos from a Minekaze that i couldn't even spot. Then when i take my Minekaze out i suck in it hard. Torps dont hit anything, they almost seemed to be travelling slowly and i'm lit all the time......

So, there you go. I sucked. At least last night anyway.

In fact i'm playing for fun a lot more nowadays, as i cant be arsed being serious about anything made by WG.

I almost believed for a while it was you in that Minekaze torping me last night.

You excel in that thing, while i just cant adjust to it. Is there something different about the Minekaze from those DD's that precede it?

I thought i did alright in the other low tier Jap DD's but the Minekaze is showing me i haven't yet really adapted. 

I almost believed for a while it was you in that Minekaze torping me last night.

You excel in that thing, while i just cant adjust to it. Is there something different about the Minekaze from those DD's that precede it?

I thought i did alright in the other low tier Jap DD's but the Minekaze is showing me i haven't yet really adapted. 

I think the Minekaze has the sweetspot for camo, nimbleness and torp selection.

Just got the Mutsuki and it just doesn't feel as good. I imagine it will be better with the upgrade torps.

Basically with the Minekaze I circle outside detection range and spam either 10km slow torps or 7km fast torps. I switched between the two a lot during the grind. Either way, they're not seeing you until 6.0km range.

Compare my Farragut stats with those of the Minekaze and it's blatantly obvious that the game is all about the torpedo.

Could it just be the experience of the players you are up against? Similar to the tier based ability gradient in WoT?

I could buy that, up to a point.

The problem is i have played a bit of boats. Albeit not always DD's so much.

I didn't play that class very much during the testing phases.

What i need to consider is the raft of changes that have occurred over the journey from Alpha to open Beta. It could very well be that my preconceptions are misplaced and outdated too.

At any rate it was just one of those nights. Even tonks was evil to me.

I could buy that, up to a point.

The problem is i have played a bit of boats. Albeit not always DD's so much.

I didn't play that class very much during the testing phases.

What i need to consider is the raft of changes that have occurred over the journey from Alpha to open Beta. It could very well be that my preconceptions are misplaced and outdated too.

At any rate it was just one of those nights. Even tonks was evil to me.

I guess part of the reason i asked is that 'pedos seem less about RNG but more player ability reliant. Hence i could understand them ranging in how effective they are based both on your ability and those of your opponents.

Well, yes, that is true.

Torp placement is about skill.

It is about predicting how the other player will react to the situation. A good player can also slightly influence this behaviour by choosing to fire his guns or not. Firing guns will break your camo, much like tonks; so firing from a destroyer is like opening up with your LT. You do it when it seems the risk is worth the reward. However, as you are aware, you can cause behaviour changes in that player; if he is aggressive he will change course to intercept you or, if passive will look to turn away and attempt to disengage. Either of these actions can be predicted, and you can place your torp's to approximate that action.

Now after all this, i have come to the conclusion, i am bad; was having a bad night, and need to improve or log off and do something else.

Now after all this, i have come to the conclusion, i am bad; was having a bad night, and need to improve or log off and do something else.

I call it balance. Having another night of balance tonight so don't think i'll be shooting any tanks, planes or installing any boots.

I call it balance. Having another night of balance tonight so don't think i'll be shooting any tanks, planes or installing any boots.

Was talking to Steeltrap last night while playing boat people. He misses you. Yes, he was doing his 'I hate MM' in chat.

It's all a "balancing" act.

Tonight's balancing act was glorious. Had booked a swanky restaurant for a later sitting. Table was not ready as previous couple dilly dallied so free drinks at the bar. Dinner nice but service a little tardy. Waitress barely seen as she'd been obviously hurried during evening and a tad shirty due to a large 20+ person group that had stretched her. After they'd left guessing she'd managed to acquire some extra enthusiasm for life in significant linear form, then arrived with the bill rather apologetic. Thence opens a bottle of $350 port pouring two substantial glasses for us as we sign our bill then runs out to the uber to tell them we've been delayed. Also takes my name and number promising better service next time. Gotta love balance.

That is the best kind of balance.

Celebrating something?

Was a rather late birthday dinner. I'm now rather curious as to what exactly our waitress will be getting up to this evening. She was set to have a biggun.