Teslarod

DOTA 2 - The International 2015

Never seen anyone talking about Dotka around here. I'll just give it a shot to see if some fellow MOBA armchair generals are going to follow this year's main event.

TI3 was pretty legit, last year I missed it completely and it seems like I didn't miss much.

With 6.84 still being fairly new and mixing things up I'm really looking forward to TI5 thi August. Anyone planning to watch it?

If you like LOL better by all means please do so. I'm a oldschool kiddo growing up with WC3 and nostalgia is a big part why I still enjoy this game so much, even if I barely ever play anymore.

I like DOTA 2 a lot but i suck big time and never found anyone to play with so i stopped playing altogether like 1 year ago (and recently started playing lol again, and it's so boring ..., but al least it's super easy to win random matches). The last TI i watched was the second, but i might watch this one depeding on which teams end up winning the first matches, i don't have favoritsms so i just care for fun gameplay, as long as someone with a non "let's farm a billion gold and split push" mentality is playing i might watch a couple of matches.

I put in about 600 hours and got pretty good at it, but the long match times as compared to WoT killed it for me.

That being said I still watch the TI tourneys and a couple streams here and there, I am pretty hyped for this years competition.

Definitely watching it, but TI4 was honestly disappointing. I like to pretend the semi-finals were the actual finals.

I put in about 600 hours and got pretty good at it, but the long match times as compared to WoT killed it for me.

That being said I still watch the TI tourneys and a couple streams here and there, I am pretty hyped for this years competition.

I've only played Dota2 and HoN, but the best "mode" that I've heard of is one called mid-wars in Heroes of Newerth. It's one lane only, 5v5 and the action is good and the matches are fast.
HoN also has the ability to surrender after fifteen minutes.

I haven't played HoN in a while now because my friends were playing Dota2, and HoN was slowly dying, but I heard it was purchased by another company recently, so if you're looking for faster game modes you might want to consider checking out HoN.

I've only played Dota2 and HoN, but the best "mode" that I've heard of is one called mid-wars in Heroes of Newerth. It's one lane only, 5v5 and the action is good and the matches are fast.HoN also has the ability to surrender after fifteen minutes.

A similar mode existed in WC3 Dota. It made for fun and fast games, but was kinda lacking the depth you get in regular Dota.

Since you mentioned surrendering, a concede option is pretty much the only thing that could get me back to active play. While it would sure as hell have its problems (people begging their teams to concede etc.), I'd rather deal with all that than waste 20 minutes on a lost game while the enemy team faffs about farming free kills and killing Rosh 3 more times.

So its happening. RIP my sleep.... no clue why they are still airing the games on Murican time :(

Well, I don't have much interest but I have watched my kids play dota and we are heading out to Seattle shortly so they can attend live.